The five stages of woman

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently got to visit an old friend while I was on a business trip, he's my age (mid 50's), single and enjoys a bachelor lifestyle (heavy on the golf). He said, jokingly (paraphrasing Kubler-Ross), "There are five stages of woman: interest, hope, expectation, disappointment, and bitterness."

His girlfriend thought that was funny.

I told my wife. She thought it was funny.

I told my wife's girlfriends. They thought it was funny.

Do you think it's funny?

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spladle said:
No. I'm not even sure I get it. What's the joke?

He was paraphrasing Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' "Five Stages of Dying", i.e., Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

He was describing the "typical" arc of women's attitudes as he has encountered them.

Now do you think it's funny?

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fredneck1951 said:
He was paraphrasing Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' "Five Stages of Dying", i.e., Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

He was describing the "typical" arc of women's attitudes as he has encountered them.

Now do you think it's funny?
No. Those are things that I already figured, but then I thought, why would anyone think that was funny, ever? Because it isn't. So then I thought that I must not be getting something. But it turns out that I got it and it just wasn't funny at all. In any way. To anyone. Ever.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spladle said:
No. Those are things that I already figured, but then I thought, why would anyone think that was funny, ever? Because it isn't. So then I thought that I must not be getting something. But it turns out that I got it and it just wasn't funny at all. In any way. To anyone. Ever.

Maybe you're personally going the other way round.

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fredneck1951 said:
I recently got to visit an old friend while I was on a business trip, he's my age (mid 50's), single and enjoys a bachelor lifestyle (heavy on the golf). He said, jokingly (paraphrasing Kubler-Ross), "There are five stages of woman: interest, hope, expectation, disappointment, and bitterness."

His girlfriend thought that was funny.

I told my wife. She thought it was funny.

I told my wife's girlfriends. They thought it was funny.

Do you think it's funny?

Hah, im suprised everyone is so hateful to this post. I take no side on it, but I have to admit, it is quite impressive that your friend remembered all the 5 stages, in all their complexity, off the top of his head, in the middle of a game of golf,.. that is what intrigues me...

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lee_M said:
Personally i see them as the same for male and female. Somewhat funny and somewhat true

Well supposedly, many of the scholarly studies at universities nowadays on the subject(which i have NOT read!) show males to be more prone than females to tactics of subtle swooning than females, so kind of interesting, because the norm thought is that females go out of their way randomly, but it is apprently not true.

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pumblechook said:
Hah, im suprised everyone is so hateful to this post. I take no side on it, but I have to admit, it is quite impressive that your friend remembered all the 5 stages, in all their complexity, off the top of his head, in the middle of a game of golf,.. that is what intrigues me...

No this was over martinis and cigars, a mite more conducive to philosophizing.