The Coffee Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Mar 3, 2010.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

Just came across this group. They claim to be the intelligent alternative to the Tea Bag Movement. Click Coffee Party | Wake Up and Stand Up for more info.

Their mission statement:

MISSION: The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

Sounds amusing.:smile:

Oh, and I LOVE their opinion poll on their main page. Love it, love it, love it! Just LOVE it!

2. B_Mister Buildington

Is this a joke? Not that it's outlandish, it just seems like a pun or something.

3. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

can't believe how many have joined in just a few days!

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I want a Keg Party and I want one now.

5. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Leave it to Midtolowlife to hyperventilate about a completely rational and understandable movement.

6. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Aaw I like the teabaggers. Every time my boyfriend hears "tea bag" on the news he gets this look in his eyes and ...it's fun time!!!:wink:

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I'm so terribly frightened.

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

You really do need to be more careful with regard to your word choice. I had the occasion to hyperventilate in . . . well, I don't remember. It might have been when I got a horse for my 6th birthday, but that was so long ago.

I just think it's amusing the Starpooper's favorite group has a counter group that prefers coffee to weak tea. :biggrin1:

9. therarity84

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I actually joined the group on Facebook. I think it's pretty interesting. Considering all of the coverage that the Tea Party has received in the media, I wonder how this will play out...

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Why are rightwingers always cowards?

11. midlifebear

Gold Member

That's an interesting question. For example, despite all of his right-wing hubris and wrapping himself in the US flag, Starpooper has never put his life where is mouth is by joining the armed services. Maybe he regards donating Toys for Tots to the Marines every xmas his idea of being a brave patriot. :smile:

12. B_starinvestor

Elaborate?

Since the majority of military personnel are right wing - you are accusing the military of being a bunch of cowards?

Sounds about right coming from you.

Putrid.

13. B_starinvestor

That is an interesting angle.

Midtolowlife thinks that anyone outside of the military is a coward?

You make the decision to enter the military, generally, as a teenager. The Cold War had just ended as I was nearing the completion of high school. I had never had any interest in pursuing the military any more than I did of pursuing construction or horticulture.

I was gifted in math and as such, pursued a career path in which I could put those skills to work.

Are people who have a skill - and then pursue and develop that skill - *cowards* in your book?

Maybe you should share this theory with your students? Let them all know that unless they go into the military - that you will view them as cowards.

Brilliant material again from Midtolowlife.:smile:

14. midlifebear

Gold Member

Nope. Once again I've obviously hit a nerve. As a gay man I was unable to serve honestly in the military (without great risk). But I still volunteered for 2.5 years with VISTA working in Montecello, Ewetaw for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Unlike you, I believe I need to add to the public good in the USA, my country, even though Spain is my home. I never said you were a coward. That's a word you decided to use. But it's quite obvious from your response that you consider your "special" gift more important than taking the opportunity to contribute to the greater good. In fact, you tend to deride just about everyone who posts on LPSG and mentions they have a particular charity or organization they work with.

You see, just handing over X number of bucks to that charity conglomerate that comes around once a year really doesn't cut it. For such a rabid, gung ho "activist" such as yourself I would hope you to have at least done something for someone else or another group without expecting anything in return. But you haven't, have you? All you do is rant and rail at others who have more experience and a broader world view than you, accusing them of being "liberal" or drinking your famous Kool Aid.

Nope, you're the lowest of the low when it comes to being a full participant in the human race. You've made it quite clear many times that you are interested in only one thing: you -- and how getting to convince others to think like you will help you.

And how, exactly, is that going for you? (insipid smily face here) and :smile: here

#14 midlifebear, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  15. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

You must be the one who has a problem with the troops, why else hijack a discussion by mentioning them? Why do you cower behind their reputation, especially when you yourself are not a soldier? Not exactly honorable. It shows just how little respect you have for our men in uniform, that you would so casually use them as a shield while trying to personally attack someone else.

So, like I was saying, why are so many of you rightwingers cowards?

16. B_starinvestor

Contact Wartrac. He's military and a member here - just reach out to him and ask why most military personnel are right wing and why they are cowards (in your words)?

17. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^Still hiding behind others, trying to get them to fight your battles for you... lol, this is getting ridiculous. Who are going to refer me to next troll? Your mommy? lolol

let's simplify this... Why are YOU such a coward? Why can't you stand up for yourself and be your own man, with your own code?

Don't be a troll and don't be a fucking pussy dude. If you have a problem with me on a personal level, then do something about it. Otherwise, I suggest you act like a man and stick to the topic at hand.

#17 B_talltpaguy, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  18. B_starinvestor

Funny stuff.

You - who calls me a coward from behind a screen name on an internet site.

Its pretty obvious who the coward is. Because i GUARANTEE you wouldn't say that if you were standing in front of me.

Now, quit flame baiting and try to act like an adult for a change.

The name calling and adolescent snickering that spews from your keyboard reflects poorly on liberals as a whole.

You personify each and every negative stigma.

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Do you really want to go there, star? :rolleyes:
    Whether you decide to call someone "uneducated" or "stupid", it means the exact same thing. It's still an insult even if one looks more respectful than the other. You're essentially taking a cow chip and making it look like a brownie. Even with the sprinkled sugar on top, it's still a lump of shit.

Until you stop insulting people, don't expect anyone to adhere to your requests. To pass moral judgements on others for insulting people right now is very hypocritical.

20. B_starinvestor

way to come to the rescue of somebody who blatantly called me a coward.

You claim that I suggest that people from the ghetto are uneducated. That is different than me coming out and calling you a derogatory name.

Draft saved Draft deleted