The Dance Dance Revolution Thread

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey all. Since quite a few of us are DDR players or fans, I thought I'd make a separate thread.

Don't have too much to report at this time. Trying to play through Light Mode and I'm doing okay. Some songs are killers -- ahem, "Afronova" -- and, for some strange reason, when I listen to music on the radio, I think. Up. Up. Right. Down. Right-right-right. Or what not.

Oh, and I'm kinda pissed that I bought two cheap Gamestop pads. Not that I had the money to throw down on a more substantial game pad, but I regret having to spend $40 to learn that lesson, you know. I reviewed the Gamestop pads on Epinions.com; here is my review.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, DDR can get pretty addictive. Most of these party games (DDR, Karaoke Revolution, etc.) are. I'm actually seeing arrows in my head after "Healing Vision".

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I started playing this past semester, and I can attempt some 5 and 6 footers, and am rather adept at 4 footers now.

I got the Ultramix and a pad for Christmas (I started playing with it back at Thanksgiving though) for my Xbox, and the workout mode is great :)

My favorite songs: Butterfly, Freckles, Midnight Special, Cartoon Heroes, Heaven is a &#39;57, Across the Nightmare, Vol 4, Love <3 Shine

vega

1st Like
Media
Almost all light/basic (depending on the mix) a lot of standard/trick and one or two heavy/maniac. My favorite songs are Afronova, Afronova: primevil, healing vision angelic mix, Dai Ken KAi, Captain Jack, And of course the first song I ever perfect comboed Kick the can.

All of my favorites on light. No I am not a practicer. I play from the start of the list and go through until I complete it. I hate people taht only play one or two songs really well because the play them constantly.

I have a buddy that I think is a robot. He can almost perfect combo Max300 on heavy. Scares the crap out of me.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I&#39;m struggling with Maxx Unlimited on Light Mode now. It makes "Afronova" look like cake -- and now that I practiced it is, it kinda is because at least the BPM are steady. Even though I can escape MU with a couple or three boos (that whole five-combo double jump thing, can&#39;t scoot feet fast enough), it still grades me a B. Grrrrr.

/hoping that the new game pads I bought will arrive soon and make the job easier

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
F*&^(?G Paranoia&#33;&#33;&#33; Grrrrr ... I STILL can&#39;t pass it on light with more than a C ... can&#39;t pass Afronova or MU either on light ... evrything else is AA across the board though :D.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
DDR is fun&#33; hehe i played it for the first time at a new yaers eve party this year and caught on quick...I went and bought Extreme and it IS addicting. I can do most light songs and some standards, but thats about it. I can already walk for longer periods of time. Its a real fun game, so no one should condemn it until they try it&#33; (and thats coming from a n00b to the game...but it is still awsome.) As for my Favorite songs...Maximizer on light and .59 on standard.

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
I&#39;ve been doing Xenon and End of the Century alot. Breakdown and Trip Machine are faves too.

I actually use it for exercise, bookended by calf raises and hindu squats. It&#39;s basically a collection of high voltage light songs in endless mode (one of the 20 song orders ... VERY good workout, my cardio is really getting better).

I have an insane friend who&#39;s been doing Breakdown on heavy alot ... it&#39;s quite the spectacle, Tsugaru on heavy as well.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
DDR is a quick way to get your thighs in shape. The NES actually had an aerobics game too, so DDR&#39;s nothing new in that sense. (Try finding a working Power Pad, though.)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Jan 20 2005, 05:28 PM
Um... looks like mass hysteria/hypnosis or something...

DDR practice?
[post=276046]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a DDR setup at home and I wish I had pads that could support me wearing shoes. (You can tear &#39;em up if you&#39;re not careful unless you got the arcade big ol&#39; stand with the bar and all that stuff.) But... haha, truth told, I listen to music and I have a hardwood floor and I dance out steps to some of the regular music I listen to.

Admiral Johnson: DDR rules simple as that. though I don&#39;t think you don&#39;t already know that. I just say that verytime I first post on a topic about it as a show of respect. I use to enter tournaments and stuff when I was younger. I can&#39;t do it anymore bacause the arcade I went to got shut down by this MAVG organazation or something.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
My sisters bratty 2 year old played frisbee with my DDR disk while i was at school the other day...oh well i guess i just have to get a new one lol *flushes money down the toilet*

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Whoot&#33; I can do a bunch of songs on heavy now ^_^ I know it&#39;s double posting, but I&#39;m glad Anyway&#33; I have a AA* on heavy on "your rain" and an A on "higher" challenge mode :p I used to think DDR was ridiculous, but then when I tried it I was hooked&#33;