The County Fair

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by ChicagoWuff, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ChicagoWuff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To clarify, I do not come from a small people... We are large and we are sedentary. Our family motto involves shutting up our inner children with cookies. Which, is not to say I'm massively overweight, but at 05'-10" a solid 250lbs, I'm definitely a big guy. But since I go to the gym 3-5 times a week, I like to think I'm SOLID MUSCLE... with a fleshy protective coating.

So, I drove up to Wisconsin two weekends ago to visit family and hit up the county fair. An awesome time was had, much fun... much food. And then came the rides. I love carnival rides. SO much fun. Until...

There was this one ride... It was a doozy and it involved those big U-shaped harnesses that swing down from overhead. We all hopped in, settled into our seats, pulled down the bar and then... Well... Apparently mine didn't go down far enough. So I found myself faced by a strapping young man who needed me to make sure I was as far back as possible, that I couldn't pull it any closer and... If I was willing to let him have a go.

The ride, was fun. The fact that my entire row of people couldn't get out of their restraints at the end was awkward... But really, the only thing that really sucked was when that first strapping young man was joined by a second and both put their full strength into pushing that restraint bar down on me, quickly and sharply crushing my balls. THAT made me nauseous.

Of course, I should use this as motivation to lose a bit of weight, but my boyfriend adores me bigger. And I remember being thin and miserable. Heck... I'm happy and comfortable with my body which is something a LOT of people can't say. But... I dunno. I feel like perhaps I should take this as a sign. I love roller coasters and I don't want to give them up.

Figured this isn't one of my typical social networking sites and when it comes to something like this, I'd rather ask strangers than friends. What would you do?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I always give the same advice. Be in the best possible shape and condition for your size and height. How well do you fit in a typical coach airline seat? Do you need seatbelt extenders? These are the things I usually ask people who I don't know about weight loss. The most important thing about any diet or exercise regime is that you feel good and healthy. Good luck and keep ups posted.
    PS this is an appearance issue so I'm moving it.

3. ChicagoWuff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd say this most definitely isn't an "appearance issue" as I'm quite happy with my appearance. This is more a concern about liking roller coasters and not wanting to give them up because they hurt my balls. I was quite comfortable with the "etc" forum.

That being said and to answer your questions. I think I'm in great shape and condition for my size and height. Typical coach airline seats are tight, but I've never needed an extender. I FEEL good and healthy. Except... When forcibly crammed into carnival rides apparently.

4. earllogjam

Gold Member

You said that you were once thin. Where you miserable because you were thin or was it something else?

It's much easier to be overweight in your early 30's healthwise but as you age it takes a toll on your body. When I was your age I decided I needed to loose 35 lbs with my doctor goading and I did it and it stayed off. I didn't think I was fat but I did it because of health problems even though I felt great. I had high blood pressure and pre diabetes which all scared the shit out of me. Suffice to say I am much more healthy today than when I was in my 30's.

Treasure your health because without it nothing else is possible.

5. ChicagoWuff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, I was 180lbs and looked downright anorexic. I remember looking at myself and thinking I was disgusting and whilst I never forced myself to throw up, I definitely skipped meals. I was miserable because I thought I needed to fit this "ideal" and the truth was, all I needed was to accept myself.

I am healthy and see my doctor regularly. Other than low cholesterol (HDL) which has been raised through drugs, I'm doing great. Healthier than some guys half my size.

6. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I first thought your post would be about a particular carnival ride.
    I love those round rides where you stand up with your back facing the back and get strapped in. Then it starts turning around very fast and the bottom drops down. Cyntrifical (?) force keeps you from falling. The bulges of guys are fantastic! It's been awhile since I've ridden one though but believe me...they are fun. :smile:

7. cal_uncut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Your bf is a very lucky guy. ;) You're hot, big cock, big balls.... yummm

8. earllogjam

Gold Member

That's great! I like a bit of meat on a guy's bones and so do many guys I've known. I'm a bit chunky here too. :smile:

I thought this thread was going to be about corn dogs and funnel cakes.

9. Redheadchi

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm about 6'1, 255-260 and I'm happy with the way I am. Not to say i couldn't lose a few pounds. I'm a little slower than my friends when it comes to running but they are also 5'9 160 and I can hold my own with them. My Cholestrol is at good level, don't need meds, good blood and lungs. I'm German and Norwegen decent so I have a bit of a large frame to begin with and I did a lot of manual labor when i was younger which helped grow muscles and I lifted in HS for sports. I just have what I like to call my winter barrier around that muscle. I used to lose weight in the summer and gain it back in the winter but now I've been at a stable weight for about 5 years. I'm happy and the Doc says I'm healthy But I feel your pain about the carnival rides. I have been squished in the a few times and don't ride them much anymore. But I love some of the rides at Great America.

10. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bottom line is that many things are designed for the average sized guy in mind...that doesn't mean that someone my size (6'3" and 225lbs) needs to lose weight. We just don't happen to be 5'9" and 160lbs!

Draft saved Draft deleted