The definition of slut

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Male or Female, loves sex, enjoys sex, willing to have sex at anytime, may have multiple partners, may have multiple partners in one day, most importantly a slut loves to have fun!!

Slut is no longer a negative thing. It's sort of like bitch. When I was much younger that word meant a female dog and was very insulting to a woman. Today the word bitch means a disagreeable, complaining, whining, hostile person male or female.

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I saw this thread listed on the main page,... and could not believe this thread has survived this long??? No woman, is a slut, just because she happens to like sex. This word should be banned from the English Language lexicon, along with the "C"**t word. Both of these terms should be abolished, along with the "N" word.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I saw this thread listed on the main page,... and could not believe this thread has survived this long??? No woman, is a slut, just because she happens to like sex. This word should be banned from the English Language lexicon, along with the "C"**t word. Both of these terms should be abolished, along with the "N" word.

Eliminate the word, and then another word will come up to take it's place.

I mean, think about it, for everything, every group, there are multiple pejorative terms.

That being said, ITA, no woman should be branded a slut just because she likes sex.

That's why I like the idea of trying to reclaim the word, which has been done to some extent.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Personally, I don't care about numbers. That's just math and I've always hated math. I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - everyone either has or doesn't have periods of promiscuity in their life. If they do, they may have it for a variety of reasons. Big deal. When I meet someone I care about, they come to me with exactly the right amount of lovers in their past - zero or a thousand, it doesn't matter.

My ex and I used to use the term slut or slutty to describe how we were with each other sometime. It wasn't derogatory, but a fun term to describe being completely uninhibited with each other - fun, sexual, crazy, open, adventurous. Like giving head in the parking lot at work or dry humping in the elevator. It was like a little code to text each other. To me it was kind of like reclaiming that word and taking some of the old sting from it. Years ago that word was used to hurt me - with him it was used to arouse, tickle and elevate me.
Why are you always so clear and concise about shit? But I still don't like the word. :frown1:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Male or Female, loves sex, enjoys sex, willing to have sex at anytime, may have multiple partners, may have multiple partners in one day, most importantly a slut loves to have fun!!

With regards to women, a slut is one who knows what she wants sexually and is not afraid to go after it. I don't view it as a negative thing at all. In fact, I think it's rather hot!

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Reclaim the word, how?

There are a few ways.

In the BDSM community, a "Slut" is someone who enjoys sex, knows what they like, and owns their sexuality, even if it's as a sub.

There are also "Slut Walks" that work to take away the whole concept that if a woman is raped or assaulted, that it's done because she was acting "slutty."

There are more ways, but those are the main ones. A lot of people look at it depending on how it's used.

I'm leery of the word, especially because of the negative connotation and history of it.

No woman, is a slut, just because she happens to like sex. This word should be banned from the English Language lexicon, along with the "C"**t word. Both of these terms should be abolished, along with the "N" word.

Yeah, fuckin' slutty cunts.. fuck those people! Er, cunts. Er, sluts... errr slut-cunts. :rolleyes:

As has already been said multiple times, there are people who don't mind the word slut. I quite happily identify myself as a slut. A selective one, but a slut all the same. I have, due to my anatomy, a cunt. Pussy. Box. Vagina. Gash. Vag. Twat. There's a time and a place for everything. Using the word "fag" as a slur against an individual isn't ok. Strangely enough, a lot of my queer friends (who self identify as such) are perfectly ok with using it. Just like the sluts I personally know have no problem saying they're a slut. Just like a lot of people don't get their panties in a twist when people use the N word in music.

As for "banning" a word? Good luck with that. The Prohibition worked really well too. And book burning.

Last edited by a moderator:

OlderGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, fuckin' slutty cunts.. fuck those people! Er, cunts. Er, sluts... errr slut-cunts. :rolleyes:

As has already been said multiple times, there are people who don't mind the word slut. I quite happily identify myself as a slut. A selective one, but a slut all the same. I have, due to my anatomy, a cunt. Pussy. Box. Vagina. Gash. Vag. Twat. There's a time and a place for everything. Using the word "fag" as a slur against an individual isn't ok. Strangely enough, a lot of my queer friends (who self identify as such) are perfectly ok with using it. Just like the sluts I personally know have no problem saying they're a slut. Just like a lot of people don't get their panties in a twist when people use the N word in music.

As for "banning" a word? Good luck with that. The Prohibition worked really well too. And book burning.
Bingo! B-I-N-G-muthafuckin-O

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why are you always so clear and concise about shit? But I still don't like the word. :frown1:

Are you mad at me? :bigeyes: I'm sorry, I can't help it. I spend half my day writing - I can't help it.....forgive me oh, wise one! :wink:

If it helps, I'm only a s**t with the one I love. I'm a total lady everywhere else!

memphizian

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Are you offended by a collection of arbitrary syllables?

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I swear the guys who call girls sluts are generally the guys who are jealous that the girls are getting sex off guys that aren't them.

Although in some cases it does seem that some girls actively go out to get sex to feel better about themselves. I don't like these types of girls, the ones who love themselves and all that, but I don't hate them to the degree I'll label them and try to hurt them as some guys do.