The coolest atheist.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
There's just a lot of people in southern Texas who need some lip from atheists.

make that northern texas too... scratch that. ALL of texas.

everytime i'm in dallas, it's like churches galore. i'm constantly asking my S.O. if that church *points over there* is new. or if this one *points other direction* is new. and so on, and so on.

as my S.O. puts it, "texas is the belt buckle of the bible belt."

Last edited:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
For atheists and agnostics here I got a question . Who is to you the coolest atheist ? To me is Christopher Hitchens. The way he owns religious guys in debates is awesome .

Hitchens {Peter} is/was a self identified christian or so I believe he stated in an interview.
The coolest atheist is Madame Zora!
Don't believe it?
It's true she is!:biggrin1:
C.B.:saevil:
*Before I edited this I was refering to Ken Miller.**

Last edited:

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
I think that both Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are great. We also have in our midst a guy who writes here absolutely brilliantly about non-belief -- Phil Ayesho.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have watched Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris, as well as Christopher Hitchens, on video, and on the basis of that observation I would say that applying the word "cool" to either of the first two is a very weird choice. You would have to be very nerdy for Dawkins or Harris to be your idea of "cool." Hitchens, on the other hand, by dint of his resonant voice, his verbal facility, and his air of dispassionate contempt, is decidedly cool. I also read that, by his own admission, he drinks "enough to stun a mule."

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Hitchens, on the other hand, by dint of his resonant voice, his verbal facility, and his air of dispassionate contempt, is decidedly cool. I also read that, by his own admission, he drinks "enough to stun a mule."

Bingo.
Also smokes like a chimney.
I regret that ... I'd like him to be around for another 20 or 25 years, but I worry he won't be.

Explain someone who did not attain Nirvana so he could teach others that life is about suffering....

The Buddha was probably an agnostic.
He did not believe that humans can really know anything about a 'god,' presuming one exists.
(Of course, when he was teaching, there were many competing notions of what 'god' must be like, and the fact that so many mutually contradictory notions were held so vociferously was a pretty good proof that none of the certainty-filled peeps knew what they were talking about.)
Buddhism itself is considered a non-theistic religion ... and some would say, not a religion at all, but rather a psychology or a practice.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Atheists are boring.

Who's the most interesting agnostic makes for better and harder to find material.

Without religion man would be tribal and fighting and crusading and inquisitioning for any number of other reasons. You're not the right color. You're too hairy. Your dick isn't right. Your ....

Hell look at atheists and what they've accomplished inflicting suffering. Puts the religious' accomplishments to shame.

It is the human condition. Even Hitchens suffers from it. He thinks, "they are too religious."

I'd bet that if Hitchens could kill some finite number of people to stop the messianic, apocalyptic, self-fulfilling prophesy he fears imminent, he would. You see Hitchens isn't a Quaker. :)

Last edited:

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Atheists are boring.

Who's the most interesting agnostic makes for better and harder to find material.

Without religion man would be tribal and fighting and crusading and inquisitioning for any number of other reasons. You're not the right color. You're too hairy. Your dick isn't right. Your ....

Hell look at atheists and what they've accomplished inflicting suffering. Puts the religious' accomplishments to shame.

It is the human condition. Even Hitchens suffers from it. He thinks, "they are too religious."

I'd bet that if could kill some finite number of people to stop the messianic, apocalyptic, self-fulfilling prophesy he fears imminent, he would. You see Hitchens isn't a Quaker. :)

Yeah but Hitchens debates are entertaining as hell and the way that he owned his opponents is really epic.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Last edited: