the french open

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
maybe yall have been watching this too. venus and serena suprisingly got eliminated on the same day but i'm ashamed to say i havent followed the women's side as much so i usually root for whoever i find more attractive.

but on the men's side i'm goin for my boy federer since james blake got eliminated . he wont be playing tomorrow though but we still get to see nadal steamroll through some (relative) unknown

anyone else follow tennis or any sports?

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Federer hasn't won this major title yet, so it would be amazing to see him finally win a non-consecutive Grand Slam. On the other hand, it would be amazing to see Nadal win his fourth straight French championships. I don't think that has been done before, so it would be on par with Federer's famous Wimbledon streak.

I like Djokovic, but I don't think that this is the surface for anyone to topple Federer or Nadal.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see little motives to comment on tennis here on LPSG, but, I follow tennis, so...

Either Federer finally winning it, or Nadal winning a consecutive 4th, both would be landmarks.

Personally, I think Nadal won't reach the final, he is not in top shape right now, and the organization has been less than forgiving with his matches when rain delayed them, unfair to him, TBH.

Federer could have his shot, then, he being such a complete player, he can do everything.

But in years of doubt like this one, I think we could be treated to a surprise by a another player peaking right on time.

We'll see.
Womens tennis is boring, except when the eastern european beauties hit the courts :)
We won't miss the Williams sisters, their shocking period of dominance is past, now the less physically strong players know how to dominate them.

jojobean100

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree with vergax on a few points. The williams sisters are over, i never liked serena to begin with, too manly looking. i like to see feminine women play and venus fits that much better, but as been said they are done.

i would like to roger f to get this one on the soul fact that i cannot stand nadal and am happy that this is the only time i have to actually conciede that he is a great clay court player, no matter how bad a taste that leaves in my mouth, the other point i agree with is that maybe this year we will see someone else peak through, on this, nadal is not up to par and may not be able to get to the final much less win.

i do follow the womens as much as possible and would like to ivanovic or jankovic take the title this year, i am an off and on again fan of sharapova, she can be very dominating and am usually rooting the underdog to win so i root for her when she plays a williams sister, but root for her opponate when she plays nearly anyone else.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with vergax on a few points. The williams sisters are over, i never liked serena to begin with, too manly looking. i like to see feminine women play and venus fits that much better, but as been said they are done.

i do follow the womens as much as possible and would like to ivanovic or jankovic take the title this year, i am an off and on again fan of sharapova, she can be very dominating and am usually rooting the underdog to win so i root for her when she plays a williams sister, but root for her opponate when she plays nearly anyone else.

There are those that consider Serena manly looking. I disagree. She has mega womanly curves. Some say Serena looks more manly because they consider her shoulders too wide and her arms too big, apparently not realising how womanly built her butt, breasts, and thighs are. And about her arms - actually, her arms are not big, but do have some definition, which is hardly a bad thing. Sharapova is cuter, but miles and miles away from the supervixen curves Serena has.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I only follow womens tennis. Find it far more entertainin :wink:
But Daniela Hantuchova (my favourite) isn't playing :frown1: so I'm not really watching it.

(As long as Maria Sharapova doesn't win! I dont care what people say, SHE IS A MAN!)