The Daily News Urinal Conversation

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by cnw400, Nov 30, 2006.

1. cnw400

cnw400 New Member

In several of the larger airports, the daily news sheet is posted in front of the urinals so that travelers can get a peek at current headlines or the sports page while relieving themselves. Here's my question: what do you say to the guy standing next to you who decides to go on a rant about something he's read? What do you do if this guy asks your opinion about the latest NFL standings (Go Green Bay!!:wink: ), but worst of all, starts really getting riled about what he reads? I can take opinionated people - I am one myself and tend to get a little (?) sarcastic from time to time about whatever trips my passion at the moment. Dealing with this personality type can be an issue; I tend to be outgoing and like to meet people, but find it a little awkward to think that I made a friend at an airport urinal. What have any of you said in reply to this type of person?:confused:

2. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

"Wow, two unspoken rules of society broken at once - first, you're talking to me and I have no idea who the hell you are, which is only socially acceptable after being stuck next to one another for atleast 10 minutes, or if any form of public transport we are on acts strangely. Secondly, you're talking to me in a toilet, which is a strict taboo for men."

3. Young'NHung

Young'NHung New Member

"If you have to use that mouth, come over here and put it to good use"

- would that have worked?:cool:

4. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not too long ago didnt you leave a "I'm leaving forever post"?

You're a liar.

5. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Many public restrooms have pages from newspapers and other publications displayed above the urinals. I have found that they indeed can be conversation starters between guys standing next to or near one another. I am not as inclined as some others to initiate conversations, but when other guys do, I do not find it annoying or inappropriate. Unless someone was acting truly crazy, I don't think twice about exchanging a few remarks with another guy while standing at the urinal. What's the big deal? At the risk of sounding sappy, I think the world is usually a nicer place when people make an effort to be a little more outgoing with strangers than strictly called for by the situation

However, if one is truly disinterested in reciprocating, for any reason, I have found the that the best thing to do is simply to be unresponsive or to pretend to be oblivious.

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It doesn't take long to pee. Are you supposed to stand there in front of the urinal after your business is complete so that you can finish the article you're reading?

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    "A urinal is no place to get pissed off"

Draft saved Draft deleted