The death of JockStraps?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I hope guys can some day be guys again. I think it's the bashing of men that has made us so self-concious. I like wearing a jock. I like the support, the way the straps fit under my butt. I find them comfortable and comforting. I don't have to be worried that my stuff is going to be injured. I had a painful injury to my penis and it will flare if I am not wearing support.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Jock straps are kewl and fun and great to wear these days just check out the styles at this link!
JockstrapCentral - product page - Zakk Microfibre net Jockstrap

Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

HOLA JOSE!

Sure glad to see other younger dudes who like STRAPS. I been a STRAP HOUND since I was in college like 9 years ago. Since then I have worn a SWIMMER STRAP as my undies.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

"STRAPS" are alive and well at the RB club where I play here in Chicagoland. Hope lots more dudes discover the GREAT PLEASURE of being 'STRAPPED'!!!

RICKY_27

PS--Thanks for the link to JOCKSTRAP CENTRAL. They have a great STRAP selection!

BCH

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One of my best memories is a freshman in high school and hot guy, perfect ripped body, blond and tan standing in front of me and asking me a question in his white jock. I didn't know I was gay at the time but it's one of my DUH moments. This guy was hot and if
i'd known then..I'd f him hard lol

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've worn a jock since high school when i need something other than commando or boxers. best in my opinion are Duke Team or Pro versions...nice big full roomy stretch pouch and the ass straps are a full 1" wide so they stay put..and look better I think. you can tell when an NFL guy is wearing one..the strap lines are that much wider

scorpio1444

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never understood the need for a specially designed thing to hold your balls...wouldn't tight underwearwear do the trick? Why would your ass have to hang out to support your balls? lol

It does sound like hs kids these days are going for something more sophisticated and have the "jocks are for old guys" attitude.

I think that the big names in sports should come out with new jockstraps that are somehow jazzier than the vintage version and they'd make a fortune. Adidas, Nike, et. al. have big name recognition in other equipment...if they launched some new line of jocks that looked different and touted them as "new sports technology" somehow I think they could make a killing. The only newly designed jocks I've heard of or seen are all in Men's Undergear type places that are more for gay sex appeal than sports.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Check out my gallery.

Little League Base ball players, especially Catchers appreciate them.

I also know that I encouraged Soccer Goalies to wear a "Cup" for their own safety and protection from fast balls.

agentblueuk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A question for the British men here...... have jock straps ever really been used here?

I only ask because there's alot said about them on this site, yet have never EVER known anyone who owned one lol

I have never heard of anyone in the uk using one or ever seen one on sale

from the discription of the cup i wonder if they are kinda designed to act like a cricket box

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here is a link to a Cricket Box "Abdo Pro"

owzat-cricket.co.uk Abdo Guard ( Cricket Box)

Here is a link to a Jock Strap with Cup

Bike Performance Elite Hard Cup Jockstrap at International Jock Underwear & Swimwear

Therefore I would say yes. A Jock Strap Cup and a Cricket Box can be very similiar. Both are constructed to protect your love muscle and the associated testicles. Good Question. Now everyone knows the answer.

I have read some material that indicates that males who suffer pain to their testicles in youth sports without wearing proper protection sometimes have difficulty in the future reproduction of the species.

Not a situation that I have to be concerned about now, but I am grateful that we all had to wear a jock strap in School gym classes years ago.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Being a little older I can remember a time when you was expected to wear a jock strap. If you didn't everyone would have thought that you was weird. We didn't worry about showing our ass because we didn't think everyone else was queer. Real men wore jock straps. I never remember putting one on and asking the other guys: Does this make my cock look fat ? Seriously the younger generation has a lot of hang ups. Head shrinks are gonna make a killing when these guys grow up. The jock was used for protection. Simple as that.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Whos baiting who here?I love the jock strap,but its time is over,dead and gone.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes it is. It's time is up. My question would be why ? Is protection not necessary anymore or does everyone consider tight underwear protection ? Or is protection even considered necessary in the gym. I wouldn't play football without a jock and cup.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Check out my gallery.

I also know that I encouraged Soccer Goalies to wear a "Cup" for their own safety and protection from fast balls.

My son played catcher through little league and then up to ninth grade. From the beginning I insisted, as did his coach, that he wear a jock and cup. There was another catcher on a team his played quite often who never wore his cup. On more that one occasion they had to stop the game because that boy had gotten a ball to the balls and was writhing in pain on the ground. Stupid!

My son took hits to his nads on more than one occasion, and we had to buy new cups because of it, but THAT is what you need the cups for.

Seems to me these things need to be approached practically and with logic, not just "I don't like it" from the boys' perspective. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the boy from the other team was later unable to father kids. You can't rack yourself over and over again without some consequences.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the're not dead..just hibernating. these things cycle in and out..just like boxer shorts. when i stopped wearing tighty whities in 7th grade, I was one of 3 guys in my class to wear boxers. they weren't cool cause dad wore them attitude prevailed. well now that most of those bikini brief wearing guys are dads, have you noticed that the next generation wears boxers almost 80 %...hell the're always hanging out the top of their pants. jock straps will be the same..and for another reason : the do provide better support when exercising, and protection with a cup. and btw...amazingly, most NFL players do not wear a cup...but a ton wear a jockstrap without it

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jake, as always, you are a good guy for helping this young boy. In my generation, jock straps were a sign of becoming a man. It was a rite of passage. I was a swimmer, but never could get into wearing them under Speedos, though many of my team mates did. But, as you said, it is a sport by sport decision. And I am finding it amazing that this younger generation has so many phobias and hangups about wearing them. I guess we were more secure about our masculinity and in being nude or in jocks with other men. I'm sure you will be a great male role model for this young man.

Its not really necessary to wear jocks under speedos these days, the speedos you wore were probably 100% nylon, todays speedos have lycra in them so ive never found any need to wear anything under them as they offer plenty of support.

Once there was an older guy who use to come to my school pool to swim and he'd always wear a speedo with a regular jockstrap underneath, which i have to say is a very very bad look seeing the 3 inch waistband and the leg straps totally out in the open.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are also jocks that do not have you entire ass exposed as well. I have seen jocks with back coverage as well.

yea I like the jocks with back coverage and the ones with the smaller waistbands for some situations like if i just want to wear one for everyday wear.

Or if im going running without a shirt on ill wear an open back jock with the small waist, helps keep me cooler but provides support upfront where its needed.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I remember one occassion when I was in Little League wear the coach asked a different guy to be catcher since the usual catcher was dehydrated, but he wasn't wearing a cup, so the coach had to ask the usual catcher to go take his jock and strap off so the new guy could wear it.

Lets just say the new guy always wore his own jock and cup after that, since I'm pretty sure that the coach forced him to.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Once there was an older guy who use to come to my school pool to swim and he'd always wear a speedo with a regular jockstrap underneath, which i have to say is a very very bad look seeing the 3 inch waistband and the leg straps totally out in the open.

ewwwww hahaha

I like the support of a jock. I have pouch briefs but they don't do quite the same job.