The cut muscle shirt thread

I occasionally see someone at my gym with a deeply cut shirt and a normal sleeveless undershirt under it. Looks odd to me. Anyone else have an opinion of this?

yea i have seen that too don't like it. Not sure of the point of layers at the gym. Maybe they want you to see the areas that look good in a snug shirt (pecs) but the ones that don't (belly and waistline)?
I never wore 2 layers on top at the gym. just some sort of sleeveless shirt. Wish I could work out shirtless. Used to wear briefs under my gym shorts, but stopped wearing underwear to they gym over a year ago so now I am one layer on the bottom also.

Reactions: bigcalijock

I am beginning to notice that after several washings, my cut shirts are rolling inward and showing a little more than I intended.
Back is fine, but it is getting more difficult to keep my nipples covered when I am exercising.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Also, still have not worn the shirt that has the entire back reduced to a 2" strip because I have yet to see any true string backs at my new gym. Go for it and hope I am not asked to leave or wait and see if anyone else wears something like this?

Reactions: bigcalijock

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
870998-1538658970-abc6e20ac321703716c33d8cb91c3072.jpg

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
[
fit guys like these and just enough cut away is great to see in the gym and around, any more is too much, like a bit of tease not a full on show - might as well just be topless otherwise?

Yea a lot depends on what flatters the particular body, too. If you have a nice chest but padding around the obliques then you shouldn't wear a shirt cut to below your waistline. I have a few like that, but don't feel lean enough to wear them yet. I stick to the ones that are cut to mid-lat so you can see the pec line and get a peek of abs now and then.

Saw a guy at the gym earlier this week who had cut the back of his shirt down to a narrow strip of cloth. He had whatever minimum he had left around the bottom tucked into his shorts so all you could see of the shirt was the chest covering and the strip down the middle of the back. MIght give me enough nerve to wear my similarly reduced shirt sometime.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Yea a lot depends on what flatters the particular body, too. If you have a nice chest but padding around the obliques then you shouldn't wear a shirt cut to below your waistline. I have a few like that, but don't feel lean enough to wear them yet. I stick to the ones that are cut to mid-lat so you can see the pec line and get a peek of abs now and then.
Exactly the same here, @Jake1973 . I am looking forward to when I can reveal a great core before changing shirt styles.

Reactions: Jake1973

I took an old t-shirt, cut out the sides down to the waist, opened the neck, cut off the bottom hem and left enough in front to cover most of the chest, but only about a 3" strip in the back, Wore it to the gym twice with no complaints, so I took another old t shirt and did essentially the same, but only left a 1" strip on the bottom and sides. Will wear it next time and see what happens.

Reactions: Jake1973