Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well on the surface this looks like any number of movies that I would never pay to see in a theatre yet see it later on a plane and enjoy it enough to rent and watch again. I'll let you know in 6 months.

seeksthequestion

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't agree that Bane is one of the most complex characters in comics but I did enjoy the comics in which he appeared and I think with Christopher Nolan behind the helm for this last part of his Batman trilogy we will end up with a very gratifying film.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I'm deeply hopeful that the third film takes at least some of its cues from Knightfall as not only did that propel Bane into the upper echelons of comic book villainy (Before that he wasn't wall that complex in my opinion. His motivations were too obvious and the source of his eventual defeat always made too strong a presence in the first act.)

After the wildly successful Batman Begins and Dark Knight I've no doubt Nolan will take this to the level. He's done the nearly impossible by out doing film number one with film number two and if ever I had faith anyone could pull that same trick again and actually complete a trilogy of movies, with one just getting better than the next?- it'd be in Nolan.

I am so very much looking forward to TDKR. I, in fact, was equally as excited about its teaser trailer as I was to bring my childhood to an end when I went to see Hairy Potter.

JSZ

pomaz59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally, I think Bane is the most complex and interesting villains in any comic book franchise, and I'm surprised he hasn't been used before in his true form. I'm excited to see him implemented into Nolan's dark franchise!

i'm right there with you! and i'm sure Nolan will direct the shit out of this character, and also that tom hardy will be a perfect Bane!!

very excited about this!

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'll hafta wait and see.

I have loved Batman since I was born like most fans and for some reason everyone seems to be happier with Batman begins than I was...

I personally think they ruined my favourite villain, the scarecrow. He wasn't nearly as scary or villainous as he was in the comics or cartoons... Any of them.

Liam Neeson was good, but I thought those segments of the film that involved him were the most boring...

Which is weird, I love Christian Bale and all of the actors from the film (I even liked the actor that played scarecrow, whose name has slipped my mind.)

But after watching Batman Begins I just had this rot in my gut, the thought "Great, there goes more fond childhood memories."

When I saw Dark Knight I was blown away though, a real turn around for Nolan's pictures for me. So all I can do is wait.

I have high hopes, but Nolan has let me down before.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I couldn't sit through the first one, it felt like an hour into the movie they are still in Asia learning martial arts, the second one was very good, this one looks like a return to snooze town with the preview I saw.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I couldn't sit through the first one, it felt like an hour into the movie they are still in Asia learning martial arts, the second one was very good, this one looks like a return to snooze town with the preview I saw.

You saw like... a 45 second preview during which Commissioner Gordon has somehow been hospitalized and Batman himself is backing away with a frightened expression from a hulking Bane.

How, exactly, did you extrapolate a "return to snooze town" from that based on where the last movie ended and this one apparently picks up? If I seem a little irritated by this it's only because since the Dark Knight I've sat through one terrible super hero movie after another. Thor, Green Lantern, the Fantastic Four movies and so and so forth. These terrible executions are little more than fan service with bright, flashy fight sequences and plot lines as subtle as the Space shuttle taking off and yet... people love them and they do well at the box office.

Rather than a thoughtful execution of a plot that doesn't pander to the absolute lowest common denominator, people would rather avoid "snooze town" with loud campy explosions and one dimensional characters. It seriously blows my mind.

JSZ

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very excited about this movie. Loved the second one. Thought the first one was really cool, albeit super cheesy at times. I got nothing really more to add except to go off topic and say did anyone else think the new Spiderman movie looks terrible?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Very excited about this movie. Loved the second one. Thought the first one was really cool, albeit super cheesy at times. I got nothing really more to add except to go off topic and say did anyone else think the new Spiderman movie looks terrible?

You can go ahead and put me in that basket.

I'll change my tune when it comes out IF it's good, I have no problems admitting I'm wrong. And since this is Spider Man(One of my top 3 supreheroes) I really hope I like this movie, it just doesn't look like I will.