the clean-cut look

bbristow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was talking to one of my close friends, and she said when she first saw me, she thought i was gay, coz i looked too clean cut. i don't grow any facial scruff (i only grow some in the moustache & goatee area and i shave that), and to be honest i just think i kinda dress well (started doing so during my 2nd year in college). and i personally think i'm not too clean cut.

does anyone get that reaction from people? does anyone think that the majority of gay men is very clean cut? i think it is such a generalization of the gay population, and an effect how they are portrayed in the media.

does my look give the impression that i am gay? and no, i don't have anything against looking like a gay man, as long as i am associated with the fashionable (but not over-the-top) ones.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi bbristow,

Gay people are generally thought to be neater than straight people so yes, clean cut is thought to be gay. But then again, these same ignorant people think Europeans, Latinos, Asians, Techno music junkies, dancers, gymnasts (male), construction workers, or people living in the Chelsea area are gay.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
I've never understood how Asians could be stereotyped as gay: From what I do understand, they have a very complex moral system in their countries. Being gay would be considered very dishonorable, and in a place like China you would be killed.

two2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
some of that is partly true. gay people usually spend a little more time pampering themselves and looking in the mirror.. but that is a good thing if you ask me..

Krusader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've never understood how Asians could be stereotyped as gay: From what I do understand, they have a very complex moral system in their countries. Being gay would be considered very dishonorable, and in a place like China you would be killed.

Yea its kinda of a taboo subject in my country and illegal for them to have s*x