The Emotional Roller Coaster...

sammygirly: The topic on Menstrual sex prompted this - but I don't know about you girls, but when it's THAT time of the month my emotions run the gauntlet. I swear Maximillian needs a special decoder ring to figure out what to say to me from one second to the next.

The biggest problem is that I'm not typically nasty - but the other end of the spectrum. I get sad and I cry alllllll the time. The whole week long....doesn't matter how small it will set me to crying.

How is it for the rest of you or your wives?
And for the men, how do you deal with us when this happens?

Maximillian: There are certain times when it behooves a male to just smile and nod. One of those times is when your lady is PMSing/menstruating and subtly resembles Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Run fast, be free, live!!

Actually, I would have to say that the female cycle is one of the hardest things for males to deal with in a relationship. We have to weigh everything we say or do with the reality that it may set her off and we will be sleeping with one eye open in the garage, with all the weapons in the house buried deep in a hole in the backyard.

One word can correctly surmise how I handle that time and thats "patience" I find that with sammy, its sometimes better not to comment on things than it is to comment and risk catching her on an emotional downswing. Mostly what they need from us is support and trips to the damn store to buy the "T" word thingies or anything else that may make that time easier.

Simply put fellas, during that time for a female its our job to be what a partner is, loving and caring even though we have no idea what they are going thru. (While also successfully juggling several escape plans in case it gets ugly, not easy at all but shh dont tell the women)

Maximillian

inquiringmind: Hi Ladies,

I am not going to play,I know  you could call me Evilene or her sister Evermean ! I think I might even turn green and fly on a broom !. According to males close to me they have had sightings of me flying during that time. Perhaps thats why my ex boyfriend used to call me Mortitia ? At least I had a time limit ,he on the other hand, was a Klingon come rain or shine! Luv ain't it grand! Perhaps a little too much testosterone buildup... No really, it gets so bad my doctor tried to prescribe prozac but I am terrilbly allergic to it. So I know at that time 1) chocolate 2) exercise, 3) exorcise 5) Enough sleep 6) lots of bloody red dripping STEAK!

When asked to stop eating cake on one occasion I murmured to my "almost" victim , " Mr. Man, this is the ONLY thing that keeps me from killing you!" To which he responded  meekly, "Want another piece" ( yipe,yipe, yipe, yipe) That's right dog get in your hole!   I even had one of friend tell me I would make a great dominatrix, Hmmmm....

Inquiring mind

RedheadedSpdFrk: Oh yeah...I know all about the cravings (rare steak followed by chocolate cake) and the mood swings. I usually end up crying over the stupidest things.

Inquiring mind - You crack me up! :D

Sammy - You're a lucky lady to have a guy that at least tries to understand and make you feel better. :)

wvalady1968: Ah, the premenstrual munchies! Several years ago, I read a study that indicated that most women were seeking B vitamins during this time, so I added B mega to the handful of supplements I take daily. And it helps a lot.

The only way I know that my period is a few days away is when I suddenly realize that I'm feeling depressed, which I very seldom feel. Then, I think, "Hey, wait! One, two three....ah, yes."

:mad:

sammygirly: Exactly!

Although it's usually Max that gently points out just why losing that game of Mahjong suddenly has me sobbing....He keeps track.

I used to think that was sweet...after reading these posts, I think it's just self defense ~laughs~

GreenEyes: I usually get extremely sensitive towards the end of my period. I seem to question things in my life and relationships. Not usually a good thing to do when the emotions are on a rollar coster.

Flip side I get extremely horny a day or days before my period and usually towards the end of it. So if a man can keep me busy then, then there will not be any time for me to think deeply and examine things so closely unless........it is his anatomy.

bblumbee: Wow... I experience the entire spectrum of emotions during my period. When it begins, or right before, I get sick and winny. A couple of days later, I become intolerable, so I was told, and also during this time, I get extremely HORNY. Yep, I have that feeling and sensation more during this time than any other. And, it frustrates me when I can't get any! GRRRRRRRRRR

As far as the munchies... thank God for a high metabolism. I eat like a hog - constantly.

bb

wvalady1968: Oh, man! If we haven't scared the guys off before, this should do the trick!!!

:D

7x6andchg: Actually, Nony, I have heard of that...dealing with disability claims all day I have about, oh, I'd say, 5% of my claims in a given week that are the good ole TAHBSO...aka Total Abdominal Hysterectomy with Bilateral Salpingo-Opherectomy. I know it can be a very hard operation on a woman's system, psyche, et al, and I was glad to hear they've developed an alternative for it.

Have you ladies heard of the new pills that are supposed to decrease the number of menstrual periods a woman has to about one every 3-4 months?

7x6&C

GreenEyes: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1062989620;start=0#10 date=09/08/03 at 16:26:16]Oh, man! If we haven't scared the guys off before, this should do the trick!!!

:D
[/quote]

Shhh don't say that I almost got in trouble the other day teasing like this. Nods at you take my word on this.

Oh I think that some of these things are enlightening our male counterparts. I do have to say it is good to get different perspectives on things. :)

inquiringmind: Heh Everyone,
I am just letting you know for pure scientific study. I am flying the broom for the next few days ... So in case I say anthing totally "wack" to anyone, I am prepared to blame it on the hormones!

Inquiring Mind

(dressed in black, with striped stockings and zoomin' on my Nimbus 2004!)

aj2181: Whenever my g/f (her name is Liz by the way) gets into an emotional overload I just let her turn me into her punching bag. She starts out with a few quick jabs in my abbs and she lets it fly and I figure I'm a man I can take it. She doesn't hit that hard anyway. Eventually the slug fest turns into me holding her. So it's always worth the pain.