The first american marijuana cafe!!!

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
!!!!!HOORAY!!!!!

although it is only for medical marijuana users, it is a start.

within 5-10 years i believe we will have a "coffee shop" system like the Netherlands, which would be fine with me.

there is no way that marijuana can be legal for some yet illegal for others imo...then it becomes a civil rights issue even more. you cannot discriminate against people by allowing some to use and some not (IMO)

First U.S. marijuana cafe opens in Portland | U.S. | Reuters

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can you book me a table near the window? I love a view.

well, i think we would be able to do something with american "ingenuity" with the "coffee shop" system.

the same way there are so many cool and different ones in the netherlands, it would be even more amazing here, i think.

think about the varied cities and places where they would be...in NYC, there could be one overlooking central park, or a really high end "windows on the world" type of coffee shop...in L.A. there could be one in Malibu overlooking the ocean, the possibilities are really endless, and it would ensure that quality was the order of the day, the same way that the netherlands produces so many high quality strains from the grow farms, and some shops specialize in their own brands and strains...

it would be so great...

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
there is no way that marijuana can be legal for some yet illegal for others imo...then it becomes a civil rights issue even more. you cannot discriminate against people by allowing some to use and some not (IMO)

First U.S. marijuana cafe opens in Portland | U.S. | Reuters

It's legal for some people to have morphine*, but not for others. Depends on whether one has a valid prescription for it.

Controlled Substances Act: DEA, Controlled Substances Act

* or barbiturates, valium, oxycontin, cocaine, marijuana, etc., etc...

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Reminds me of the last time I went to Amsterdam. My two friends and I were exhausted from the flight and our rooms at The Grand weren't yet ready so we dropped our bags and went to a "coffee shop" to wait.

We ordered coffees and were a bit hungry so we also ordered three pieces of pound cake, the only thing we could see that was offered to eat. The waitress said, incredulously, "You want three pieces?" and we sort of looked at each other, thinking, "Yeah, three people, three pieces."

About half-way into them, when the room stated tilting, we understood what she was talking about.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

About half-way into them, when the room stated tilting, we understood what she was talking about.
I always get a laugh in Amsterdam when I see very str8 looking men in business suits with a glazed look in the eye, or two of them laughing uncontrollably in the middle of the day.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's legal for some people to have morphine*, but not for others. Depends on whether one has a valid prescription for it.

Controlled Substances Act: DEA, Controlled Substances Act

* or barbiturates, valium, oxycontin, cocaine, marijuana, etc., etc...

i know ST, i was talking about in the cosmic, totally unfair sense of "why can some do this but not me?" type of right :wink:

and the DEA can go fuck themselves :smile:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reminds me of the last time I went to Amsterdam. My two friends and I were exhausted from the flight and our rooms at The Grand weren't yet ready so we dropped our bags and went to a "coffee shop" to wait.

We ordered coffees and were a bit hungry so we also ordered three pieces of pound cake, the only thing we could see that was offered to eat. The waitress said, incredulously, "You want three pieces?" and we sort of looked at each other, thinking, "Yeah, three people, three pieces."

heh heh...never heard of space cakes before nick? lol :biggrin1:

are we talking about the "Grand Hotel Krasnopolsky" when you say "The Grand"?

that was always a running joke with all my friends...we called the "Kraz" not the "Grand" though...

same way we referred to Leidsepleine as "Led Zeppelin"

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always get a laugh in Amsterdam when I see very str8 looking men in business suits with a glazed look in the eye, or two of them laughing uncontrollably in the middle of the day.

yes indeed...lol

the worst were the bike lanes...there is nothing worse than being in a haze and trying to remember to look both ways for a suit wearing dutch cyclist going 30 miles per hour...

i almost got nailed a couple of times.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
LOL...

almost...i just made up "Snickering in Silence"

great minds think almost alike :biggrin1:

There's a lot of that going around here... smirking and snickering that is. :tongue:

Pot laws in Turkey suck the big one and what you can get isn't worth the trouble.

If you watch the sales, Holland is only like 50 euros and 3 hours away. Some people will just hop on plane for a weekend get away... Of course no one I know would do that.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's a lot of that going around here... smirking and snickering that is. :tongue:

Pot laws in Turkey suck the big one and what you can get isn't worth the trouble.

If you watch the sales, Holland is only like 50 euros and 3 hours away. Some people will just hop on plane for a weekend get away... Of course no one I know would do that.

of course not, lol.

SiS

(that shall be my new tag line)