The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_gollafoble, Jul 18, 2008.

1. D_gollafoble

D_gollafoble New Member

ok I just saw the dark knight, who else saw it and what did you think?

2. D_Portelay Porquesword

I have not seen it yet? I am anxious to hear what others have to say about it.

3. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I saw it on wed it was wicked wasnt it. watch me make this pencil disappear.

4. Wanttogrowbigger

Wanttogrowbigger New Member

Here the release is 25, cant wait. Also the new star wars movie, clone wars. Is released next month.

5. bbristow

bbristow New Member

Albums:
    the release is next week for us as well. i hope it lives up to all the hype.

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I hope it's good.

I could not get thru the first one. After about a half hour of him taking Karate lessons I got bored and turned it off.

7. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I saw it last night...was very disappointed...I'm sorry but Bale sucks as Batman...his Bruce Wayne is OK, but his Batman is a joke...that raspy whisper voice he uses is just painful...who told him that was a good idea?every line he said as Batman just grated on my nerves...

apart from that, the story was interesting...Ledger was good...I think they could have done a little more with Two-Face also...

with all that said, I will never see another Batman film with Bale as the lead...:mad:

macfan: what did u think of it?

#7 killerb, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    im am so catching this movie

9. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I for the life of me don't understand the big deal. Its a bat man movie and they never were all that great. The Joker has been done to death. And why it was so important to have Ledger as the Joker you can't even see that its him. They could have used anyone in that role, And for it he went off the deep end and now he is dead. My friend wants me to go with her to see it (ledger fan) and I refused, she thinks now I don't want to go with her. I am interested to see him in The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus. Just to see how they play Johnny Depp and the others who finished out his role when they rewrote it with him changing physical shape in the different alternate worlds.

Not paying 9 plus dollars to see this film, however I do believe it will break box office figures because of Ledgers death.

#9 Deno, Jul 18, 2008
  10. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    That raspy voice... Where have I heard it before? Bale is channeling Clint.

Dirty Harry

#10 rawbone8, Jul 18, 2008
  11. invisibleman

Gold Member

Christian Bale is pretty good as BATMAN in BATMAN RETURNS. I am happy with him. I am happy that it isn't a Tim Burton BATMAN movie venture.

I am looking forward to seeing that movie though. I just saw GET SMART. I liked that movie...(and you will never believe who plays HYMIE, Maxwell Smart's android humanoid fellow CONTROL agent in GET SMART. Hehehe. You hairy chest lover fans would die.:wink: I am not saying who it is either.)

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

well i don't think hollywood has found the right actor to play batman. christian bale is alright. I didn't like batman returns to be honest. But i am curious about seeing the sequel.

13. eddie63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I went to the midnight showing last night, it was worth the wait. I really enjoyed it. I'm going back tomorrow night to see it again! Heath Ledger as the Joker was great. I agree with Killerb, they could have done more with Two Face. Batman's raspy voice was kind of hot & enjoyable. Can't wait until the next one!

14. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because Batman is to badass for a mere person in teh real world. The only way that role can be done justice is if we create the technology to bring comic book characters to life so the REAL Bruce Wayne can play him. But I thought Val Kilmer was a pretty good Batman.

15. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Reports are that it as allready hit a record beating out star wars ep III which took in 16.5 million on the midnight run. Dark Night brought in 18.5 million dollars on just the midnight release.

16. 8.5x6

8.5x6 New Member

Great. Now that all the reviews are starting to come out of the woodwork, I'm getting more and more agitated at not being able to see it yet... :eek:

17. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

I don't like comic book movies as a whole. The plots are childish and the good guy always wins. That said, if Ledger had never died he would still get an oscar for this and the movie may even be nominated. It is played like it is The Departed and the fact that it is a bat vs. a clown is secendary. Evil is not vanquished in this. Kids die, women die, important people die and complex ideas about the way in which society deals with its worst elements dominate throughout. I will see it again shortly.

18. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

shorter post: if you don't like this movie you are either lame or stupid.

19. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

in this movie bale plays bruce wayne better than he has ever been presented before. when the bat suit is on? eh.

20. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

this, I agree with...Bale's Bruce Wayne is good...his Batman, not so much...

Draft saved Draft deleted