The French release a study on average penis size

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Mephisto76, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ShannonH

Gold Member

Albums:
    About the same as I feel about getting a hernia check.

2. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    That might be a common reaction.

3. dirkjesje

Gold Member

Albums:
    Statistically an average range is the range between -1 standard deviation upto +1 standard deviation ( approx 2 on 3 [68%] )
    So 1/3 is out of this range - approx 1 on 6 smaller; approx 1 on 6 bigger.
    ( clothing industry / f.e. shoes has a higher production number in the average range )

4. BTC

BTC New Member

Yay. I'm hung.

5. Naturistlover

Naturistlover New Member

who cares a dick is a dick. You can't change what you have or who you are. Learn to love what you have:smile:

6. Ravager

Ravager New Member

it has to be 5.2+
    the bottom end of the IQR is hardly going to be less than 5
    protip the " goes after the number

7. ShannonH

Gold Member

Albums:
    They didn't include the data to see their girth distribution, but if we just go by the lifestyles study (which has that distribution, and has been pointed out in this thread is probably mostly measuring bigger guys since it's a self-selected sample) then the TOP end of the IQR is actually a little below 5.2". The IQR looks to be around 4.4" to 5.1" - so for the non-statslovers here, that's the range where 50% of men's girth falls.
    The bottom 5% is below 3 3/4" girth, and the top 5% starts around 5 1/2" girth. Only 1% was above 6" around.
    So if you'd slept with an equally random sample of men (the same kind of guys who showed up for the study -- probably the bigger guys), if you'd only slept with 10 men in your life, the odds of them all being 6" thick or more is 1 in 10^20, or 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000, or 1 in 100 quintillion. That's about the same odds as winning the powerball lottery jackpot 5 times in a row.
    Even if you lower it down so every guy was over 5.5" around, to have only fucked guys that thick or more (so maybe your average was ~6"..) that's still 1/20 guys that big, so that's 1 in 10,240,000,000,000, or about 1 in 10 trillion.
    Not that it's impossible to fuck 10 guys that thick, but the only way for every guy to have been that thick or more is if you specifically are filtering on dick girth.

8. bobg4400

Gold Member

Since you seem to be awesome at statisics i was wondering if you could explain something?
    Is there a way to combine the percentages like top 5% for girth and top 50% for length or something to get an overall percentage for penis size rather than length and girth separately?

9. bassman70

bassman70 Member

Albums:
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does IRQ stand for? I'm 5 5/8 midshaft girth(actually most of my shaft). I've been told I'm big, somewhat thick etc., but I don't think 1 in 20 thick.

10. bobg4400

Gold Member

IQR stands for InterQuartile Range which is where 50% of people are. I have no idea how he got the 1/20 figure since by my logic(I'm probably wrong) if 1% of people are over 6 inches that gives a 1/100 chance of being over 6 inches?

Also what do you doubt about the 1/20 figure?
    You think 5 5/8 girth is rarer or more common than 1/20?

11. bassman70

bassman70 Member

Albums:
    I would say more common. I realize it's above average, but it's not exactly giant.

12. ShannonH

Gold Member

Albums:
    This cannot be done unless you have the original, raw data (ie the measurements for every single participant in the study.) What we have access to is the total distribution - the percentage of people at a certain length, and the percentage of people at a certain girth. If there was no correlation at all between length and girth this may be possible, but it's likely that people with longer dicks also have thicker ones.

The 1/20 range was just for the over 5.5" range; you can check both the wikipedia penis size article or mraverage.com if you want to see the stats I'm basing this on. The resulting probability of a moderately-sized sexual history having all dicks that thick is so ridiculously low that it doesn't make sense to split hairs over it. What I really want to show here is the difference between reality and our perception, which is exactly the motivation for gathering these stats in the first place.

13. ShannonH

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is another example of a disconnect between actual numbers and our perception. 95th percentile isn't 'giant' when measuring any part of the human body. To compare, for men's height in the US (age 20-45 -- full-grown men) the 95th percentile is just below 6'3". nobody 6'3" would be called a giant, but they're certainly tall.

14. bobg4400

Gold Member

So, just to make sure i get it, this means that the same number of people who are 6'3" also have a dick that is bigger than 5.5 inches in girth,BUT they are not necessarily the same people?
    i.e some people may be 6'3"+ but have a dick less than 5.5 inches in girth and some people may be 6'3"- but have a dick more than 5.5 inches in girth?

15. dirkjesje

Gold Member

Albums:
    No. It's just an example how you must interprete statistical numbers.
    95th percentile of dicks in reference to body lenght or whatever.
    He wanted to show you what a 95th percentile really is. And for body lenght it is for the US just below 6'3".
    That means that only 1 on 20 is taller.

The clothing industry is more working with std's.
    Where -1std upto +1std is common, so average range ( that's 68% of the population, so 2 on 3 )
    -1std or + 1std is small or big ( 1 on 6; for each range )
    -3std or + 3std is exceptional ( 1on 768 for each range )
    So the clothing industry is never going to make clothes for those exceptional ranges.
    And in the range between big and exceptional, only a limited number are made. ( f.e. shoe sizes )

I'm a statistical analyst, but Shannon can explain it much better in fluent English. The point is - that even you differs a little bit from average, the numbers drop amazingly.
    In the thread - can you show a real 8" ? - Well according to statistics, only 1 on 769 is +7"80 NBPL - that's why we see so little of them (real 8"-ers); even on this board.

#55 dirkjesje, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  16. ShannonH

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not connecting dick size and height in any way here -- I'm just saying that there's about as many guys out there 6'3" and up as there are guys with 5.5" girth and up, but I'm not saying anything about correlation.

It's like saying 5% of men have some kind of colour blindness, and 5% of men have dicks at least 5.5" thick. The odds of a colour blind person having a thick dick aren't any higher than anyone else. The interesting thing in statistics is how much less likely it becomes very quickly when you combine it together. The odds of someone being both colour-blind and having a 5.5" thick one are 0.25% -- 1 in 400.

While colour blindness probably has no correlation to dick girth, dick length probably has some correlation. If a guy has a thick dick he's probably more likely that it be longer too, but there are plenty of thick shorter dicks out there too. You'd need to actually check the original data to find how closely correlated they are.

17. B_duanculo

B_duanculo New Member

if only average girth was really 4. seriously doubt it

18. Cylon No1

Cylon No1 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    No wonder they lost the war
    The French surgical Academy just released a study where it says an average penis measures between 9 and 9.5 cm (flacid) and 12,8 and 14, 5 (erect). Circumference would be 8,5/9 cm (flacid) to 10/10,5 cm when erect.

The study was carried out due to the apparent increase in men asking for penis enlargement surgery in recent years.

More info (in french) here: Pénis : La vérité sur la taille moyenne | France Soir

In English: The Local - It's official: French docs reveal 'normal' penis size[/QUOTE]

19. Cylon No1

Cylon No1 Well-Known Member

Albums:

Your dick would have looked good on the side of one of their tanks.!!the germans would have lost the war.!!!

20. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    It is always nice to know when you are above average in something.

Draft saved Draft deleted