The Clintons

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by swordfishME, Jan 5, 2008.

1. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I have been reading various opnions on what a liar, scheming woman Hillary Clinton is (BTW, what happened to Rodham?). The same people say that they love Bill Clinton and what a great President he was. Am I missing something here: Bill is a great former President and Hillary apparently is a lying, cheating whore? I thought he was the cheater in the family. Showuld not they both be equallty disliked. I fail to see how you can like him and dislike her because of cheating?/

2. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I'm sure if she was a man she'd just be looked at as another politician, there wouldn't be as much scrutiny. Some people just can't look at a woman the same as a man in the same role. I myself am guilty of this, but only in the world of comedy. I laugh at a lot of things women say in the real world, they're very funny. But when it comes to stand up comedy I can't stand to watch a woman on stage. Not because I don't want her to succeed, I just honestly don't find a lot of female stand up comics funny. The only women comedians I like are Lisa Lampanelli, but I sometimes forget she's a woman. And I like Andy Dick.

As for your question, a lot of the people who complain about Hillary are the ones who dislike the idea of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton. Since Bill isn't running, why bad mouth the most worshiped man in the Democratic party? Bash his wife! The one who has been trying to better this country for over 30 years.

3. sargon20

Gold Member

Sorry to say this but a politician is ALLOWED a private life. To suggest his affair had a f*** thing to do with effective governance is one HUMONGOUS load of crap hosited on us by the corrupt Right Wingers.

4. Damian Johnson

Damian Johnson New Member

Dude - its simple.

Bill Clinton has "the common touch" - excellent at communicating with people, down to earth and easy to be with. Hes exciting to listen to

This is why despite his cheating etc - people are still fond of him - even the Bush family like entertaining him because hes fun to be around

Barak Obama has the same "common touch" - people like to be near him and he presents well. Its as simple as that. his simple vision of change and bringing America together is what has made him a success so far

Hillary Clinton - despite the spin doctors, image consultants, fancy hairdos, new suits, carefully worded speeaches - does not have the common touch. You either have it or you dont. She doesnt. The real Hillary is the lovely academic girl with the large glasses - liberal, fun loving yet a very hard worker - NOT the polished blonde stepford wife we are now all presented with - people sense this and it makes them uneasy about her

This is why her campaign is suffering at present and why people still blame her for the cheating (they find it hard to be mad at Bill so easier to blame it on his wife who comes accross as cold hard and insincere) very unfair but there it is

5. ~quicksilver~

~quicksilver~ New Member

I happen to really like Hillary Clinton, been too long since I lived in the U.S. to be fully aware of all the political points of the candidates but I always thought she had a tough time from people. I think all women in politics do. They have to have a tough exterior to really be taken seriously by their opponents and then they are criticised for it.

The one thing I did notice about opinions on Hillary when I lived in the states is that people are rarely indifferent towards her. You either love her or hate her it seems. Few are in the middle.

6. Damian Johnson

Damian Johnson New Member

Dude - that's part of her weakness Im afraid. I like and respect her too, but the trouble is she divides people. They either love her or they hate her. America needs to be united and to provide a truely fresh face to the world.

As a New Yorker originally, I think that Hillary will be a continuation of the Clinton-Bush dynasty years - I think most Americans are sick of this and want a fresh sheet and a leader who will help to re-connect the United States with countries around the world and who everyone in the country can connect with

Bill had it, Obama has it - Hillary sadly doesnt

7. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

She's been involved in a lot of scandals which isn't anything unique when you're a politician. I believe she started using Rodham after her father died, but then dropped it when she started her run for the presidency. What I find interesting is that she is campaigning as Hillary. We don't refer to the other candidates by their first name.

I don't care for either one of them, but I'm not sure why you are referring to her in such derogatory terms. When you say she's a lying, cheating, whore, are you referring to her marriage or just her as a person? There have been rumors of infidelity on her part, but none have ever been proven as they have with her husband.

8. sargon20

Gold Member

Must be reading Mann Coulter opps Ann Coulter.

9. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    As mentioned, Bill has the gift of charisma. Hillary may be lacking in charisma but she makes up for it in intelligence and determination. She could be described as shrewd - something that's complimentary when used to define men, not so much for women.

If she can map out a firm, user-friendly national health insurance plan, I think she still has a very good chance of winning the election. This was her weak spot after the fiasco of the early years in the Clinton administration and if she can offer a solution that actually works, she's good to go. Not to mention her husband has plenty of experience as former president and I think that is certainly an advantage never witnessed before in the presidency.

She may be a liar but they're all liars, however big or small. It's how they make their way to this point. Whether it's intentional, a lie of omission, or making promises they can't deliver, they all do it. We're foolish to think otherwise.

10. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    She is evil make no mistake...but maybe that is the type of person it takes. We currently have dumb in office and that clearly has not worked. I think Edwards and Ob. are at least decent people. We haven't that in office in years. Can't see the other side players as they don't believe all people in this counrty are equal so they must go away. Back to Hil.

11. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

It's charisma, and to some degree it's ease. When I see her at an appearance, I have the impression of a woman who knows her stuff, but it also appears like she is sticking with an elaborate concept. A good comparison in my opinion would be a student who has learned all the facts, but can't extemporize or even deviate from his scheme. Advisors or not, she is running for an office where the abilities to react correctly to given situations will be even more demanded than working out her own schemes.

I agree on both, but they are neither what I am looking for. In eight years of Bush jr. administration, interior and exterior trust in American policy has faded. Whoever is next faces a task similar to the one of Gerald Ford in the seventies, who had to restore the trust after the Nixon fuck-ups. Charismatic or not, it is no task for an unexperienced, but a political heavyweight.

12. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    buddy, politics is not about you, and what you personally like or dislike. At that level, if you push hard enough, none of us will ever agree on anything.

So what if you don't like somebody? What difference does that make?

Politics is about the common good, the common purpose, the common goodwill. What you like & don't like in a person is a very private, personal thing that is quite a bit of fun in the bedroom. But don't confuse politics with what or whom you like personally unless you want to be a king or queen.

13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Politics is everything about what you personally like or dislike. The ideal would be nice but not the way of the world otherwise we wouldn't need the process....or borders...or countries. Love Hilary to pieces...fine by me buddy

14. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Anythings better than a lying cheating republican toetapper, look up senator larry craig for a definition of toetapper, Id vote for anyone just to keep a republican out of the white house

15. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The whole impeachment of Bill Clinton was because the Republicans couldn't get laid (unless they were gay) and wanted a message sent. Politics and sex don't mix.

16. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Did you ever notice that almost every political topic, even this one about the Democratic Clintons, somehow turns into an anti-Bush, anti-Republican thread?

17. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Given the demographic of this site, and the liberal tendancy of late to make everything anti-Bush and anti-Republican, it doesn't surprise me.

Ron Paul '08!

18. JustAsking

Gold Member

I had the same impression you do earlier in the year. But Hillary surprised me with her demeanor during the CNN/YouTube debates. She was friendly and engaging to the audience. And equally surprising, Barack Obama was somewhat academic and aloof during those debates.

19. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes. Im old school. He was the president and she was first lady. I respect them for that. I didnt vote for Bill and wont vote for her. The name calling is uncalled for.

20. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    But its sure allright for almost every political topic on AM radio to be an endless anti-Clinton, anti-Democratic rant.

Draft saved Draft deleted