The first time you were showering

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Pecker, May 27, 2005.

1. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

3rd grade (age 8) every day after gym (softball outside - basketball inside if it rained.) Required - no excuses. I loved it since we only had a tub at home. Concern or embarrassment didn't exist where I was concerned due to the casual male nudity I'd already been exposed to.

2. jonb

Gold Member

Grade 1 gym here.

3. D_Harold_Hopnoodle

D_Harold_Hopnoodle New Member

I've actually never showered around another guy, and i'm 29 years old. Never had to shower in gym class, and the two years I stayed in an all-male college dorm we had stall showers.

Sounds ridiculous, but my anxiety over this issue is one of the major reasons I never work out in the mornings before work or during the day at lunch... guess I should just get over it.

4. contortionist

contortionist New Member

Albums:
    I'd make sure mine was semi-hard. It looks better

5. db03

db03 Member

I remember vividly, i had just started secondary school when i was 12, and i was terrified at the thought of showering with other boys.

When the time came, it turned out i was the only one in a class of about 20 boys that had pubic hair, which made me feel even more self conscious, the guys never said anything to me, and as time went by I realised i was just developing faster than them, which made me feel a tad more at ease with the nudity side of gym class.

6. KinkGuy

Gold Member

7th grade (first year of junior high in the olden days), gym, jocks and showering were the law. I thought those boys showering in their jocks or tightie whighties were absolutely weird. I felt totally comfortable and never had any issues being nude with other guys because of the way I was raised. My Dad had prepared me for it and casual nudity at home was the norm. Hell, me and my bro's spent a lot of time naked swimming, showering and being "guys" our whole lives. Saw my Dad's meat often and being nude around other males was no big deal for me. Still isn't.

7. Str8Man

Str8Man New Member

I avoided showers at school. Crappy high school i went to didn't even have adequate ones unless you were a jock. I remember going to the YMCA as a teen a few times and I was larger than some of my adult friends.

8. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Ive never showed with other guys around... I have changd in a room full of other guys changing after swiming in primary school.

That was an interesting experience, as I received the prestigious title of "King of the Dicks"...

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I really don't remember the first time. I showered with my brothers since I was about two years old.

10. jonb

Gold Member

Oh, I thought family wasn't included.

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I don't know, Jon: he didn't specify. I did shower with them, and they were boys. That may well be why I was never shy about showering with other guys in gym class or at the beach: it was something I had always viewed as 'normal'.

12. jonb

Gold Member

I had the same experiences with my own family. Suffice it to say, I'm not shy about being naked in front of other males.

When I was young, I always thought white kids were strange. In addition to their nudity neurosis, their parents apparently thought a kiss or putting your hand around her in front of the children constituted a primal scene.

13. Pappy

Pappy Member

Freshman year of high school, Phys Ed class. I was a little shy at first because I was the youngest in my class, everyone else was a year older than me. After the first few days it didn't bother me cause I had the biggest dick. Sure there was a lot of name calling and cruel joking and I tried to not let it bother me, but it did.

When I entered the military I had gotten a little less bothered with the names and joking. In boot camp we had communal showers, but once out of boot camp and in the fleet there were single showers with curtains. Of course I didn't take my towel in the shower with me and I had to walk naked from the shower to the bench where I left my towel, like everyone else, I got to the point that I didn't let it bother me.

As for now, it wouldn't bother me in the least to go into a communal shower full of total strangers, in fact it might be kind of interesting.

14. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

That's good to hear, Pappy, because it wouldn't be fair for all the interest to be on the part of the viewers. :evilgrin:

15. ArcanuS

ArcanuS New Member

First time with my best friend when we came from the beach.......And pappy..........might be? it must be...for me, oc....

16. Domenico

Domenico New Member

Albums:
    When I was younger I remember showering with my dad at the YMCA, but only when I was really young. Now, through high school, i'm not comfortable with showering, because I inevitably get a hard-on, even when showering alone.

17. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used gang showers occasionally as a kid -- at the beach, pool, camping, etc. -- but we didn't have to start showering regularly after gym class until I was in 5th grade (age 10-11). I don't think my penis had starting growing much at that point, although I had definitely entered puberty since I was one of two guys (of maybe 20-25 in my class) who had pubic hair. Thankfully the other guy had darker hair, which meant less gawking at my own blondish (and therefore less obvious) bush. :)

By 7th grade (age 12-13) I had basically grown to my full adult size (5-6" soft), which was again pretty embarrassing given that at that age the average guy is still maybe only 2" soft. Fortunately there was again another guy in my class who was very large, or I would've felt like a total freak. The two of us were only about 4'10" at that age, so our dicks looked totally disproportionate ... I still remember Jeff's as looking like it was dangling somewhere down toward his knees.

The period from ages 12-15 is generally pretty awful in a boys' locker room because you have the toxic combination of guys at all stages of development and intense peer pressure to conform. Anyone who is "different" in any way is likely to get some ribbing about it.

Steve

18. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the theory was that it would help prepare us for the transition to 6th grade and middle school the following year, where gym class was more strenuous and showering might theoretically be necessary. Oddly, the way it turned out, since showering was enforced/mandatory in 5th grade but not generally in middle or high school unless it was a day we were running long distances or swimming, after 5th grade most guys never showered as often in gym class!!

In general I think it's a good idea to introduce gym showering at age 10 or so, as opposed to during middle school, because at this younger age there is far less developmental variation among either boys or girls, so there's less likely to be trauma/teasing for either the overdeveloped or the underdeveloped.

I've been surprised to learn in this thread that some kids have to shower after gym class throughout elementary school. Geez, my elementary school gym classes were SO low-impact (hurling a parachute in the air and crawling under it, T-ball, kickball, biking safety, climbing ropes, playing the uniquely lame volleyball variant known as newcomb) that I think showering would've been totally superfluous at that point. Plus, aren't elementary school kids generally too young (I think) to have underarm-type B.O. anyway??

Steve

19. Freddie53

Gold Member

Having taught both fifth and sixth grade for many years! NO they are not too young. True some will not have undearm-type B.O for another year or two. But some have had it as early as 4th grade. Remember some have repeated a grade or some other reason has them a grade or two grades behind. Once puberty starts, they need deoderant. And there are girls that have had babies in fifth grade and guys in sixth grade that shave and have a deep voice. Rumor had it in the past that some of them were the father of some of elementary girls babies. Just rumor. Fortunately for the teachers, the girls only were usually pregnant in sixth grade and the babies didn't arrive until the fall of seventh grade and it didn't happen very often. But we did have one fifth grade girl with a baby. Sadly it was incest from a step dad.

20. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I stand corrected!! You can tell that I neither have kids nor spend much time with them!

Steve :D

Draft saved Draft deleted