gymboy_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey All,

Never done anything like this before but here goes..

Just walked from a 12 year gay male relationship for various reasons, some mental abuse, constant put downs, constant walking on egg shells.. i swear i have some good resilience as ive gave everything and jumped every hurdle with optimism that "it'll all be ok one day and sort itself out.."

I've come to realise I've gave everything, sacrificed friends, my wants, my likes, my ways... to the point where i know don't know my next step, where do i go, what do i do now?

Any advice on where i can go from here as im a little lost, feel ashamed asking/admitting I'm lost but hey.. I'm human and not willing to be someones mental punchbag no more ;)

Well done at having the strength to do that.

Do you have family to support you? Can you reconnect with your old friends?

Reactions: gymboy_ and japetty

gymboy_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well done at having the strength to do that.

Do you have family to support you? Can you reconnect with your old friends?

Thank You so much... knowing that one person has replied has made my day... this means a lot ;) I have tried reaching out to friends and I'm starting to try and stay positive and occupied.. so sad but i can't let this defeat me

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most likely it will be helpful to stay mentally occupied with activities that require concentration, especially during those times of day and week that you would normally spend together. Stay strong. Don't reach out to him. As time goes on you may want to examine how this happened. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. Many abusive individuals are very skilled at tying their victims up in knots and separating them from their sources of support and reality-testing.