The Five Senses

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Act2_Begins_Now, Jun 30, 2007.

?

What sense would you give up?

1. Taste

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. Smell

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Sight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Touch

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Hearing

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

I am very visual for a woman (so I have read). Love the smell of a man and of sex. Touching, the unintentional stuff keeps me aroused forever. My mouth/taste, if I am aroused my mouth needs to be occupied (one reason I think I may be built for the alternative lifestyle).

With all of that said, the one sense if I had to give one up in regard to sex, I think I would forego the hearing.

How about you?

2. whatireallywant

Gold Member

VERY visual here... considering that I have bad eyes! :tongue:

If I had to give up one of the five senses, I'd give up taste. It'd probably make it easier for me to do blowjobs (although the taste really isn't that bad, just my upbringing caused me to freak out that there WAS a taste! Just tasted salty to me though...), plus if I couldn't taste anything, maybe I could lose some weight! :biggrin1:

3. Love-it

Gold Member

I can't handle the question, there is nothing that I could give up in place of another sense or sex. We just went for a drive on some nearly impassable four wheel drive roads to over 8,000' high country in the Sierras. The smells, views, wind in the trees, flowers, the feel of a meadow under foot and the smoothness of glacier polished granite, tasting life and the outdoors, there is nothing to compare with life. The only thing we didn't do was have sex, hugss and kissing and experiencing the beauty all around us is sensual.

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Sounds like a beautiful drive.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I didn't read the question (sorry) and was thinking generally when I voted for taste. But having said that I think I'll stick with it - though I thought about hearing as a possible option just in relation to sex.
    In relation to sex taste is important but taste and smell are so closely linked that if I still had smell and the memories of what things tasted like I could conjure the tastes in my mind's tongue (well - you can have a 'mind's eye', why not a 'mind's tongue' - hmmm, anyway). You couldn't really do that with hearing - you could imagine sounds sure, but hot the actual sounds your lover was making - and of course lip reading is out for all sorts of reasons... :wink:

Yeah - I'm going to stick with losing taste - as long as I can smell my lover I could get by without it.

6. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Same here. I love hearing those moaning sounds. Smell for those pheromones, touch for obvious reasons...and sight because I'm a very visual person despite having bad eyesight! Well, that leaves taste... wouldn't want to give up any of the 5, but if I had to give up one (with regard to sex or just to other aspects of life), taste would be the one I'd pick to lose.

7. No_Strings

Gold Member

Sight, smell and touch would have to stay!

Between hearing and taste I opted for losing taste, for practical reasons if anything.

8. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

After I posted this and thinking over not having hearing, I realized what I would miss out on. I love be entered when both are laying on their sides and facing in the same direction, with his arms and body just encompassing me and the moans that I hear coming from behind me. It would definately be hard to give that one up, but I do think I love the others more.

My fav would be a toss up between visual and touch.

9. snoozan

Gold Member

Taste.

Most of what you taste comes from your nose(smell) not your tongue.

10. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

I put "hearing" because some of the most intimate forms of communication can be non-verbal. Plus...its a great way to avoid pop music...

...OB

11. confusedman

confusedman New Member

Albums:
    i would never give up taste!eating food is one of the most important pleasures in life!there are so many things to try in food!!!!i would give up smell!!i like smelling my girlfriend and that gets me aroused but i am smoker though so i can't smell to good either and i love to taste food!FOOD FOOD FOOD!i am greek though and that explains why i chose smell!:p

12. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never the hearing or the sight or the smell...I'm a writer and so I write with very strong imagery. For me, it would have to be taste if anything. The one I know I could never ever give up is hearing for sure...I also write and LOVE music...

13. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

Taste, but just for practical reasons. I could remain self sufficient.

Draft saved Draft deleted