The Clooney Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Selmus_Swallow, Mar 27, 2009.

1. D_Selmus_Swallow

D_Selmus_Swallow Account Disabled

I had heard of this before, and I'm beginning to wonder if I might not have a touch of it. I'm thinking so, if only because I seem to get tagged with a lot of these descriptions and yet the luck with women just is not there (read over any number of threads I've started along those lines here, haha):

What is Clooney syndrome?Can someone please help me? - Yahoo! Answers

Who knew charm, wit, looks, and style could be such a road-block to romance?

I wonder how exactly one would overcome this, because really I can't think of a good way of going about it.

2. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I know it's going to sound a little trite d-low, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

You know how they say when it rains, it pours? I really do think this has something to do with an inner glow you develop when in a new relationship. And you start to notice all the other people expressing interest because you're putting those vibes out there, so to speak. Basically, I think in order to cultivate this same phenomena when not in a new relationship you have to focus on all the ways you are happy. Anything that brings you joy, do that. Focus on anything and everything that is beautiful to you and you'll have that glow, and they'll come running.

Like I said, kinda trite, maybe corny even, but I hope it's at least somewhat helpful.

:-D

#2 Enid, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  3. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

Rosemary Clooney was a great singer!!

4. D_Selmus_Swallow

I can only hope.

5. D_Selmus_Swallow

George, not Rosemary. :tongue: Though I can sing!

I dunno; it just seems like, at least as far as guys (and most women) I know go, that they seem to think that just because I have a few qualities to admire or that are attractive, that suddenly women must be throwing themselves at me. And that because they never see me for long with any one woman, that I must by definition be with just about every woman on the street, when in fact they are about as wrong as wrong can get. If anything the more I improve, the more difficult it seems to be to get anybody. :confused:

6. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just don't seek it out, and it will find you young jedi. And before you know it you will be face deep in women that want you.

Draft saved Draft deleted