The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is no debate, bible verses about msm were written about married men who cheated on their wives with other men, practiced the occult and idolatry, pauls letters to the church regarding msm were written about male teachers who molested the young boys they mentored.

Now i love the man sex but im not married to a woman, dont worship the goddess of fertility nor do i touch the kiddies. So im gucci. :)

Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm so tired of "the gay debate"! I was raised in a Christian household and we went to church and served in our church every Sunday. I was taught that God forbids the practice and the thought of homosexuality. Of course as a young person I was conflicted with that teaching because I knew I was gay from a young age. I used to pray and cry almost every night in high school and ask God to take my feelings toward men away. I remained a virgin until college and make some poor sexual decisions, and I have to deal with those decisions for the rest of my life. But I think if my parents had accepted me and told me they loved me regardless of my sexuality, then I would have been better off. I think they would have loved me enough to explain to me that everyone is different and no matter what kind of sex I would decide to engage in that I should make the safest and smartest choices regarding it. I was very uneducated about male to male sex and being a black man, that was't good at all. I think God loves us, the bible is very confusing, and it's our responsibility to teach safe sex first and then sort out all the other stuff later.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if you don't watch the video then don't comment. this thread is about the video and open to people who viewed it.

i know it may seem harsh but i dont want this to be a debate cause the debate is made... you just have to watch it.

blackfan

Sexy Member
Media
I am sorry to black and white this one so early, and speaking as a heterosexual man myself, but I sincerely have to doubt the sanity of anyone who believes ANY of this planet's so-called sacred texts and their "teachings" on any subject.
Bottom line people - there is not now and there never has been any god, ever.
This is the same delusional rubbish that is responsible for so many unnecessary deaths in the name of god-images and god-teachings across the world.
How about we all just grow up and accept the responsibility for our actions while we are alive on this planet ?
And by the way, there are no ghosts and astrology and psychiatry are, respectively, utter twaddle and a pseudo-science.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm so tired of "the gay debate"! I was raised in a Christian household and we went to church and served in our church every Sunday. I was taught that God forbids the practice and the thought of homosexuality. Of course as a young person I was conflicted with that teaching because I knew I was gay from a young age. I used to pray and cry almost every night in high school and ask God to take my feelings toward men away. I remained a virgin until college and make some poor sexual decisions, and I have to deal with those decisions for the rest of my life. But I think if my parents had accepted me and told me they loved me regardless of my sexuality, then I would have been better off. I think they would have loved me enough to explain to me that everyone is different and no matter what kind of sex I would decide to engage in that I should make the safest and smartest choices regarding it. I was very uneducated about male to male sex and being a black man, that was't good at all. I think God loves us, the bible is very confusing, and it's our responsibility to teach safe sex first and then sort out all the other stuff later.
The men who scribbled the 'bible' weren't saints. No such thing as a saint. Humans are not saints. They weren't anymore than you or me. They didn't and still don't know anymore about who or what God is or might be any more than we do. How could they? I think Moses was smokin' the really good stuff.......:smokin:......Remember, they've been growing opium poppies over there for thousands of years. Ironic how 3 of the worlds greatest religions sprang from the same part of the world.....:smokin:.......and the same fucked-up people as they still are today....Just my opinion.

Last edited:

I'm not gay. Or religious, which is different to spiritual. I don't get all the battle with the church thing. If the hardliners, or the established traditional thinking churches believe what they believe, why fight it? Why waste the energy on trying to change their point of view? Why not just start a seperate church like they did? A legitimate church were gay beliefs, ideals etcetera are accepted along with spiritual or religious beliefs. A place where the energy put into establishment, not wasted on ignorance.

Or is it that if this is done there may be a hostile reaction from society against the formation of a seperate church? Just questions.

I skipped through the vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Media
I took the time to watch this video. It is worth the time.

Six biblical passages that the Christian community uses as justification for discrimination against homosexuality and same sex marriage are presented and discussed in great detail by Mr. Vines. His approach is compelling, well-presented, and thought-provoking..

For those that need the "readers digest version," try the following and then consider going back and viewing the full video.

The Gay Debate Made Easy - YouTube

Thanks for posting the video, Chairman Meow.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For those that need the "readers digest version," try the following and then consider going back and viewing the full video.

The Gay Debate Made Easy - YouTube

Thanks for that, looks real interesting
Admit i was refraining from the full on version, but will now
just my usual problem of totally understanding it all, will be the nuisance factor ha

New church of the LPSgians. Father Pecker, Father Nudey and Sister Kotanshu Blessu. God can be Rob.

Hotlatbtm

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There IS no debate. The bible condemns it period. I disagree with it entirely. All the verses and things about it were ' written' over three thousand years ago. How would something written THAT long ago be 'relevant' today ? It's incredible to think that some 'think' it does !

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes, an amazing and heartfelt video...what he says at about 8 minutes into the video is as truthful of the gay experience I have ever heard.

What I was most impressed about was his honesty and his sensitivity. He says at about 8 minutes into that he would never choose to be gay. Not because its necessarily a bad thing..but that it's inconvenient, painful and isolating.

Anyone who can speak truthfully about their vulnerabilities without self-pity, like this guy does, to me does so much more for general public understanding the gay population, then the seemingly more popular militaristic, in-your-face,
"I'm gay, get use to it" approach. But hey, each person should have the right to follow the course what they think is best.