The first time I've cried in I can't even remember how long...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Crying is healthy. I lost my cat last summer and still my eyes fill with water when i think about it. Ryan it shows you to be a real man. A real man cries.:cool:

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm about to "lose" my Cockatiel if he doesn't get his act together.

He's getting quite cocky and I think I need to get his wings clipped and keep them clipped for about two months and see how cocky he stays.

Sorry about your loss though.

danmilan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
These have been some of the nicest posts i've read on this site. Let me add my sympathy, NIC, and wishes that reiterate all of what has been said. Nothing beats crying, possibly not even sex... that's a point worth debating perhaps: after a good weep you have got something out of your system and feel ready to move on - sex is sheer pleasure and intense pleasure of course. Anyway, free rein to the emotions! I always did think men bottling up tears taht well up was silly, possibly even unhealthy... Hope s. Korea is everything you hoped it would be. Hugs and kisses (you know I have a soft spot 4 u!) D

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
It's normal to cry over loosing a pet. Animals are non judgmental creatures that bring us companionship, and a sense of caring for another being. It's hard to think of the positive side of loosing one, even if it was just a small mouse. Think positively about the better life that you had given him, he didn't have to live in a breeding mill, or in a pet store all his life.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*pats NIC comfortingly on the back*
There there...

Sorry you lost your Stinky.

Maybe when you get to Korea, you can get a dog. Just make sure it's a pet dog, not a pantry dog.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Bummer. Pent up emotion. You're moving soon, no?

And why you name it Stinky? You know you're going to have to pay somebody good money to carve the word "STINKY" into its little tombstone...

:biggrin1:

Hey, gimme a break - I'm trying to cheer you up...

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Love of and from a pet can be purer than between people. Animals don't disappoint the way people can. I don't have dogs anymore because I can't stand the way my heart breaks when they pass on.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Love of and from a pet can be purer than between people. Animals don't disappoint the way people can. I don't have dogs anymore because I can't stand the way my heart breaks when they pass on.

So true. We have become so protective of our hearts because of how horrible people treat each other. We are free to give and receive love from our pets without reservation. I pet the dogs on my route and even carry treats to throw over the fence to them.

I am sorry you lost your pet mouse man.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My 17-year-old buddy, Bart, an orange longhair tabby cat, climbed into my lap a couple of years ago and quietly went to cat heaven. His liver was failing. I still have Craig, a 6-year-old buff-colored shorthair.

Mom's 18-year-old caramel tortoiseshell kitty, Taffy, was suffering from painful bowel problems and I had to take her to the vet for euthanasia a few weeks ago. A couple of days later I found her another tortoiseshell kitten that she's named Purrl.

Pets are special people, aren't they, Ryan? The mourning at their loss is very real.