Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The birds let out a strange squawk and then it was complete silence. No one was driving on the streets. The air changed, like it got very thick. I was coughing and noticed the neighbors were coughing as well. It was like swamp air in the middle of summer.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was at most 70% around here. Maybe less. So it wasn't that big of a thing. Also we had some clouds, but I did get a glimpse through some of those glasses. I put them on and promptly tried to walk. Bad idea. I could have stepped in crap because you can't see crap with them on!

But it was cool to see the little bit of moon covering the sun.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I went to Sweetwater, TN. Totality. Horrible drive home. Completely worth it. I have a picture of what looked like sunset on the Eastern horizon. I have video and photos of a lot of the event, and especially of the totality, taken through a filtered telescope. Birds flew to roost. My dogs wanted to go to bed. The independent one lay down, the needy one cried to be snuggled (which is what she does before bed). I noticed there were a lot of car accidents right before and right after. Like... A lot.