The concept of the "bromance"

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_henry miller, Jul 27, 2008.

1. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

I first heard the term "bromance" on this forum. I think it was that guy DeeBlackthorne who used it in a thread. I thought it was such a creative term and concept. I later started to hear the term in other places, and I figured that a lot of people must've read DeeBlackthorne's post. But now I'm thinking, um, maybe not. It must've been in popular lexicon prior to DeeBlackthorne's reference to the term.

In this thread, I mentioned that I found a magazine article that refers to Bam Margera's bromance:
    http://www.lpsg.org/96160-bam-margeras-man-crush.html

Urban Dictionary has several entries:
    Urban Dictionary: bromance

And apparently an upcoming TV show and movie will have the term as their title:
    "Bromance" (2008)
    Bromance (2010)

Anyway, it's an awesome concept. I think that this concept will allow for a type of freedom for men. Actually (lol) I think there's probably a lot of bromances on this forum. (lol)

2. Barry7680

Barry7680 Member

I cannot say it is a full "bromance," it is seems that certain male broadcasters have mancrushes on Senator Obama.

3. B_henry miller

I guess he's sort of like Will Smith, nonthreatening. And he makes white people feel good about themselves because by supporting him you can feel assured that you are not racist, and you can be assured that "the system works" because he is proof that even a black man can make it if he works hard.

Personally, however, I'm sick of Obama. I hope he loses.

Anyway, back to the topic of bromance....

4. B_henry miller

Well, I must say, this thread is suring lighting up the forum (lol).... :dunno:

Draft saved Draft deleted