The Descent Movie - Confused About Ending

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just watched this movie called the descent, where a group of five women go cave exploring to cheer up one of their mates after a horrific accident a year before, but soon realise they are not alone down in the depths of the earth. It was a pretty cool flick I thought with some genuine scares, but I have to say the ending was sort of weird. I got the feeling on the Oz release they included both of the alernative endings ( not gonna say what they were in case I spoil it for those who have not seen it yet ) but it is still rather bizarre to say the least.
What I liked about it though were -

- the actresses as a whole were good in their roles, even if a bit one dimensional. natalie mendoza was cool as the Juno, but the one that impressed me the most was the main chick who seemed to have mental problems.

- Although this was filmed on a tight budget, the caves themselves were very well done and definately is not for those who are easily put off by small inclosed spaces.

- the monsters themselves were very creepy and quite unique I thought.

- On that note, I was glad that the 'twist' of the monsters was not introduced until well halfway through the film as it gives us time to truly get to know these women and also what makes them tick in tight situations.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What confused you abou the ending?

I thought this was one of the best horror movies ever. It actually had a decent story.

Just that it seemed to go one way, then pull the rug out from under you and give you another ending. It is a great film mind, but the ending just sort of through me a bit. Great film though.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sometimes think I'm retarded when I watch films, I spend half of the film asking 'so why did he do that,' 'who's he again,' 'no one would really do that,' there aren't many people who will watch films with me.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I saw The Descent a few months ago, and I can't for the life of me remember how it ends. That pretty much wraps up my thoughts, easily forgettable. Well, except for Natalie Mendoza kicking ass. ;)