The death of JockStraps?

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know of at least two places in the US where "STRAPS" are still very popular. One is the racketball club where I play here in Chicago and the other is in one of the private racketball clubs in NYC. Last year I was invited to play a game while visiting my cousin who is a member of a club in the Wall Street area and when we went to the locker room the attendant gave us a complete uniform INCLUDING A "STRAP". It was kewl to see so many 'strapped dudes' in the LR.

I'm a serious 'STRAP HOUND' and have worn a 'SWIMMER STRAP' as my undies since I was in college like eight years ago. STRAPS ROCK BIG TIME:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:!!

RICKY_27

Attachments

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the look and feel of a great fitting jock strap. It is true I do feel very masculine wearing one and walk proudly around the locker room (or bedroom) in my jock. I prefer the leg straps to the thong back or full back. After sports, when I take my jock off at my locker, it looks so dirty and smells of pure balls. Smells up my whole gym bag.
Jake
PS They were invented in England for delivery boys on "bikes" if memory serves.

Reactions: shcbuddy

NortheastNiner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a college basketball player I will say this much....

Jock straps have become a thing of the past. I wear compression shorts, as well as 90% of my team. With compression shorts the protection is nearly equal and the comfort is much better in my opinion. However I can not decipher why there is a negative stigma towards jockstraps. Also I can't play when I am uncomfortable, so I say let the kid be comfortable it's really the best thing.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to say the idea of wearing a jockstrap intrigued me. haven't worn one in several years, since college. So I went the other day bought, finding proper fir is crucial, and gotta say I love it. I usually go comando 24.7 and I love that. It may be the memories that come back to me when I wear it. Love how it frames my butt, holds the guys nice and snug, love the straps on my butt cheeks. So I've been wearing around the house with just a t-shirt and wouldn't you know the bf likes the look.
Will I continue to wear them? Will I develop a fetish for wearing them? Really don't think so; but for a change of pace, sure.

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So what is the big deal! I had to start wearing a jock in the 8th grade. Of course it was a new thing for me, and I didn't think I'd like it or want too, but I did. And, it wasn't that bad after all, so what. I just don't know what boys are so afraid of? Jocks aren't bad looking... if anyone is looking and they feel a whole lot better than compression shorts for sure! With a jockstrap on, any kid or guy, I think, feels a whole lot more free to play the game... what ever that is. There is nothing like not having to worry about your stuff, your "junk" getting in a painful bind and having to stop and fix it. Of course if a cup is needed, well they can be a bit uncomfortable to a point, but not as much as getting your balls smashed.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When i went into the 7th grade, jocks were mandatory. Jocks was also a rite of passage into manhood. Everyone thought it was cool to wear jocks. Cups was used for some sports. Cups was a necessity to keep from getting your balls smashed. Maybe the compression shorts are better now and if so, that's great. So it shouldn't be a big deal to change to those. As far as not wanting the ass crack to show: That's just another homophobic part of this younger generation that is coming up. As far as not wanting to display what they are packing: that is part of the insecurities of being as big as the other guys and afraid to show. I am afraid this new generation of youngsters are going to grow into very weird men with very weird ideas about manhood.

andii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would of made him strip infront of me and tried it on.
justkiddingg.

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took the kid to the gym and we went for a swim. I put my jock strap on as I got my swimtrunks out. He watched me put it on and talk to other men. He then put his on and we swam. He walked around a bit after in just the jockstrap. I think he was nervous at first and then "felt like a man" after a while.
Jake

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
My first jock was for rec basketball. My older bro was one of the high school guys coaching. He told me I needed to wear one and my dad took me and bought my brother and me new ones. It was a Bauer Black we bought at the drug store. I was in 5th grade and it turns out the only guy wearing a strap. I got kidded from the other guys but I just shrugged it off. My elementary school principal had a basketball practice class for 5th and 6th graders. Jocks were not required but reccommended. It was also the first time I showered at school. The guys restroom had two shower stalls and about half of the guys showered after we practiced.

In 7th grade we had a PE uniform. Red cotton canvas shorts with a built in jock and a white t-shirt. They were required for class. I guess we never had jock checks because they were in the shorts. They were really comfortable and I wish I could still find them. They were Yale supportershorts. I was one of about 4 7th graders that showered after gym. The older guys seemed impressed that we were comfortable enough to shower.

High school jocks were not required but the shower was. If you didn't shower you didn't pass. Our coach didn't stay in the locker room and watch so I don't know how he knew if we showered or not. All of us did.

I still wear a jock every now and then but mostly sport briefs and boxer briefs which is what most guys I know wear. The majority though just wear their boxers. My personal trainer always wore boxers even though he told me wearing a jock was a good idea. I tried working out in boxers when I was working with him and I got used to it but it just didn't feel right. I guess I fell to peer pressure since he would sometimes shower after we worked out. He never said anything about when I stopped wearing the jock or when I went back to it. He just said he never wore one and didn't think he had enough junk to need the support.

Reactions: zmv

PowayWolfman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
damn man.. I could have used a man like you living next-door to me as a kid. I was so "left to the wolves" as it were.. Any time i tried to ask a question i was pawned off to some other adult, and most the time i would never get my question answered.

You just totally earned my undying respect for what you did for your neibors kid!

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks man.
I saw the kid and remembered what it was like to be 13-14 and how uncomfortable and new everything was. I just thought I would be a "model" of how to wear one and how to act in a locker room. His mom said
he really felt relaxed and comfortable with me and I was just happy to help.
Jake

jcxrm

Experimental Member
Media
In the UK, as far as I can see, the only place you can buy a jockstrap is in a gay shop now.
The used to be widely worn by rugby players, especially rugby league, but in the past few years you never see them showing under shorts legs on tv. As many have remarked, modern briefs with elastane probably give better support than a jockstrap, certainly better than the old faithful litesome.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As you may have read from me...my step-dad forced me to always wear a jockey-strap begainning at the age of 13. I wasn't allowed to pull it off until bedtime or a shower. And he would check me if he noticed any kind of penis imprint through any of my pants; he never allowed me to wear shorts. I got use to it...little choice.
Anyway, later in my life, a doctor advised me that one of the reasons my erections hang downwardly is because of wearing a jockey-strap for such a long duration of time during puberty and growth stages.
It also caused a major difference in the production of a lower sprem count.
He suggested I wear boxers more often which I now do...sprem count improved. Free At Last! Free At Last!
Of course, that was back in the day, before the high-tech underwear industry.
Speedos work good for me now...not real tight, but enough to prevent my stuff from bouncing up and down on my leg. And they are fairly easy to sit down in too if the material gives.
I had never heard the term "compression shorts". Damn... they're expensive!
The only way I could afford them is to buy them is used... smile...just kidding about the used part. What ever works!:smile:

Whopper-lee
LPSG

SammyQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I dont think jockstraps are dead....I mean i never thought they were that popular but whenever i was on the football team last year three or four guys wore them...

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think the number of guys wear jock straps is decreasing but certainly not dead. I still like to wear a jock sometimes and have several. I really like the new "bike" jocks and also have several of the "Safetgard" jocks in different colors. I still prefer to go commando but a jock can be fun for a change.

muscleboy9

Experimental Member
Media
I think the number of guys wear jock straps is decreasing but certainly not dead.
If you watch NFL games on TV, you can still see straps under the pants of some players. However, the number of players wearing jocks seems to be less than a few years ago.

juice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear one with a garter belt instead of the new compressions shorts/velcro combo.

A lot of kids (young kids, 16 and under) or the kids playing rec hockey do the new combo.

The jockstrap gives me more freedom to skate without having the shorts bunch.

I did pick up the new Shock Doctor Flex cup. It has a bit more give when I get a shot in the balls.

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A student mentoned to me why he never wears jock staps. He said a lot of boys fear that the staps won't stay under their ass cheeks because they dont have enough muscle in their ass yet. He said it would be embarrassing to not be able to wear it correctly or have to adjust it constantly. I never thought of that since I always had a bit of a bubble butt all my life. But I can see how that could be a worry for a teen. I suggested a full back jock or compression shorts for practice. Students bought both and a few got the jock stap anyway.
I just wish boys were not so self conscious about their bodies. I was a bit self conscious in my teens (more about fear of the unexpected boner). Some of these boys hate their flesh being shown and just want to mask their muscles and butts. I just want them to feel free in the locker room.
Jake

Reactions: zmv and jockbros