the definition of homosexual sex

D_Meurius_Rump

Experimental Member
Media
Firstly, I've met heterosexuals (not huge numbers but enough to make me wonder) who dated their loss of virginity to an act of non-vaginally penetrative sex, and in general these people were male, which has always made me think that in heterosexual terms the concept of virginity is sex discriminative.
I couldn't agree more. All of these concepts can indeed apply to heterosexuals. Yes, initially (being a gay man) I was exploring the "definitions" of gay sex, but really this is an issue of what qualifies as sex period.

In fact, if you look at the whole concept of virginity there's always historically been more focus on it as an aspect of female sexuality. Many cultures imposed the demand that women keep their virginity and their hymens intact as long as possible, indeed preferably until marriage, and while male virginity was in some ways also highly prized in some cultures there's always been less focus on it in the majority of the larger historically attested cultures around the world, and what male virginity is exactly was always less clearly defined, rather conveniently (or indeed incoveniently for our purposes). Even in christian cultures (where virginity was often an almost sacred or holy state, in theory) a greater degree of double standardisation and hypocrisy has often existed on the matter.
Yes, when you grow up with these notions as I did, it can all be very confusing and misleading. Even though people don't often want to have to think about these things, because at the end of the day sex feels good and is fun to do, there is certainly sexism and discrimination involved in what society's views of sex are.

I mean we could apply the same standard exactly and say that virginity is lossed by participating in an act in which you are penetrated by a penis, but why we would decide to make the anus the analogue of the vagina for these purposes, rather than or to the exclusion of the mouth, is unclear to me. And this applies to the notional penetrator too, why penetration of an anus rather than of a mouth is analogous to penetrating a vagina is unclear.
Agreed, something doesn't sit right with me the notion that the gay man's anus is his "equivalent" to a woman's vagina.

For Lesbian sex the above criteria become even more troublesome.
Oh boy, lol, well you could just stick to the most logical idea of sex is put best in my opinion by you! Sex act which has the possibility of producing an orgasm in either participant, regardless of whether an actual orgasm ever occurred, then you've lost your homosexual virginity.

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Humans are the only animals that have sex for pleasure and not just for reproduction. Indulging in any of the following, alone or with a partner constitutes having sex: anal sex, BDSM, foreplay, frotteurism, fisting, masturbation, oral sex, outercourse, petting, fetishism, bondage, phone sex. cybersex, exhibitionism, voyeurism, rimming, teabagging, snowballing, feltching, fellatio, and role-playing. A guy would lose his virginity by participation in any sexual act with a partner.

Last edited:

musclecubftl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Humans are the only animals that have sex for pleasure and not just for reproduction.

thats just not true - but I would have to break the rules and be banned to support my statement - none the less it doesnt negate it - humans are NOT the only species that have sex for pleasure - not even close!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
thats just not true - but I would have to break the rules and be banned to support my statement - none the less it doesnt negate it - humans are NOT the only species that have sex for pleasure - not even close!

Well we know Bonobo chimps also engage in recreational sex. But this is kinda a threadjack so maybe we should leave it at that.