The "Fiscal Cliff"

D

deleted15807

Tea party republicans will scream blood murder over any tax hike regardless of what they get in return. A republican will accept that hike if it means getting 2 or 3 other things on the table.

The Tea Party Republicans can't vote yes for ANY bill without having to admit they are indeed now a 'part of Washington' and enabling the evil Obama. They might as well stay home and phone in their NO vote.

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What goes unchecked is Obama blaming the Bush tax cuts for the deficit. Gasp, tax revenues went up, even reported by that piece of rag POS New York Times, after the tax cuts were enacted.

Both sides want the same thing but just call it something different. Republican and Democrats are one in the same. Until we get rid of the fed, nothing else matters. Politicians do not give two craps about whether two guys can screw or a woman can have an abortion. It rallies the masses to get elected. If you do not think whatever "fix" is not already decided (and in fact this is the true "fiscal cliff"), I got beach front property in Arizona to see you. There one in the same and unless we elect Jessie Ventura in 2016, we are screwed.

If Dems and Repubs were not one in the same and the Repubs truly wanted to beat Obama, why was not Ron Paul nominated? In the primaries head-to-head with Obama, he was within 5 in a lot of polls and *gasp*, a lot of people agreed with him when they actually listened to him. Hell, who else said he has a plan to balance the budget and INCREASE social security and medicare payments? Who would not vote for that?

Everything was already decided. If you went to cast your vote as if the election was not already decided, I feel sorry for you.

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
Remember the Rice Crispy Treat commercial where the lady tells her family no one can come into the kitchen while she's making these delicious but time-consuming goodies? All the while she's sitting there reading a book because the whole process takes like fifteen minutes. Just as she's about to walk out the door, she spritzes herself with some confectioners sugar and fakes a look of exhaustion as she exits the kitchen to her awaitng crew.

That is what all this posturing in Washington is like. They are sooooo full of shit, both sides. They think the American public is waiting with bated breath, while all along we know they're going to do what they normally do, screw the people, and then play the blame game on each other until the next election.

It's politics. If all these Harvard/Yale types are so smart, why on earth are we in the shape we're in? It's because they are a bunch of greedy you-know-whats who lack any form of morality and couldn't care less about the people they are supposed to serve.

We've got our own called the Fiscal Ditch, lol - it's a kind of pale imitation. :p

Has this been said already?!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remember the Rice Crispy Treat commercial where the lady tells her family no one can come into the kitchen while she's making these delicious but time-consuming goodies? All the while she's sitting there reading a book because the whole process takes like fifteen minutes. Just as she's about to walk out the door, she spritzes herself with some confectioners sugar and fakes a look of exhaustion as she exits the kitchen to her awaitng crew.

That is what all this posturing in Washington is like. They are sooooo full of shit, both sides. They think the American public is waiting with bated breath, while all along we know they're going to do what they normally do, screw the people, and then play the blame game on each other until the next election.

It's politics. If all these Harvard/Yale types are so smart, why on earth are we in the shape we're in? It's because they are a bunch of greedy you-know-whats who lack any form of morality and couldn't care less about the people they are supposed to serve.

++++

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, soooo... Boehner's plan B is to simply raise taxes on people making a million dollars, freezing rates on those below that level, and with no spending cuts. He thinks he can take this to the house and pass it??? Alright. Go ahead. I'll wait....:smoker2:

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
interesting is, that obama couldnt get it, that europe needed so mutch time to negotiate. He was blaming europe, to gamble with the world economy...

At the end all 17 ez nations got a solution...

but america isnt able to find a solution for their own problems...

Maybe he should have started earlier to care for americas problems. insted of blaming other nations, just to win the elections...

D

deleted213967

Ok, soooo... Boehner's plan B is to simply raise taxes on people making a million dollars, freezing rates on those below that level, and with no spending cuts. He thinks he can take this to the house and pass it??? Alright. Go ahead. I'll wait....:smoker2:

...but isn't that exactly what O asked for?

In all of his speeches, O only berates "millionaires and billionaires" (never mind 1 is 1,000 times more than the other).

Since when does USD 250,000 earned by a couple in San Francisco or New York = 1,000,000?

That is just math.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...but isn't that exactly what O asked for?

In all of his speeches, O only berates "millionaires and billionaires" (never mind 1 is 1,000 times more than the other).

Since when does USD 250,000 earned by a couple in San Francisco or New York = 1,000,000?

That is just math.

No that's not what "O" asked for. He asked for clinton era tax rates for income over 250K as well as cuts to spending. How many times has he said "balanced"? If the deficit is to be addressed, spending has to go down and taxes have to go up. Can't tax your way out or cut your way out. Gotta do both. That's what Obama asked for.

And to be clear, 250K tax break is for everyone. If your income is over that then you get a break on that first 250. If you bring in $250,001 then you pay the higher marginal rates on the one dollar. The million dollar limit is Boehner's idea. One he couldn't get past his tea party friends if he tried.... I would love to see him try though. Pleeeease Mr Speaker try. Pleeeeease. :biggrin1:

Dakota Kid

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Cavorting between fresh and salt water peninsulas.
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Looks like we're headed over the cliff :rolleyes:

I'm one of those small businessman in Obama's crosshairs :usa1:

I've been pretty vocal amongst my friends and a few forums regarding the out of control government spending........for both the current administration and the previous. Makes no difference to me if your liberal or conservative......just quit the deficit spending! :mad:

I'm one that firmly believes we have a short window to change courses and avoid the current Greece clusterfuck.

With that said, I'd personally pay more taxes.....IF AND ONLY IF.......the spending is reduced the same amount during the same timeframe. None of this raising taxes now....but reduce the spending 8-10 yrs down the road. Been there before.....next congress just revises their budget and POOF.....there went the spending cuts. When I hear Obama say he's already agreed to 1 trillion in spending cuts......BULLSHIT. That comes so far down the road that everyone in DC knows it'll never happen.

Let's have some REAL spending cuts. Match my tax increase next year with the same spending cuts next year. How fucking hard is that to understand? A real BALANCED approach.....how novel is that :rolleyes:

D

deleted213967

No that's not what "O" asked for. He asked for clinton era tax rates for income over 250K as well as cuts to spending. How many times has he said "balanced"? If the deficit is to be addressed, spending has to go down and taxes have to go up. Can't tax your way out or cut your way out. Gotta do both. That's what Obama asked for.

And to be clear, 250K tax break is for everyone. If your income is over that then you get a break on that first 250. If you bring in $250,001 then you pay the higher marginal rates on the one dollar. The million dollar limit is Boehner's idea. One he couldn't get past his tea party friends if he tried.... I would love to see him try though. Pleeeease Mr Speaker try. Pleeeeease. :biggrin1:

Again, since when does 250,000 equal 1,000,000 or 1,000,000,000?

What "balanced" approach?

Is adding 6,000 billion dollars to the debt citizens will always owe "balanced"?

What spending cuts?

The money saved from ending the wars which would have ended anyway?
Growing the federal bureaucracy at a lesser rate than the UltraLeft would love? More accounting gimmicks?

What entitlement reform?

I am sorry I just don't drink KoolAid.

interesting is, that obama couldnt get it, that europe needed so mutch time to negotiate. He was blaming europe, to gamble with the world economy...

Maybe he should have started earlier to care for americas problems. insted of blaming other nations, just to win the elections...
The EZ still seems pretty unstable for the moment. :/

And btw - I <3 Sennheiser headphones. :biggrin1:

D

deleted213967

Perhaps he could try by asking the EU to "pay its fair share" of its own defense instead on relying on us...

How about 100.00%?

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The EZ still seems pretty unstable for the moment. :/

And btw - I <3 Sennheiser headphones. :biggrin1:
But at the end, we could find some solutions to solve the urgent problems...
Obama on the other hand was, till elections day, only blaming for the EZ for beeing "the reason of the bad performence of the world economy"... He didnt cared mutch to find a solution...

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps he could try by asking the EU to "pay its fair share" of its own defense instead on relying on us...

How about 100.00%?
We do pay for our defence... And by buying american war technology, we substitute your army... We also support you at war (afghanistan)

That you think you need aircrafter at the west african coast, cause the congo became your biggest oil supplier or that you think you need more military basis in the pazific is defenetly not our problem...

Also are all american military basis in germany mainly in the interests of the USA, as anyone's else... (and we substitute even these basises... You have to pay nothing and own a lot of special rights)

But nothing of this would solve your budget problems... Even if europe would pay 100 billions a year.
The main problem would stay the same. Since 4 years, the politic isnt really capable to act

D

deleted213967

We do pay for our defence... And by buying american war technology, we substitute your army... We also support you at war (afghanistan)

That you think you need aircrafter at the west african coast, cause the congo became your biggest oil supplier or that you think you need more military basis in the pazific is defenetly not our problem...

Also are all american military basis in germany mainly in the interests of the USA, as anyone's else... (and we substitute even these basises... You have to pay nothing and own a lot of special rights)

But nothing of this would solve your budget problems... Even if europe would pay 100 billions a year.
The main problem would stay the same. Since 4 years, the politic isnt really capable to act

I'll forward your post to DoD! :cool: