The Fly On Underwear

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by calvinkleinguy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. calvinkleinguy

calvinkleinguy Active Member

Albums:
    Is there any point of a fly on underwear? some arent so easy to use. who wants to be standing at the toilet trying to open the buttons and busting for a piss at the same time. some have a slip towards the side where you have to reach ur hand in, find the other slip on the other side and the twist the undies to get the cock out. i would use my fly sometimes to pull my cock and balls threw (like a cock ring) to create a bulge in my trousers.

2. james-spartan

james-spartan Member

Albums:
    never used the fly cant honestly see the point of it being there, it has no real practical use other than the one described above.......

3. redneckgymrat

Gold Member

There *is* one other purpose. It allows for expansion and movement...it's like a bellows for guys who are bigger. Mine is admittedly stretched to the max, but still...it's a good solution for accommodating different sized bulges.

4. BigGlansDC

BigGlansDC New Member

Albums:
    I think the fly on most men's underwear, especially briefs and boxer briefs is made for right handed men. Left handed men have great difficulty accessing their manhood when wanting to take a leak unzipped in a men's room.

I believe the OP of this subject thread is a left handed man :smile:

Now the the Munsingwear Kangaroo Pouch briefs and boxer briefs and the Jockey pouch briefs and boxer briefs have the horizontal fly design which gives easy access to your manhood irregardless of your being right handed or left handed. This design of underwear fly is a good solution to the problem. Check it out!

5. calvinkleinguy

calvinkleinguy Active Member

Albums:

WIERD........ Your right :smile:

6. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    ... I only use my fly to play with my dick. Lol. However, I've had boxers without the fly, and they just fit funny.

7. NUK

NUK
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hmm, i never use the fly thinking about it. I find Its really awkward to get my cock out through that tiny hole tbh. Rather uncomfortable....

8. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    if you wear reg..boxers it is easy to use the open fly, but those skin tight boxerbrief trunks or briefs are hard to get your dick out

9. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah I never use the fly.......I'm also a lefty, lol

10. Devinwriter20

Devinwriter20 Member

i use the for when going pee or up over the waistband depends on the style i am wearing

11. B_Hornaplenty

B_Hornaplenty New Member

I completely agree. If my cock is hard or even semi-hard it's nearly impossible to pull it out through the fly in my briefs. I have to open my pants and lower my briefs to get my cock out comfortably. That's the best way anyway because even when flaccid, pulling it through the fly, the fabric is tight around my shaft and reduces the free flow of piss.

12. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wore briefs for decades, and rarely used the fly. It was so much easier to lower the waistband. The only time that I'd use the fly is when I was playing with myself prior to J/O.

I wear boxers now and will only use the fly when I wear pants or cargo shorts with a zipper. Otherwise, why bother with the fly? With track pants, lower the waistbands of both the pants and the boxers. Gym shorts - lift the right leg of both the boxers and the gym shorts.

13. Baralai

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    for me it depends on what im wearing on top. If I have a zip fly on my jeans and a belt i use the fly on my boxers - if I have button fly jeans I open right from the top and pull the boxers down under my balls

14. Otep

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I never use the fly, entirely too complicated as its easier just to pull my underwear down a bit.

Most of my underwear don't have a fly anyway.

15. 2xistTrunks

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Like the OP, I'm left handed and have the same complaints about standard fly designs. The only underwear with fly that I have and use are Jockeys with the horizontal fly.

The majority of what I own has no fly at all, which I have no problem with, as it's almost always easier to just pull down the waistband and go over the top anyway.

16. prince albert dong

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never ever use the fly.

What surprises me, dont Calvin, FTL, Hanes, etc. know this? So why do the manufacture the product with a fly? "who" uses the fly?

17. jockmaestro

Gold Member

Why, I think it's terribly unfair to accuse lefties of not being able to "access their manhood." Surely being left-handed doesn't mean one is less manly! : )

I believe the image for fly usage vs. simply pulling down the front of your underwear is "opening the gate" vs. "Jumping the fence."
    I understood that the fly was there so when erections occurred (you guys HAVE heard of erections, right?), there was "give" in the pouch.

I only use the fly in my briefs ( and most of my briefs are pouch, so it's not an issue) for pulling out my cock and balls and beating off. Sometimes it feels and looks good to see them sticking out of my white briefs.

18. prince albert dong

Gold Member

Albums:
    "flys are for erection accomodation".....what?

19. redneckgymrat

Gold Member

During an erection the size, shape and orientation of our packages changes, significantly.

A fly, made from overlapping layers of fabric, allows for movement and expansion. By acting as a "relief valve" it accommodates different sizes and shapes of bulges.

Spandex is relatively new, and has made that "expansion joint" largely unnecessary. But its design remains iconic, and its absence just looks "wrong" to a lot of guys.

20. patrick222

patrick222 Member

It's all relative to waist size. If you wear size small, 30waist, and have an everage size dick the fly is not helpful. However size 44 waist briefs have a fly big enough to give birth

Draft saved Draft deleted