The death of JockStraps?

rugbydude88

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I play rugby, baseball, and hockey, no one goes w/o a cup. When I play basketball, I don't think anyone wears one. The "Death" of the jockstrap/cup isn't going to happen as long as guys have balls and play sports IMO. I see guys changinging into/out of them all the time, not for working out or court games, but when you've got a ball or puck flying toward your junk, you don't even SEE a hit many times before you are convinced it's pretty important.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When shcools in session I work out several times a week at my college gym. I always wear a jock when working out, but I have never seen another dude in the locker room in a jock. I've seen many of my school buds changing and even showered with a few of them, but I have not seen any of them wearing a jock.

Of course, as rugbydude pointed out I'm not in there when the baseball team is coming in or out of practice so maybe its a matter of timing.

I work out at the Y when schools out and I have seen one or two guys in jocks, but they were in thier early 40's I would say.

Anyway, I love wearing my jockstrap...and I love showin off in it too :rolleyes:

I like the look and feel of a great fitting jock strap. It is true I do feel very masculine wearing one and walk proudly around the locker room (or bedroom) in my jock. I prefer the leg straps to the thong back or full back. After sports, when I take my jock off at my locker, it looks so dirty and smells of pure balls. Smells up my whole gym bag.
Jake
PS They were invented in England for delivery boys on "bikes" if memory serves.

turns me on every time i read this hot

ChuckNLA

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love my collection of over 2 dozen jocks. I met a guy on line today and he came over and tried on a few of mine. He left with a few that I knew he'd love and I was only okay with them. He and I chatted and we both find them sexy and the way they frame our ass is the best.

cyclistlarge

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I tend to be more likely to wear one if I'm using a cup since i find it situates the cup better. The Underarmour aren't bad but I lean towards a jockstrap. I had to wear one for baseball as a kid (catcher needs a cup!) and when i ran track (great ventilation) so I've shed the modesty I had when first wearing one . it does feel goofy but it works well too.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I play rugby, baseball, and hockey, no one goes w/o a cup. When I play basketball, I don't think anyone wears one. The "Death" of the jockstrap/cup isn't going to happen as long as guys have balls and play sports IMO. I see guys changinging into/out of them all the time, not for working out or court games, but when you've got a ball or puck flying toward your junk, you don't even SEE a hit many times before you are convinced it's pretty important.

I think we need to differentiate between JOCKSTRAPS and CUP STRAPS. The former is all material, has a single layer of pouch, and is worn to keep your balls more or less contained but not protected from a direct hit. The latter, obviously, is to protect from a hard hit to the nads. "Jockstrap" doesn't really mean "cup strap," tho, of course, the design of a cup strap is the same as a jockstrap, just with a "pocket" to hold the cup.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I never understood the need for a specially designed thing to hold your balls...wouldn't tight underwearwear do the trick? Why would your ass have to hang out to support your balls? lol

It does sound like hs kids these days are going for something more sophisticated and have the "jocks are for old guys" attitude.

I think that the big names in sports should come out with new jockstraps that are somehow jazzier than the vintage version and they'd make a fortune. Adidas, Nike, et. al. have big name recognition in other equipment...if they launched some new line of jocks that looked different and touted them as "new sports technology" somehow I think they could make a killing. The only newly designed jocks I've heard of or seen are all in Men's Undergear type places that are more for gay sex appeal than sports.

EXACTLY! I've been saying for years a well-planned Public Relations campaign about jockstraps featuring a celebrity sports god would make all the difference.
Sports briefs do that same thing, yeah. In fact, I"m never sure whey jocks have an open ass, but I still prefer them, probably because they've been deeply embedded in my sexual psyche even since I got my first one at 11 at school.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that the big names in sports should come out with new jockstraps that are somehow jazzier than the vintage version and they'd make a fortune. Adidas, Nike, et. al. have big name recognition in other equipment...if they launched some new line of jocks that looked different and touted them as "new sports technology" somehow I think they could make a killing. The only newly designed jocks I've heard of or seen are all in Men's Undergear type places that are more for gay sex appeal than sports.

Hey Buddy,

BIKE must have read your post coz they have hired COLT McCOY of the BROWNS to be a spokesman for ALL their products. They plan an ad campaign in the Spring featuring COLT McCOY. I sure hope there will be PIX of COLT modeling BIKE STRAPS!!! UMMMMM:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

RICKY_27:wink::wink::wink:

jockbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Sports briefs do that same thing, yeah. In fact, I"m never sure whey jocks have an open ass, but I still prefer them, probably because they've been deeply embedded in my sexual psyche even since I got my first one at 11 at school.

Sports briefs will suport your junk but the material across the back also pulls them into your crack when you move around. I hate wedgies!! Give me a regular strap where everything stays put.

JaimeB

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i wouldn't dream of even just going to the gym to work out without wearing a jockstrap. apart from providing support, they let the skin breathe and sweat except where it absolutely needs to be covered...

D

deleted436524

Jock,Jock,Jock. Compression shorts do nothing for support.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I never understood the need for a specially designed thing to hold your balls...wouldn't tight underwearwear do the trick? Why would your ass have to hang out to support your balls? lol

It does sound like hs kids these days are going for something more sophisticated and have the "jocks are for old guys" attitude.

I have said the same thing many times! One good P.R. campaign with a famous athletes and we could turn jockstrap attitudes around in this country!

I lament to decline of jockstraps. Like many guys here, I grew up with them and they were a symbol of manhood. Compression shorts don't come close to the support that jocks ( esp BIKE) offer.

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my experience, there was a time, back in the 1970's, when a male, playing a sport, was expected to wear a jock strap. This was an article of clothing that came in two varieties, either a two and a half inch "waist" band with a "pouch' that encased your penis and testicles, that ended below with two straps that connected to the 'waist' band, and left your entire ass exposed, or a similar article of clothing that instead included a 'waist' band that was only an inch wide, and sat very low on your hips in bikini mode, with a similar pouch and straps.

In both instances, the pouch was very snug, and tended to hold your penis and testicles 'in place', with the elasticity of the pouch material, regardless of physical movement. This was referred to as 'support', unlike say boxer shorts, which allow your junk to hang according to gravity, and move around independently, inside your shorts or trousers.

A feature of the 'jockstrap', regardless of style was that there was a hard plastic 'cup' that could be inserted into a built-in sleeve or second layer of material, in the pouch, such that you could - if so desired - add a measure of 'protection' to the penis and testicles during those activities, such as baseball, soccer, hockey, whatever, where a ball or puck, or another article of the sport (a stick, a blade, a cricket ball, whatever) could possibly be taken by the wearer into the crotch, during regular play. It was believed that such an article of clothing, worn with the protective plastic cup, would therefore minimize the chance of injury to a very susceptible, and somewhat delicate part of the male anatomy, possibly leading to impotence or compromise of that male's ability to father a child.

SOMEWHERE along the minds or the general population, the protection aspect got lost, and the jock strap, in its many configurations, mutated in the minds of the persons who might wear one for protection reasons, became something else, either sexual, or related to our common definition of masculinity.

So ! what you have are several items ... an arguably very comfortable article of clothing, versus a 'price of protection you have to wear to protect yourself during dangerous sport', versus an strange sensation of a protective device which requires you to wear straps that leave your ass exposed, versus a ridiculous article of clothing that emphasizes your "man-bulge" or lack thereof.

My personal experience was that whether wide waistband or narrow, whether elastic pouch or other, whether cup in or cup out, I personally found that jockstraps for me, at least, never fit properly regardless of manufacturer, they were too tight around the abdomen, the straps cut into my asscheeks, and not one of them made a pouch (cup or no cup) that accommodated my penis and testicles in a comfortable, wearable fashion. The damn things just never fit, and I hated wearing them so much, I dropped phys-ed at the earliest opportunity during my highschool years, and have not play sports since.

D_Winthrop Woodcock

Account Disabled
Media
WOW! did'n know that thing was called a jockstrap! down here people called it just support or groin support... after the function.. and they seem to wear it on top of their innerwear to avoid problems they might face like jake said..

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Sports briefs will suport your junk but the material across the back also pulls them into your crack when you move around. I hate wedgies!! Give me a regular strap where everything stays put.

Yeah ,buddy! And as for the post about Colt McCoy being a spokesman... cause to celebrate. I doubt he'll actually promote jockstraps, tho' I know he wore them at UT ( see strappedjocks.blogspot.com), but wouldn't it be mind-blowing if he did?
If you are old enough to recall baseball pro Jim what's his name posing in Jockey Elance briefs, in an era when all guys wore tighty whities ( nuthin wrong with those!) , then you know ow one athlete can make a change. Here's hoping McCoy turns jockstrap attitudes around in the good ol' USA!

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
In my experience, there was a time, back in the 1970's, when a male, playing a sport, was expected to wear a jock strap. This was an article of clothing that came in two varieties, either a two and a half inch "waist" band with a "pouch' that encased your penis and testicles, that ended below with two straps that connected to the 'waist' band, and left your entire ass exposed, or a similar article of clothing that instead included a 'waist' band that was only an inch wide, and sat very low on your hips in bikini mode, with a similar pouch and straps.

In both instances, the pouch was very snug, and tended to hold your penis and testicles 'in place', with the elasticity of the pouch material, regardless of physical movement. This was referred to as 'support', unlike say boxer shorts, which allow your junk to hang according to gravity, and move around independently, inside your shorts or trousers.

A feature of the 'jockstrap', regardless of style was that there was a hard plastic 'cup' that could be inserted into a built-in sleeve or second layer of material, in the pouch, such that you could - if so desired - add a measure of 'protection' to the penis and testicles during those activities, such as baseball, soccer, hockey, whatever, where a ball or puck, or another article of the sport (a stick, a blade, a cricket ball, whatever) could possibly be taken by the wearer into the crotch, during regular play. It was believed that such an article of clothing, worn with the protective plastic cup, would therefore minimize the chance of injury to a very susceptible, and somewhat delicate part of the male anatomy, possibly leading to impotence or compromise of that male's ability to father a child.

SOMEWHERE along the minds or the general population, the protection aspect got lost, and the jock strap, in its many configurations, mutated in the minds of the persons who might wear one for protection reasons, became something else, either sexual, or related to our common definition of masculinity.

So ! what you have are several items ... an arguably very comfortable article of clothing, versus a 'price of protection you have to wear to protect yourself during dangerous sport', versus an strange sensation of a protective device which requires you to wear straps that leave your ass exposed, versus a ridiculous article of clothing that emphasizes your "man-bulge" or lack thereof.

My personal experience was that whether wide waistband or narrow, whether elastic pouch or other, whether cup in or cup out, I personally found that jockstraps for me, at least, never fit properly regardless of manufacturer, they were too tight around the abdomen, the straps cut into my asscheeks, and not one of them made a pouch (cup or no cup) that accommodated my penis and testicles in a comfortable, wearable fashion. The damn things just never fit, and I hated wearing them so much, I dropped phys-ed at the earliest opportunity during my highschool years, and have not play sports since.

Sorry to hear about your negative jockstrap experience. I always loved them. You are not quite right in your description, tho'. A jockstrap had only a single layer pouch to support your nuts.. A CUP strap had a "pocket" into which a cup could be inserted. I learned early not to wear just a cups strap, as the pouch material didn't wrap up your balls, but instead just pressed against them. I started wearing a regular Bike jock for pouching my balls and a cup strap to protect my nads.

fireball4mex

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was in college in the late '80s jockstraps were always issued for gym class. You were expected to wear it. At this time all guys were wearing briefs. I remember one guy would put the jockstrap over his briefs so that no one could see his "stuff". It looked ridiculous...

I was never athletic and to this day absolutley LOVE wearing a jockstrap-wide or narrow band, doesn't matter. I like to run and appreciate the support. I've never needed a cup but have bought them a few times just for fun.

UnderArmor makes a great jock-very comfortable! The company only makes the one with a cup pocket, now but that's ok because it offers 2 layers of fabric to support. Also, their new briefs are a nice fit-skimpy and comfortable despite being made of nylon.