The Dumbest Movie You've ever Seen?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Epic Movie

I acquired this one months ago, and it'd been collecting dust on my hard drive. I finally watched it last week, and I agree that it's a complete piece of shit. Not even good in the so-bad-it's-good way.

i want to add LOST IN TRANSLATION (w/scarlett johansson and bill murray). I couldn't find a worse way to spend my time....

What. The. Fuck? This is probably one of the best executed films in recent history.

Adding to the shitheap:

The Lawnmower Man
Looking back on it, I'm surprised Pierce Brosnan's career survived his association with this turd.

BloodRayne
Unlike the Pats, Uwe Boll has an unbroken record...of turning semi-interesting video game premises into the worst movie adaptations imaginable. Given the talent at his disposal in this film (Ben Kingsley!), there's simply no excuse for how horridly this turned out.

i want to add LOST IN TRANSLATION (w/scarlett johansson and bill murray). I couldn't find a worse way to spend my time....

You are missing an exceptional movie. It takes place in Japan, not any other foreign country, for a reason. There are a lot of dynamics at work within it and I still catch things I didn't after many views. Lost in Translation is a five star movie and I stand by that.

Reactions: w355291

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The movie was poor but I still love the soundtrack.
I like singing along with Olivia Newton John's songs. :redface:
( # A place...where nobody dared to go....)

Crap films.

Yor, hunter from the future.
Napolean Dynamite
Tremors 2
Battlefield Earth - not just bad acting, FX, and plot but the details were ridiculous. The aliens take a primitive human of our future conquered earth and hook him to a machine that gives him an alien education, part of which is Euclidian geometry. The aliens had a Euclid who fathered geometry, too? What a coincidence! Even as a sci-fi writer L. Ron was a fuck up.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The worst/dumbest had to be a film called "The Stuff" (1985)

The Stuff (1985)

While the movie itself was terrible, I was about a week short of my 14th birthday, and i went with my 1st girlfriend, a friend and his GF and some other girl...

we were in a virtually empty theater in NYC, and so predictably we were fooling around, and during "The Stuff" , i received my 1st ever Handjob

needless to say "The Stuff" literally went everywhere that night.

Great time, terrible film

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I would not rank the movie that low — I think the "more intensity" scene and the "lip my stockings" scenes were brilliant — but in view of the almost universal praise that this movie received, I'm glad to hear that someone besides me was bored and irritated by it. After failing to get through it on a first viewing, I tried a second time, and I still had to use fast forward to get through it to the end. The movie commits the fallacy of imitative form — the fallacy of thinking that the fact that you are representing something of a certain quality (in this case, a tedious and boring experience) necessitates and therefore justifies giving that quality to the representation itself.

Bill Murray is great at playing his Bill Murray persona, but it gets old fast when there is nothing else in the movie to make it interesting, and Scarlett Johansson is far too feeble an actress for such a job.

Agreed... except for Napolean Dynamite. That movie was brilliant!

Napoleon Dynamite definitely had charm.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I think of all the Pauly Shore films, ENCINO MAN was the only one worth watching, and only for Brendon Fraser and the pre Hobbit Sean Astin. PS took a back seat to Fraser's antics and Sean Astin provided an emotional grounding.

There is a two hour VHS tape of a restored LAWNMOWER MAN that is supierior to the edition 90 + minute version that was theater released. The whole plot changes, and diffrent story lines and angles emerge.

THE STUFF wasn't that horrid. It was about some kind of yogurt that ate you.

MYSTERY SCIENCE FICTION THEATER....I kind of dislike that show and series. I need no surrogates for my sarcasm.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Crap films.

Napolean Dynamite

OH MY GOD...THANK YOU!

I wasn't gonna say it because every time I do people kick my ass, but I thought that it was marginally funny, at best.

I really wanted to like it...I mean, I really did. It just didn't work for me.

and I like Tim and Eric, so you know that means I had problems with it.

Oh, and I knew that NIC wasn't gonna like Cloverfield when I first heard of it.

Some others that I dislike wholly:

-the Garbage Pail Kids movie.

-Gattica

-Starship Troopers

-this movie called "Sisters" I believe...it's old and it stars Shelley Long. Parp.

-Power Rangers: the Movie II. I didn't list the first one because I was 10 when it came out and addicted to MMPR. I'd cooled off by the time the second one came out.

-HSM 2. It's stupid, but infectuous.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Heh...we line up like a square peg and a round hole, man.

I also thought Napoleon Dynamite was a complete turd of a film...rambling, incoherent, and with one or two marginally funny moments at best.

On the other hand, Gattaca is one of my favorite movies...for no reason so much as the incredibly realistic backdrop of the not too distant future against which the story is told.

And then there's Starship Troopers. Trust that fuckwad Verhoeven to take a powerfully insightful treatise on the failure of democracy as a birthright and turn it into a complete visual fiasco that only mirrors the original story in the most tenuous manner.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

On the other hand, Gattaca is one of my favorite movies...for no reason so much as the incredibly realistic backdrop of the not too distant future against which the story is told.

Agreed, in addition to fine cinematography, music and (mostly) competent plot, it has the added bonus of chilling plausibility - we already have ethnic underclasses so it's hardly a stretch to conclude that (in due course) we'll add a genetic one.

"When Gattaca was first released, as part of a marketing campaign there were adverts for people to call up and have their children genetically engineered. Thousands of people called, wanting to have their offspring genetically engineered." IMDB

I especially liked the electric P6 Rovers driven by the hoovers, nice touch.

In fact, the closing scene (with the medic) could almost have been written for LPSG.:smile:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I don't know Gillette, any movie with disco with rollerskates is iffy.

I liked Olivia in 'Grease' better without the wheels.