"The fundamentals are strong" and now Mccain "helped create" the Blackberry!?!?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vindicator, Sep 16, 2008.

1. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    What is going on with Mccain!?

Yesterday is said the economic fundamentals are strong, and now today his campaign is claiming he "helped create" the Blackberry!?

Yesterdays comments about the economy was a HUGE fuck up. I don't understand how he could have said that. It will threaten his entire campaign. With all of the half truths and outright lies that have been verified by independent organizations that the Mccain campaign has been putting out, like the bridge to nowhere which Mrs. Palin claimed she told congress "thanks but no thanks to", when in actuality she was for the bridge until it became a political hot potato, at which point she was against it, but she still kept the hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars, to her saying she is against earmarks when she again took millions and millions of dollars in earmarks, this is pretty clear to people that Mccain is bullshitting them.

Gas at record highs then record lows, monthly bank collapses and a debt of $9 trillion dollars.... people can see with there own eyes the economy is not sound. The majority of financial people also disagree with Mccain.

If people start to believe Mccain is being dishonest about the economy, they will start to wonder if the other things Mccain has been saying might not be true as well....

Adviser calls BlackBerry 'miracle' McCain 'helped create' - CNN.com

2. lucky8

Gold Member

Sounds like he's taking a page outa Gore's book

3. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe he means the actual blackberry...ya know...the fruit.

4. Northland

Gold Member

He had to do something while he and Noah were on the ark waiting for the floodwaters to recede.

5. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Yes, the article does mention Gore and the internet as well.

But the difference is that while Gore never claimed to "invent" the internet, his legislation which sponsored the "Information Superhighway" as it was called at the time, was in fact what led to widespread expansion of what we now know as the Internet. Gore was talking about the Information Superhighway before the World Wide Web even existed.

The High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991, "The Gore Bill" is the single most important piece of legislation that allowed the infrastructure of the Internet to be laid including fibre optics. It also directly funded the creation of the Mosaic web browser which eventually became Netscape.

Al Gore and information technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So ya, i think Gore was COMPLETELY within line to claim that " I took the initiative in creating the Internet" because he did. He was the single loudest voice in the US to expand and grow the expansion. Even the creator of the WWW protocol gives him that...

"Internet pioneers Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn stated that "we don't think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he 'invented' the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet."[57][55] Cerf would also later state: "Al Gore had seen what happened with the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956, which his father introduced as a military bill. It was very powerful. Housing went up, suburban boom happened, everybody became mobile. Al was attuned to the power of networking much more than any of his elective colleagues. His initiatives led directly to the commercialization of the Internet. So he really does deserve credit."

So i fail to see how Gore's years of promoting the internet, versus the Mccain's campaign which claimed he "helped created" the Blackberry are remotely similar. One is factually correct and backed up by the main players of the Internet, and the other is just completely baseless.

To add to it, the Blackberry isn't even an American invention. It's developed by Research In Motion (RIM), a Canadian company out of Waterloo, Ontario.

6. lucky8

Gold Member

I think you're taking me to seriously

7. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wonder what they have to say about this!

8. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Ya, i heard they were NOT happy... :wink:

9. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Natch'...haven't ya heard?? He's a maverick.

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Sorry for posting my thread... somehow I overlooked this one. Anyway... I had no idea what a Thomas Edison, McCain is... maybe he can invent a way to win an election without lying through your teeth, next? :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted