The Friend Zone - Do Men Have One?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do men have a friend zone? I ask because I always thought they did, until recently when a few male friends said "No, absolutely not!" It seems the friend zone is strictly a woman thing. :confused: Who knew?

Apparently Chris Rock agrees, there is no such thing as a friend zone for men.

As much as I love Chris Rock, I have to disagree. My male friends are not just a "dick in a glass" for use "just in case." :tongue::rolleyes: Most of them are guys I have known since childhood, I think of them like brothers; or they are gay. It's not like I ever considered them as having boyfriend potential.

Men:
Do you have female friends?
Did you ever want to have sex with her?
If so, what changed your mind to no, she's in the "friend zone"?
Would you ever have sex with her if the chance presented itself?

Ladies:
Do you have male friends?
Did you ever want to have sex with him?
If so, what changed your mind to no, he's in the "friend zone"?
Would you ever have sex with him if the chance presented itself?

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes...many
Did you ever want to have sex with any of them?
The thought has crossed my mind now and then but...
Would you ever have sex with any of them if the chance presented itself?
No

D_Amyntas Lillydong

Account Disabled
Media
I have female friends. They are usually married or involved with someone. Sure I would like to have sex with some of them. I would fantasize about it. Then I'm reminded that for some women they want to have a connection with the person they're having sex with, not just having sex to have sex. So if I consider their friendship important enough to me, I'll try to respect them as friends. But as time goes on I seem to get to know them more as a person with feelings instead of something just to satisfy my dick with. Then it's too awkward, so they would have to be the aggressor then if they wanted sex. Makes sense?

kilteddong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Men:

*Yup, lot of female friends.
*Yup, lots of female friends I wanted to have sex with when I first met them. In fact that's probably what brought the two of us together in the first place.
*What changed my mind was that with some they eventually became like a sister to me so the sex "thing" was out off my mind by then.
*Nope. There are some I would definitely not have sex with because I value our relationships too much to jeapordise.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Do you have male friends? yes
Did you ever want to have sex with him? yeah and I did
If so, what changed your mind to no, he's in the "friend zone"? Nothing, I'm an equal opportunity fucker
Would you ever have sex with him if the chance presented itself? always

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men:
I don't have any one-on-one female friends in real life. I mean like call them up and do something together or just talk. I have other female friends that are more in a group of friends but we only hang out in the group.

I think if I ever make an attempt to become closer to a girl, she takes that as a come on. If I don't like her sexually but she likes me sexually, then it's just awkward. And even if I say I just want to be friends, then she thinks I don't really mean it, since women know "all guys are always looking for sex." She may take that as I'm playing with her or something or get offended that I wouldn't like her. If I like her sexually and she doesn't like me, then she wouldn't become my friend for fear of the drama and doesn't want to lead me on...kind of like the reverse situation.

I wish I did have more real life female friends. I don't have many common interest type activities with girls it seems.

I don't seem to ever approach a girl thinking I like her only to later put her in the friend zone. Maybe "friend" is the wrong word. When I hear that, I think friend, but it's more used as anyone that is not a potential lover. I don't think people that get put into the friend zone actually end up friends. I guess I take words too literally. :redface:

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men:
Do you have female friends? Lots. Most of my friends, in fact, are ladies.
Did you ever want to have sex with her? Some of them, yeah.
If so, what changed your mind to no, she's in the "friend zone"? Boyfriends, various situational restraints, realization of crappy personality... or, most commonly, I just can't see myself being with them.
Would you ever have sex with her if the chance presented itself? With a "friend zoner"? Meh. Maybe. (There are stories behind that answer. Hehe)... Usually not, though.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you have female friends? : oh, hell yeah. i have lots and lots of female friends. In high school and in college now, there was always more females than males. Anyways, i have a very close friend now with who i've been friends with since grade one. We've always been close...

Did you ever want to have sex with her? : NO! haha, but i can't say i haven't thought about it. Maybe a fleeting thought but then quickly reminding my self about how i feel about her.

Would you ever have sex with her if the chance presented itself?: nope. it would be like commiting incest. i've never really felt a sexual attraction to her. it just would be so odd!

I'm sure that guys have "friend zones". I'm not sure if things are different because i'm a bi guy, but i have people who are in the "friend zone". Even other guys. It's just how i feel. Maybe it's different for straight guys?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Men:
Quite a Few
Couple of them .. but overall not really
Just a desire for a Platonic Relationship with the Ladys
Would you ever have sex with her if the chance presented itself? With a "friend zoner"?
NO not really.
enz

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes i have female friends that are in the friend zone.
what put them there is the fact that i am not wholly attracted to them.
but am attracted to the mind and spirit of them...i could not have sex with them.
they become like sisters to me.

i like my female friends to be like guys a little bit.
they can fart,belch,swear,sweat,piss,smoke and drink.

however for sex, i like mousy quiet shy girls,
i like to inspire sexual exploration,and be a guide.
soon they start farting,belching,swearing,sweating,pissing
smoking and drinking.

i love it.
:redface:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that many men have a friend zone. Before I knew that I was gay, I used to flirt with and date women. Only rarely did we hook up, but we always had a lot of fun. A few of them became really good long-term friends. I have straight male friends that have straight female friends, and it works okay for some of them. One of my guy friends is like CHRIS ROCK and believes he can't be a woman's friend. He sees them as only being sex objects. Interesting perception.

On another note, most of my male friends are straight. There are a few I'd like to hook up with, but being that they are straight, I'd never initiate anything. I wouldn't want to risk the friendship for a roll in the sack.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Men:
Yes, I do have a lot of female friends.
No. All because the chance of getting pregnant. I am not interested in being a father.

No, same reason. I also consider a woman's feelings. I don't lead any woman on. I think that it is wrong to do so.

chiefone4u

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
the majority of my friends are female
Did you ever want to have sex with any of them?
a few of them I introduced myself to in hopes of getting some...
Would you ever have sex with any of them if the chance presented itself?
I have a few, that if the stars lined up right (some booze, both were single, both were horny, and she started it)... yeah... I think I'd go for it

TugGirl78

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ladies:
Do you have male friends?
Did you ever want to have sex with him?
If so, what changed your mind to no, he's in the "friend zone"?
Would you ever have sex with him if the chance presented itself?
Yes
Most of them, yes. Though not all.
Usually, they either got a gf or I just wasn't attracted to them sexually to begin with. Or I found him to be "too much of a nice guy to take to the sack".
I suppose I could change my mind if the situation presented itself but my thing is most of my male friends already have that option. So if the ones that I don't think of in that way expressed an interest in it, I would worry about it ruining the friendship because we didn't start off sex-based to begin with (if that makes any sense). It would be too much like screwing one's brother. :ugh:

Cant_Stop

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men:
Yes, i have tons of female friends, it's always nice to get their opinions on stuff and have something nice to look at while doing whatever.
Actually, every girlfriend except for one of them, was a friend for over a year or more before we ever did anything.
A lot of things changed so slow and fast at the same time it wasn't noticeable until later. First the frequency of us hanging out increased. small stuff like sitting closer and and more touching, nothing sexual though. Then finally, just a look you get then it happens right after that.
Would you ever have sex with her if the chance prese
Most of the time my friends are pretty hot, so yeah i would if it was just the right circumstances.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
see my answers below:

Men:
Do you have female friends? YES
Did you ever want to have sex with her? YES
If so, what changed your mind to no, she's in the "friend zone"? SHE'S MARRIED
Would you ever have sex with her if the chance presented itself? YEP, but she'd have to get divorced...

Personally, when I meet a female I pretty much know automatically whether I'm interested sexually or not...although there have been times when a woman I had put in the friend zone happened to escape! :hump: