The 'Crazy Vibe', what sets yours off?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jesus Christ Megs, we have got to get you out of Kansas you are way too good for every man you have ever encountered.

Things that I have experienced first-hand that have set off alarm bells:

When he cries every time we get into an argument.
When he lives with his mom just because it's easier.
When he tells me that his father has been on America's Most Wanted at least three times.
When his father is currently in prison for blowing up the meth lab he ran in the basement of the families home.
When he has a criminal record.
When he admits that he was once addicted to crack.
When he lies, even once, no matter what it's about. HUGE alarm bells.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The 'Crazy Vibe', what sets yours off?
  • Men who are clingy and need to know where I am every second of the day.
  • Men with no male friends.
  • Don't be sitting up under me all the time. :mad: Go to Dave & Buster's, have a poker or bowling night. Do Something!
  • His white chip falls out of his wallet when he pays for your drink.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I'm crazy and proud of it. I don't hang out with people who aren't a bit nuts. Normal perspectives bore me. Give me paranoia. Give me mania. Seriously though, it can get a bit much. Like when the craziness outweighs everything else. If you need a daily fistful of pills to exist, then I can't deal. I like people who can go outside without taking a fistful of thorazines. Honestly, I would prefer to see someone in their natural "crazy" state, then drugged up. Drugs are fine, just not drugs that are taken constantly to regulate brain chemicals. I hate pills. I hate forced behavioral norms.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm crazy and proud of it. I don't hang out with people who aren't a bit nuts.Normal perspectives bore me. Give me paranoia. Give me mania. Have you ever seen someone in a true manic state?:confused: It ain't all sunshine and daffodils. Seriously though, it can get a bit much. Like when the craziness outweighs everything else. If you need a daily fistful of pills to exist, then I can't deal. Then you and I will never be friends. Tis a pity you seemed like a nice chap. I like people who can go outside without taking a fistful of thorazines. How nice for you. :rolleyes:Honestly, I would prefer to see someone in their natural "crazy" state, then drugged up. So you say, but if I go off the Effexor XR, I will spiral into the depths of a depression so deep I will make Sylvia Plath look like Marge Simpson. Drugs are fine, just not drugs that are taken constantly to regulate brain chemicals. Whatever . . .:rolleyes::confused: I hate pills. I hate forced behavioral norms. I'm too old for that buck the establishment shit. I have other things to do of great importance...like sucking dick and getting bulbs in the ground before the ground gets too hard.:cool:

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
like ...some girls cut their hips with a razor blade...isntead of cutting their wrists for attention...usually if they cut their hips or legs or somewhere not always showing that means theres alot bigger problem than attention seeking

Cutting like that means that the person feels that they have no control over where their life is heading, that they can't choose, so they inflict pain on themselves because they feel that it is the only thing they have a choice about. That's not really crazy, that's more a sign of them being in a bad place at that time.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is self harming so prevalent now, when I was a teenager no one would think of doing it and I hadn't even heard of it, you can say well when you were a teenager life wasn't so pressured, that's actually bullshit, the 70's were as much a time of change as any in history and while I feel that a lot of parents now aren't making a great job of it teenagers now have avenues of support we never did.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mentions her meds - self explanatory
sings karaoke - usually means she thinks she is much hotter, and talented, than she really is.

eh, i'm a lot saner than a good portion of people i meet who really need to be medicated, or are truly fucked up in a way that can't be medicated.

I'm crazy and proud of it. I don't hang out with people who aren't a bit nuts. Normal perspectives bore me. Give me paranoia. Give me mania. Seriously though, it can get a bit much. Like when the craziness outweighs everything else. If you need a daily fistful of pills to exist, then I can't deal. I like people who can go outside without taking a fistful of thorazines. Honestly, I would prefer to see someone in their natural "crazy" state, then drugged up. Drugs are fine, just not drugs that are taken constantly to regulate brain chemicals. I hate pills. I hate forced behavioral norms.

Pills make me able to function. Most people that take psychiatric medication aren't taking it to be "normal" but instead to relieve suffering. You don't really learn much from the kind of suffering the truly mentally ill go through.

People in general are really ignorant of what mental illness is what people with mental illness are like. It makes me sad.

A friend of mine once said, "Some people are just fucking crazy. Mental illness has nothing to do with it."

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why is self harming so prevalent now, when I was a teenager no one would think of doing it and I hadn't even heard of it, you can say well when you were a teenager life wasn't so pressured, that's actually bullshit, the 70's were as much a time of change as any in history and while I feel that a lot of parents now aren't making a great job of it teenagers now have avenues of support we never did.

I'm not sure this is the right thread to say this on, but I think young peeps feel very alienated from each other and from mainstream culture, especially girls. I've met quite a few girls who cut or starve themselves. The guys go emo or druggie. I'm not saying they should or whatever but they have the feelings anyway. It's pretty sad to me. :confused:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't young people always felt alienated, I can remember being a teenager and thinking no one understood me, no one had every felt like I had, life was confusing and all the time I was suffering from what was basically angst and a healthy dose of drama I had loving parents and lots of friends who felt exactly as I did. We actually did fit in with our peer groups but there was an irresistable temptation to feel that we were somehow different and we were suffering from something, anything. Are teenagers now really any different? They seem to spend a lot of time on the net, that's not so dissimilar to spending hours in your bedroom with a gf or alone moping to bye bye baby as we used to do :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cutting like that means that the person feels that they have no control over where their life is heading, that they can't choose, so they inflict pain on themselves because they feel that it is the only thing they have a choice about. That's not really crazy, that's more a sign of them being in a bad place at that time.
No, cutting is crazy! Cutting is also a physical means of releasing emotional pain. It is often done by young women who have been abused either sexually, physically, or emotionally. Some young men do it too; but it is much more prevalent in females.

Most people that take psychiatric medication aren't taking it to be "normal" but instead to relieve suffering. YES! You don't really learn much from the kind of suffering the truly mentally ill go through. Amen, sister!

People in general are really ignorant of what mental illness is what people with mental illness are like. It makes me sad. It used to make me feel sad and insecure, now it makes me angry.

A friend of mine once said, "Some people are just fucking crazy. Mental illness has nothing to do with it."
I think I like your friend! :smile:

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I knew I was going to ruffle up some tail feathers with the way I answered that. Honestly, I just say things sometimes. On a deep level, I feel that way, but I understand that "crazy" can be something that is very poorly recieved in this culture. I know that Snoozan probably thinks I don't know what crazy is, and that some people just need pills. But I seriously contemplate the idea of natural freedom and the natural place in society for various people. I firmly believe that various types of crazy designations would have simply been the spiritual guides and rainmakers of say, native American culture. On the other hand, I do understand that certain abuse leads to certain other types of crazy. Like OCD and anxiety, which my overbearing parents seem to have induced in me. I don't want pills. I have seen the emotional shell of a man my brother is after 20 years on lithium.