The connection of fleeting attraction.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Picture this, you are walking down the street out shopping whatever, when you look up and see someone you find attractive, they look at you and there is that spark of mutual attraction.... At this point my questions comes into play! Would you want to be approached by this person. What would you do if they did try to talk to you. How much impact does this connection have on you, do you want to drop your draws and make wild passionate love on the spot, or is it just a 'we wanted each other but were to afraid to take the next step'.
I've had this connection with a few people while out shopping and have never taken it any further. Should we be more aggressive and make more of that opportunity or just be content with the buzz of knowing what could have been.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should take it further, no one's going to be offended if a guy comes up to them in the street and says something like 'i don't normally do this but I caught sight of you and fancied you like a mad crazy fool'. She might well think you're a mad crazy fool but if there is a mutually felt instant attraction she might throw caution to the wind and instead of slapping you just have you arrested :)

Seriously, go for it, what have you got to lose?

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You should take it further, no one's going to be offended if a guy comes up to them in the street and says something like 'i don't normally do this but I caught sight of you and fancied you like a mad crazy fool'. She might well think you're a mad crazy fool but if there is a mutually felt instant attraction she might throw caution to the wind and instead of slapping you just have you arrested :)

Seriously, go for it, what have you got to lose?

Thanks for the advice SpoiledPrincess but how do women feel about these situations what do you want to happen when this happens to you?

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I would like to say i go with SpoiltPrincess's theory and "Go for it" but besides the fact ive never had this instant attraction i would be far to shy to at upon it, and if he approached me id probably be such a ball of nerves id dribble like a retard and make an ass of myself

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I once looked at a woman across a restaurant. Something about her simply said to me that she would be someone I'd like. We made eye contact a few times, but she was with a group of friends, and I was with other people... To walk over and strike up a conversation seemed too awkward. Just another one of those, what-might-have-happened things.

On those rare occasions when I have spoken with someone I didn't already know, it has only very rarely gone anywhere. I seem to be more comfortable and do better when some basis for moving forward has been established over time.

That said, there are those individuals who seem so damn attractive I wish it was as simple as just openly asking for time with them.

KomodoDragon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would like to say i go with SpoiltPrincess's theory and "Go for it" but besides the fact ive never had this instant attraction i would be far to shy to at upon it, and if he approached me id probably be such a ball of nerves id dribble like a retard and make an ass of myself

I would then take this opportunity to say this, Lee_M, I think I have this attraction for you...seriously. Please send me a private message.:rolleyes:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes people stare at you because you are goofy looking, just by my experience.

Not everyone who stares at you is attracted to you.

Gitana Rose

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That describes James Blunt's song...

"Your beautiful"...

"You're Beautiful"

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

I too have felt these instant connections with certain people,
I remember one from years ago while visiting the San Diego zoo,
One of the clean up crew and I locked eyes and I felt like I was lifted to another place...I told my mom who I was with...That guy has gorgeous eyes mom,and she said,"honey his eyes look like yours they are the same color"...That hazel type of greenish~gold,but I will always remember that moment,I believe there is a deeper connection somehow,I just don't know what it is.Always a thought of what could have been.
It's sad in a way.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like my men to be "MEN" and make the first move.
To me it says that he know what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it.
It pisses me off to have smoking hot eye contact and then he doesn't have the balls to follow it up.
Dragonfly

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had it for the first time just a few weeks ago. eventually I acted on it, because she rode the bus a couple of more times, so I took it upon myself to appraoch her in school.

I am going to her house this weekend.

I honestly, had never felt like it was a sure attraction before. Our eyes locked, and neither of us let go, until we both knew. Lust at first sight.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My problem isn't the attraction. My problem lies with the fleeting. I feel like relationships are disposable. I hate that feeling. It causes me not to trust many guys these days.

I don't know exactly where I truly belong in the scheme of things...as far as dating. I don't put up with the stuff I used to tolerate.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My problem isn't the attraction. My problem lies with the fleeting. I feel like relationships are disposable. I hate that feeling. It causes me not to trust many guys these days.

I don't know exactly where I truly belong in the scheme of things...as far as dating. I don't put up with the stuff I used to tolerate.

Isn't this what bar hook-ups are all about?

I can NOT stand THAT either. :wink::biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since the popularity of computers it seems people aren't quite so forthcoming in some ways as they were, when I was a teenager and in my early 20's it wasn't exactly rare for guys to go up to women in the street and ask for their number etc.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since the popularity of computers it seems people aren't quite so forthcoming in some ways as they were, when I was a teenager and in my early 20's it wasn't exactly rare for guys to go up to women in the street and ask for their number etc.

Life is just so different now. Its not just computers, its cable television and indie music. It used to be, two peopel could meet on the streets, and as long as they were from the same generation, they both would have the same tastes in music, and probably recreation.

Now people have individualized, so that if you meet somebody on the street, chances are, you have nothing in common.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That was my experience with a man I fell hard for about 5 years ago. From the moment I laid eyes on him I knew I was in trouble. He fell instantly for me as well. We didn't just rip our clothes off at the moment...we waited awhile. He moved away (back home) and left me broken-hearted but has in the last year come back into my life. My feelings for this man have never gone away nor have his for me. I have never felt such an intense attraction or feelings for any man in my life the way I feel for him and I don't think it is possible I ever will again.