The "comfortable zone"-when and what is it for you?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Ramsey, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Ramsey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The comfortable zone in a relationship, when does it hit for you when dating someone? 2 months? 6 months? 5 years? And, what does it entail for you? Letting out all your bad habits etc?

Post your individual experiences.

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    A few months I think. Once I start taking my shoes off in his vehicle and tucking my feet into the corner of the dash I really like him. When we go out to dinner and I'm sitting with my feet tucked into the seat, smiling, relaxed, laughing. You know real laughter that only happens when you are truely at ease with someone. I'm always giving him the keys so he can drive (which also means I trust him to get me where ever safely.)

Hmmm, if I wear my glasses instead of my contacts, because I'm super blind and I feel vulnerable in my glasses. If he catches me singing... really singing, because that's something I love to do but I'm rather shy about. When I walk around the house brushing my teeth and I don't care that he's there. I wear less clothes, something like just a tshirt and I'm comfortable with him seeing me like that, just walking around, maybe with my hair messed up from sleeping.

When I complain about something. Most of the time I try to keep things to myself, like I'm freezing or whatever... but when I'm comfortable I become more vocal. Oh most importantly when I can't fall asleep without him.

Edit:

It's not about putting on an act. I don't act like someone I'm not, I'm just not relaxed. There's a big difference. Relaxing around someone makes me vulnerable, walls are great for keeping them out. It's an automatic reaction to turn into a Stepford. I'm not sure why I do it. Which is probably why I only date guys that I'm friends with first. Someone that I already feel moderately at ease with. Otherwise I'm knocking over water glasses, dropping things, stepping on his toes...

#2 HiddenLacey, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  3. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    laying naked on the couch with her head on my tummy....gently massaging and playing with my semi hard dick and big hairy nuts....

4. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Day 1. I dont put on a front for people. I really am the way I act whether we are in a relationship or not. You know what your getting into when you go out with me lol. It is so much simpler.

5. DavidXL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For me, it's not the time so much as once you're past the point of wondering whether you can call her or if it's too soon since you last spoke and/or maybe if it's her turn to call you and/or if you wonder if you don't call her if you'll ever hear from her again. For me, it's when you feel completely free to call her whenever you want and know that she'll be happy to hear from you, whether you're calling for a reason or no reason at all.

6. D_Gaylegate Greatfloppye

Sigh!

7. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    not being asked isn't it to early to be smoking that shit.

8. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

A couple of months in my experience. Up until then, you're both enjoying the experience of sex with a new person, but eventually you realize you're comfortable with the person when you're not fucking or thinking about it, and there's much more to your relationship.

Or the opposite, you know there's nothing beyond sex, and that's the time to say goodbye. Unfortunately sometimes you stay together at this point, which doesn't lead to long-term happiness.

9. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    People seem to think I'm smart and I attract em with my brain but that all drops when I get comfy and out pops the geeky over talkative nerd. But with my comfort level also comes out my insecurities (shrugs shoulders). Oh well. There was a time where I wouldn't have said anything at all.

10. D_Gallalye Goodlolly

When i can fart infront of you.lol.not tht ill make it a habit

Draft saved Draft deleted