The Dance Dance Revolution Thread

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Dec 28, 2004.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hey all. Since quite a few of us are DDR players or fans, I thought I'd make a separate thread.

Don't have too much to report at this time. Trying to play through Light Mode and I'm doing okay. Some songs are killers -- ahem, "Afronova" -- and, for some strange reason, when I listen to music on the radio, I think. Up. Up. Right. Down. Right-right-right. Or what not.

Oh, and I'm kinda pissed that I bought two cheap Gamestop pads. Not that I had the money to throw down on a more substantial game pad, but I regret having to spend $40 to learn that lesson, you know. I reviewed the Gamestop pads on Epinions.com; here is my review.

2. D_Martin van Burden

Live365 features an online radio station featuring Dance Dance Revolution tracks. Click here to check it out.

3. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    I've been DDR'ing for going on 3 years now, at least i have nice legs now :)

4. D_Martin van Burden

I know it, man. I feel like I've got some pretty awesome calves now. Thanks, "Afronova."

5. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, DDR can get pretty addictive. Most of these party games (DDR, Karaoke Revolution, etc.) are. I'm actually seeing arrows in my head after "Healing Vision".

6. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
    I started playing this past semester, and I can attempt some 5 and 6 footers, and am rather adept at 4 footers now.

I got the Ultramix and a pad for Christmas (I started playing with it back at Thanksgiving though) for my Xbox, and the workout mode is great :)

My favorite songs: Butterfly, Freckles, Midnight Special, Cartoon Heroes, Heaven is a &#39;57, Across the Nightmare, Vol 4, Love <3 Shine

7. vega

vega Member

Almost all light/basic (depending on the mix) a lot of standard/trick and one or two heavy/maniac. My favorite songs are Afronova, Afronova: primevil, healing vision angelic mix, Dai Ken KAi, Captain Jack, And of course the first song I ever perfect comboed Kick the can.

All of my favorites on light. No I am not a practicer. I play from the start of the list and go through until I complete it. I hate people taht only play one or two songs really well because the play them constantly.

I have a buddy that I think is a robot. He can almost perfect combo Max300 on heavy. Scares the crap out of me.

8. D_Martin van Burden

I&#39;m struggling with Maxx Unlimited on Light Mode now. It makes "Afronova" look like cake -- and now that I practiced it is, it kinda is because at least the BPM are steady. Even though I can escape MU with a couple or three boos (that whole five-combo double jump thing, can&#39;t scoot feet fast enough), it still grades me a B. Grrrrr.

/hoping that the new game pads I bought will arrive soon and make the job easier

9. D_Martin van Burden

Never mind. Finally got my A on the song tonight. About damn time. Now on Standard mode. It&#39;s fun.

/*whistles at his currently diamond-shaped calves*

10. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    F*&^(?G Paranoia&#33;&#33;&#33; Grrrrr ... I STILL can&#39;t pass it on light with more than a C ... can&#39;t pass Afronova or MU either on light ... evrything else is AA across the board though :D.

11. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

DDR is fun&#33; hehe i played it for the first time at a new yaers eve party this year and caught on quick...I went and bought Extreme and it IS addicting. I can do most light songs and some standards, but thats about it. I can already walk for longer periods of time. Its a real fun game, so no one should condemn it until they try it&#33; (and thats coming from a n00b to the game...but it is still awsome.) As for my Favorite songs...Maximizer on light and .59 on standard.

12. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I&#39;ve been doing Xenon and End of the Century alot. Breakdown and Trip Machine are faves too.

I actually use it for exercise, bookended by calf raises and hindu squats. It&#39;s basically a collection of high voltage light songs in endless mode (one of the 20 song orders ... VERY good workout, my cardio is really getting better).

I have an insane friend who&#39;s been doing Breakdown on heavy alot ... it&#39;s quite the spectacle, Tsugaru on heavy as well.

13. jonb

Gold Member

DDR is a quick way to get your thighs in shape. The NES actually had an aerobics game too, so DDR&#39;s nothing new in that sense. (Try finding a working Power Pad, though.)

14. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Um... looks like mass hysteria/hypnosis or something...

DDR practice?

15. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

I think I actually have a working power pad X&#39;D and i think we have the game somewhere too my sisters always played it thats how i remember.

16. D_Martin van Burden

I have a DDR setup at home and I wish I had pads that could support me wearing shoes. (You can tear &#39;em up if you&#39;re not careful unless you got the arcade big ol&#39; stand with the bar and all that stuff.) But... haha, truth told, I listen to music and I have a hardwood floor and I dance out steps to some of the regular music I listen to.

17. D_Martin van Burden

My pads are being screwy, so I decided to plug in my analog-friendly controller and have at it. Funny... the Challenge songs seem so much more manageable this way. Kinda like my new conditioner.

18. Imported

Gold Member

Admiral Johnson: DDR rules simple as that. though I don&#39;t think you don&#39;t already know that. I just say that verytime I first post on a topic about it as a show of respect. I use to enter tournaments and stuff when I was younger. I can&#39;t do it anymore bacause the arcade I went to got shut down by this MAVG organazation or something.

19. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

My sisters bratty 2 year old played frisbee with my DDR disk while i was at school the other day...oh well i guess i just have to get a new one lol *flushes money down the toilet*

20. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Whoot&#33; I can do a bunch of songs on heavy now ^_^ I know it&#39;s double posting, but I&#39;m glad Anyway&#33; I have a AA* on heavy on "your rain" and an A on "higher" challenge mode :p I used to think DDR was ridiculous, but then when I tried it I was hooked&#33;

Draft saved Draft deleted