The cock looking experiment

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Before I started reading the threads here, I never really thought about guys checking each other out at the urinal or in the locker room. From reading the threads here, all these guys, many straight ones, say that every guy looks and checks out other guys--it's natural. For some reason I can't understand why any straight guy would be interested in another guy's cock. Anyways, I've started to look around urinals and locker rooms to see if guys are really checking each other out and comparing and you know what? I don't see it. I haven't seen any guy look at another guy while pissing. If anything guys try really hard to hide themselves from others. In the locker room guys are sometimes naked but I don't see other guys lingering on guys crotches. It seems like most want to get dressed as soon as possible. So is this really something that happens all the time, or are the guys here a bit more into cock than other guys but just want to rationalize that everyone checks out cock, cause they do?

I don't have an answer but I'd love guys to take the cock checkout challenge to see how many guys are urinals and locker rooms are checking each other out. Now, as a caveat, gay guys can't really count for this because of course they would check out cock--their admittedly into cock. So if you're gym is a "gay gym" then your figures would be skewed. I'll leave it to you to make the judgment:wink:

I'm really curious if this is actually something guys do or something we wish guys would/are doing.

Reactions: Saint Raphael

B_hardasarokkk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As a str8 dude I dont do it as a rule, I'll gladly flop out the old fella for any guy thats inclined to take a peek, but then we all have the LPSG to fall back on... right guys?!!!!

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
my gym is not a "gay gym" but I do know that there is a very large population of non-hetero guys that work out there. After all, it is a large health club in a large metropolitan area. You do the math. They don't call it "gay church" for nothing. My point? EVERY DAMN GUY LOOKS. At old, at young. It's like there is a constant assessment of persons in the room. It's not bad- it's just the way it is. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not.

Part of me believes that it's human nature: specificially, since we walk around all day in jeans and t-shirts, our culture doesn't really embrace a place for men to gather together and have naked bonding time- with the exception of the locker room. After all, the acceptable tradition of having swimming holes where guys could skinny dip together seems to have "dried up" (bad intentional pun.) But the locker room is still the great equilizer.

At my club, there's a good amount of guys that don't just GET IN - GET OUT. There is social comraderie- in the shower areas, in the saunas- and the steam rooms. Along with that comes some exhibitionistic or voyeuristic behavior by some, and some troll behavior by others... but as a whole, it's natural.

So if you are covered all day, and then you come to a place where everyone is uncovered- I think it goes beyond sexual interest to know that other men look at you. It's a place where you see something that you don't see anywhere else. And as long as a guy isn't leering or S T A R I N G to the point where the other guy gets up and leaves, I think an occasional glance is ok. After all, you are two strangers (or friends) in the same room together- I almost think it would be more wierd (and rude) to completely ignore the person like they weren't there at all- unless that ignoring is meant to send a signal that your boundaries are being violated.

Since the other guy is uncovered, it's nature discovering nature. I'm not talking about homosexuality- instead it's human instinct that draws us together as social animals. Even for the (rare) uber 100++++% straight guy out there, as long as you aren't REPULSED by the human body that is in front of you, I think you'll take a quick look- maybe make eye contact to see who the guy is (maybe you have already met him once) perhaps to do the obligatory head nod "how you doin?" or just a soft/non-commital smile. That's called being gracious in public. If what you see doesn't make you nauseated or angry or threatened, you'll look until your conscious mind realizes that you ARE LOOKING, and then you'll look away.

Some guys look. They look very loudly. They make eye contact, then the eyes sweep down the body, back up, and make eye contact again- maybe with an approving smile. Sometimes it means "Great work in the gym. Good Job! Keep up the good work." Other times, it means "Meet me out back in 15 minutes." That can't always be determined- although when put in that situation frequently, a person can build up a skill in reading the signals. Unfortunately, just like a spontaneous erection, signals can become crossed, and much hilarity ensues.

Another part of it is the social rules/ appropriateness/ "plausable deniability." There is a bit more tolerance to sneaking a peek at a trough urinal when the dude whipped out next to you is half-drunk and the scene is a loud, raucous sporting event. Chances are, you're drunk too, and your momentary peek can be explained or easily forgotten. Inhibitions are down, and liquid courage has sparked the competition (and is fueling the pee contest, for that matter!) Compare that with the more private and button-downed scene of two white collar colleagues, pressed into a tiny wall space where two individual urinals have a small board to give false modesty. One situation invites casual eye contact more than the other.

A guy would do very well to learn when he CAN look, when he is being INVITED (or expected) to look, and when it would be best for him to keep his glance averted downward at all costs. I think there are places where all are the correct choice, depending on the comfort of the social group.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
EVERY DAMN GUY LOOKS. At old, at young. It's like there is a constant assessment of persons in the room. It's not bad- it's just the way it is. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not.

See, this is my point. I'm not going to argue against your experiences, I'm just saying, I've actively been looking to confirm this and I have yet to do it and I belong to 2 gyms. One gym is a "gay gym" cause it's located in the "gay" area of town and it's pretty obvious. The other gym is at a college and you get the college guys, local guys and college staff. Even in the gay gym, I don't see every guy looking, yeah you see some, but not everyone. I've seen plenty of guys at gay bars and clubs hide their cock while they piss. At the college gym I haven't seen anyone even glance at anyone. Trust me, I'm looking and then I start wondering if everyone thinks I'm checking everyone out...LOL

I guess I would think that if you check out another guy, well from that action it may seem that you are interested. We can't read each other's mind and if you don't want to send that possible signal, you don't look. I just think there would be more incentives for people to not look (don't want to pick someone up, don't want to be seen as gay, don't want to be seen as a perve) than the incentive to look (want to compare size, want to enjoy male nudity). Again, I'm not arguing against you. I'm just wondering what you gym you go to and where can I sign up?:wink:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I work out in the AM, there is a group of 'regulars' taht work out- nice group of guys... We are not 'best friends' but we do talk, laugh and BS- esp in the locker room- (as most are trying to get to work- great time to shave,etc...) quite a few come in straggling with suitstuff on a hanger.

Do we 'look'? yes- has their been comments? yes. serious? no. One day I came out of the shower a bit 'plumped' (not hard just well, its the gym- and did get a few looks...Another guy has huge balls, he bent over to get his towels and got a few chuckles.... its harmless.

I think this also ties into the eternal thread of age differential and nudity (ie younger= more clothes/less comport level...) older usually = less clothes/more comfort level)

D_Keziah Binbanger

Experimental Member
Media
To anwer directly to you interrogation HyperHulk...we don't look directly at a guy's penis. We try to see it discretly just to know: "Hey I'm bigger than him!" or "Lol...he's hard and tries to hide it" or "Man...this cock is big...wish I had it". Just usual thoughts about dicks. There's nothing sexual about and it doesn't arouse me at all. It's really hard to walk in the locker room and not see dicks unless you walk with your eyes closed.

As for my own experience at urinals, I noticed that older guys will not stay as close to the urinal when pissing than younger ones. It's funny to see them almost trying to get in it to be sure nobody can see their penis. If I'd try to piss the same way they do, my dick would touch the back of the urinal and it's fucking disgusting. Older guys just piss in a relaxed way, and are more likely to check other dicks. I don't check because I don't want to offend guys but if I notice someone staring at my dick, I'll check his.

Reactions: 1119457

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
UGH! I hate to be mean about this one, but no straight guy is gonna take you up on your challenge. At best, a bi guy like yourself would because of the interest.

The only guys who would 100% want to take part would be gay men...and that's not even all that accurate. Most men go to the bathroom to do one thing, and that's to pee. If they're going to cruise, then they'd be more likely to take time and survey the options. However, most men don't instinctually stare at the penises directly next to them while they're using the facilities. It's not accurate.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
UGH! I hate to be mean about this one, but no straight guy is gonna take you up on your challenge. At best, a bi guy like yourself would because of the interest.

The only guys who would 100% want to take part would be gay men...and that's not even all that accurate. Most men go to the bathroom to do one thing, and that's to pee. If they're going to cruise, then they'd be more likely to take time and survey the options. However, most men don't instinctually stare at the penises directly next to them while they're using the facilities. It's not accurate.

Well you guys are kinda supporting my new revised theory that not every guys does actually check or look at other guys in these situations. That's what I had noticed. Yeah, guys might be doing it discreetly but I just don't think it happens all the time. It doesn't mean that guys who do look have some sexual interest but I just think some guys find cocks somewhat interesting and some guys are not interested in another guys cock at all or at least they don't want to chance looking at one in public situations.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
As i was soaping myself down in the locker room tonite, I remembered what I had posted this morning, and I thought I would post a clarifying question to what I had written earlier...

For all you 100% straight guys who are wrestling with the "to look or not to look" question: do you feel that there is some sort of shame if guys DO look?

I know that most guys who are somewhere between 0-100 are going to say that they look- and not duck responsibility. But I am more interested in hearing from the "tough guys" that are repulsed by the thought of group male nudity- like two magnets that push each other away.

I don't want to cause any kind of flame fight, but I guess I wonder if the reason why some guys don't admit to looking (or say that they don't) is due to some sort of shame in looking at another naked man?

Building on a previous post in this tread, some guys look, and some other guys seem to have no interest looking whatsoever. Maybe the interest in cock with those guys is only in the function of their own- which i guess I maybe understand.

keep the responses positive boys

I admit that I do check out other guys in the LR/shower. As others have mentioned it is an environment that is the great equlaizer. I label myself as 100% straight because I have never had or ever could have a sexual encounter with another man. Also, I enjoy sex with women, and connect with women on an emotional level. That being said, I do really appreciate a good looking guy with a great body. I'm not interested in having sexual relations with them, but I'm curious to see what they've got. Why? I really don't know. Maybe it's because I have struggled with weight issues, body image and my looks my entire life. I have received lots of compliments from men and women about "being a good looking guy with a great body" and have received lots of sexual advances from both genders (even to this day at 40 years old). Here's the problem, I don't see it! When I'm checking out another guy that I consider attractive it's not because I am getting horned up over it, it's because I want to see how I compare. I'm a sociable guy, so I have no problem striking up a conversation with anyone even in the nude in a communal shower or buck ass naked in the locker room. We are social creatures, so it is natural to want to interact with others and also compare ourselves to other guys to validate ourselves. I would like to point out though that there is a huge difference between a discrete glance and outright staring. I don't mind another guy checking me out (I actually enjoy it - the exhibitionist in me I guess), but a guy STARING at me really creeps me out no matter how good looking he is. If I see a guy staring at me, or constantly glancing at me, I try to avoid looking at them. I have had some creepy encounters in the LR and shower before, so if I'm getting a bad vibe from another guy I exit the area ASAP.

The guys who I find odd are the ones who do everything possible to never look at another guy when they are naked, or straight guys who can't admit that another guy is good looking. Why? What are they afraid of? I had a friend in university who was incredibly homophobic and he used to be proud of that fact. However, on more than a few occassions, I saw him checking me out in the locker room, when I was in the communal shower and once when I was sleeping (I awoke and saw him staring at my dick and balls that had fallen out of my boxers). As soon as I woke up he quickly shut his eyes and pretended to be asleep. He was ridiculous. I would be standing there completely naked in the LR and he would look up at the ceiling or at the floor rather than look at me naked. He would only glance at me when he thought I didn't see him doing so. This guy used to go on and on about not being naked around other guys (he wouldn't shower or change around me or our other buddies), complain constantly about how gross other guys are to look at and how awful homosexulaity was. He would jump into bed with any woman no matter how disgusting she was to prove that he was straight. Some of the women he slept with he wouldn't let us meet out of embarrassment. Hell, some of my buddies were prettier than some of the women he slept with! One of our friends was a total pretty boy that looked like he stepped off the cover of GQ. We used to tease him about it relentlessly - mostly because we were all so jealous of his incredible good looks and all of the women he used to get. This friend of mine couldn't admit that my other buddy was good looking even though every other guy (all straight) had said it. If anything, this guy used to cause many other guys to wonder if he was closeted because he would go to these ridiculous extremes 24/7 to "prove" that he wasn't gay.

As for the urinal thing, I don't check out guys there only because to me pissing is pretty gross and I don't want to look at it. I do laugh at the guys though who are practically hugging the urinals when they pee out of fear that someone might see their dick. I stand a little back because I don't want any part of a urinal touching me or my clothes as pubes and dried pee are normally on the bottom edge of the urinal. That's a cleanliness/hygiene issue for me which I'm a little OC about.

Good discussion gents! Keep it up.

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
AG, I had a buddy just like yours named Mike. He'd be Lookin' at the ceiling, floor etc. We could be having a conversation and as we start changing he's doing all he can to not look at anyone, which is pretty difficult at 6pm.

Other guys that were mutual friends called him on it and he said in Catholic school they taught them to not look at each other. They said "what, so you don't turn gay". He said, "well, it isn't gonna help!" He was pissed. Now we had our button to push. LOL.

Just like your buddy, declare 100% straight, never looked at another guy. Would quote Seinfeld, "that's just more information than I want to know"! He also refused to acknowledge that he could recognize if another guy is attractive or not. We challenged it all. Eventually he claimed that all guys are the same. "Put a male model next to a fat guy, they are equally attractive to me, disgusting".

He really got mad after a while. We realized we went too far, so we quit and just let him be.

We had a pool in the back yard and my other roommates and I would occassionally swim naked. Some other people would too and some wouldn't. When Mike would show up we'd cover ourselves, put trunks on or leave.

Years go by. Everything the same.

Mike and I are out at a sports bar, both pretty drunk. We have to piss, there is a line. To continue the custom of respecting his dislike for even seeing my cock, I offer to stay behind with the beers. It just what the rest of us did when he was around. When I get back, we're talking and he mentions that the guy next to had a cock that was soft bigger than his was hard and has that ever happened to me.

I said no, but I'm sure if it were me instead of you, he would have been bigger than me too.

Mike: How do you know that? You've never seen my cock.
Me: True, I don't.
Mike: Welllllll Why'd ya say it then.
Me: What? I don't know. I'm average, I assume you're average. Who cares.
Mike: I do! (He's pissed about it now)
Me: Don't know what to tell ya Mike. Ya been not looking at anyone and hidin' your cock. Now you have doubts about your size. I was trying to be nice. Whatever.
Mike: How big is yours?
Me: Ya know, I'm not telling ya. You've had many opportunity to see it and didn't want to look. Now we're out, havin a good time and NOW you wanna discuss this. You're F'd up you know that don't you? There are people everywhere. More importantly, girls we wanna hook up with.

So there is one guy who really didn't ever peek up to that point in his life. ~25 yo at the time.

From that time forward, he's been obsessed with his size and how he compares to the rest of us, me, etc. He's so bad now that he's always worried that the last guy a girl was with will be bigger than him. Sadly for him the first three gfs he had were size queens and he wasn't enough for them "not even close".

He's obsessed with his size now and regrets not checking us out when he had the chance, but it's our fault because we gave him so much sh*t at the time for not looking that he couldn't look cuz we'd have made a big deal over that too. Which was true because his behavior prior to then was so bizaar.

He still asks me how big I am and over time has asked me about all our mutual friends from back then and now. I purposely fluster him with vague answers, Like I don't remember if it's someone else or "it depends" if it's me.

He was a mess. We made it worse. If he could bring himself to peek we'd be done with this already, but he won't.

He eventually told me the reason he looks up or at the floor is that he doesn't want to be gay. What a dumbass. Man I have some stupid friends. FYI the rest of us think he is interested in both sexes, but was too afraid to experiment.

Sorry. I'm all over the place and way off track. This thread brought back some memories of someone who I used to get along with, but recently don't like being around because he's so needy.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
He eventually told me the reason he looks up or at the floor is that he doesn't want to be gay. What a dumbass. Man I have some stupid friends. FYI the rest of us think he is interested in both sexes, but was too afraid to experiment.

Maybe for your friend and the story above you, the guys avoided looking because they do feel homosexual feelings and yearnings and are so self-conscious they think anything they might do, might out them? I guess straight guys can't win--if they look people might think they are interested and if they don't look, people will think they are over-compensating and might be gay? I'd be a little weirded out by a straight guy that would always be asking to see my cock. Although in my younger years I would have said, well I'll show you mine if you show me yours and whoever is smaller has to blow the bigger one. But that's cause I was rather evil when I was younger...lol

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It's an ape thing.

And it isn't always funny. I was travelling once and used an all male spa with a big open shower area. I got some really unpleasant looks from some guys. I didn't hang around. I'll often even use the cubicle instead of the urinal. People don't like you fucking "their" women if your cock is bigger than theirs.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
People don't like you fucking "their" women if your cock is bigger than theirs.

I would think that people wouldn't like you fucking their women, cause, well that's their woman. Do they like if you fuck their woman if your cock is smaller than theirs? I wonder if the guys are like, "honey, now you go and have a good time getting fucked but he better not be bigger than me or I will be highly put out. Highly."

Your gigolo world is fascinating drifter.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I would think that people wouldn't like you fucking their women, cause, well that's their woman. Do they like if you fuck their woman if your cock is smaller than theirs? I wonder if the guys are like, "honey, now you go and have a good time getting fucked but he better not be bigger than me or I will be highly put out. Highly."

Your gigolo world is fascinating drifter.

No - I mean in the "Ya'll aren't around from here, are ya boy?", foreign or out of town places, not husbands or boyfriends.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No - I mean in the "Ya'll aren't around from here, are ya boy?", foreign or out of town places, not husbands or boyfriends.

You got all of that from them noticing your size in the spa? What if they saw your cock and it's size and thought you were sporting a semi looking at them?

I was at a spa thing in a foreign place and all the locals started surrounding me looking at my muscles and pointing at my crotch. It was highly disturbing and I quickly put my towel around me and the started laughing at me because I was covering myself up and it was clear they really really wanted to see what was underneath. But it wasn't a gay thing--it was a curiosity thing. Crappy experience, I felt like a sideshow freak.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
do GUYS, really, check each other in locker rooms?

YES and NO...
they do, but not all, cause in life, everything tends to be in the middle. SO, it's not a win|lose situation. depending on the gym there could be more guys checking other guys. SIMPLE fact!
but the thing I've noticed is the AGE factor. now I'm fat and lazy, but when young used to be sporty and go to a lot of different locker rooms, and the thing is, the older the guys, the more they check you OUT!
IT'S awkward being a 12 y.o. and have a 50ish guy fixated in your [still growing] dick and asking about your pubic hairs!
at the same time it was arousing and strange, specially NOW, knowing about child abuse and such, that 'father' figures would be wanting more than you than you smiley face! SO yep, men do look at each other. THEY don't need to stair wide open and gauge, but a GLIMPSE is more than normal... NOT if you're a 50ish LOOKING at me as a 12 y.o. growing boy!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've started to look around urinals and locker rooms to see if guys are really checking each other out and comparing and you know what? I don't see it.

So is this really something that happens all the time...?

You seem to be looking for overt comparing and viewing of penises. In which case you have already answered your own question by stating you don't see this happening. Yet another thread of penis comparison anecdotes to add to the legion of others. Hooray.:cool:

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You seem to be looking for overt comparing and viewing of penises. In which case you have already answered your own question by stating you don't see this happening. Yet another thread of penis comparison anecdotes to add to the legion of others. Hooray.:cool:

Well, I guess my original hypothesis was actually an anti-penis comparison thread. I had the theory that comparing cocks isn't occurring as frequently or universally as what I read from many of the threads that you are referring to. I guess I wanted to know if people are seeing something I'm missing or if guys who are into cocks have normalized their behavior by projecting their voyeurism onto others? I'm not sure if anyone can really answer that. Cheers though for your feedback.:wink: