The "gay panic" defense

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"Gay panic" is exactly the pile of crap that you characterized it as, Deep. It's an "out" to allow juries to tacitly acknowledge their own homophobia by giving the murderer a ticket out. Horrifying in this day and age.

And in reference to Matthew Shepard, please allow me to be pretentious a moment if you will.

American Triangle

Seen him playing in his backyard
Young boy just starting out
So much history in this landscape
So much confusion, so much doubt

Been there drinking on that front porch
Angry kids mean and dumb
Looks like a painting that blue skyline
"God hates fags where we come from"

Western skies don't make it right
Home of the brave don't make no sense
I've seen a scarecrow wrapped in wire
Left to die on a high ridge fence
It's a cold, cold wind, it's a cold, cold wind
It's a cold wind blowing, Wyoming

See two coyotes running down a deer
Hate what we don't understand
You pioneers give us your children
But it's your blood that stains their hands

Somewhere that road forks up ahead
To Ignorance and innocence
Three lives drift on different winds
Two lives ruined one life spent

(B. Taupin)

major_7

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jun 14 2005, 09:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jun 14 2005, 09:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jun 14 2005, 05:29 PM
Look out. Kids with persecution complexes like to bring guns to school.
[post=320638]Quoted post[/post]​
LOL. ...don&#39;t worry, I&#39;ll stick to birds and squirrels. :p
[post=320684]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

"Murderers very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids." - Robert K. Ressler, FBI Serial Killer Profiler

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by major_7+Jun 15 2005, 03:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(major_7 &#064; Jun 15 2005, 03:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 14 2005, 09:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
@Jun 14 2005, 05:29 PM

"Murderers very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids." - Robert K. Ressler, FBI Serial Killer Profiler
[post=320715]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

and he&#39;s only 14, he&#39;s got plenty of time in an incubator like Texas. Wasn&#39;t it Ted Bundy that had a treasure chest of animal skulls buried in the park?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Jun 14 2005, 11:37 PM
I&#39;m gonna have to go against the grain here. I think its totally justified to kill a queer whos trying to hit on a straight guy. I mean come on&#33; This fucking faggot is making this poor defenseless staright guy question his masculinity and sexual identity, the bastards. It is a far worse crime to call into question someone&#39;s sense of machismo than to off a fucking butt-pirate. Those fuckers should burn their ass-poking dicks off&#33; Hrggggghhh, i fucking HATE fags&#33; what with their cute little asses shaking to and fro in front of my eyes, their fucking cute little lips that look so inviting&#33; ahhhh We need to kill all those dick-teasing ass-cakes&#33;
[post=320661]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, that made me wet.

major_7

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jun 14 2005, 11:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jun 14 2005, 11:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by major_7@Jun 15 2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 14 2005, 09:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
@Jun 14 2005, 05:29 PM

[post=320715]Quoted post[/post]​

and he&#39;s only 14, he&#39;s got plenty of time in an incubator like Texas. Wasn&#39;t it Ted Bundy that had a treasure chest of animal skulls buried in the park?
[post=320744]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I hope it&#39;s not a made-for-tv-miniseries waiting to happen.
I remember Texas quite vividly.

Supportive Female

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by major_7@Jun 15 2005, 12:31 AM
Texas.

http://www.aliciapatterson.org/APF1904/Bull/Bull.html

add to the list, my friend K. who was shot and killed 3 hours after one of our sunday softball games.

I hate homphobic assholes with every cell in my body.
[post=320757]Quoted post[/post]​

Over the years (decades), I&#39;ve been waiting for human enlightenment to reach a universal level, but it keeps eluding the public. In the early 1970&#39;s, I thought there was a blossoming of freedom of thought...only to see it trounced a few years later.

Not to offend anyone&#39;s religious beliefs, but organized religion seems to be one of the culprits. There are others, as well.

Perhaps this LPSG website (and others) will help to open minds; the faster, the better.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jun 15 2005, 03:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jun 15 2005, 03:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GottaBigOne@Jun 14 2005, 11:37 PM
I&#39;m gonna have to go against the grain here. I think its totally justified to kill a queer whos trying to hit on a straight guy. I mean come on&#33; This fucking faggot is making this poor defenseless staright guy question his masculinity and sexual identity, the bastards. It is a far worse crime to call into question someone&#39;s sense of machismo than to off a fucking butt-pirate. Those fuckers should burn their ass-poking dicks off&#33; Hrggggghhh, i fucking HATE fags&#33; what with their cute little asses shaking to and fro in front of my eyes, their fucking cute little lips that look so inviting&#33; ahhhh We need to kill all those dick-teasing ass-cakes&#33;

Damn, that made me wet.
[post=320745]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Anytime you need it baby, my bigotted alter ego is here to please.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by GottaBigOne+Jun 15 2005, 05:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottaBigOne &#064; Jun 15 2005, 05:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 15 2005, 03:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GottaBigOne
@Jun 14 2005, 11:37 PM

Damn, that made me wet.
[post=320745]Quoted post[/post]​
Anytime you need it baby, my bigotted alter ego is here to please.
[post=320784]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;m having enough trouble with the real guy, I couldn&#39;t take his evil twin.
*Madame Zora tucks tail between legs and hides*

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Major_7: Thank you for getting the point of the original post.

GBO: Thank you for knowing exactly when, where, and how to finesse some satire.

Supportive Female: Please keep in mind that you are sheltered and spoiled. Hanging out with this group, in general, can falsely lead you to believe that there exists more IQ "out there" than there really is. The general public is pretty stupid, don&#39;t expect enlightenment.

Chimera: It isn&#39;t really anti-Texas sentiment, just anti-idiot and anti-bigot sentiment. Bigots and jerks are everywhere, some are just more vocal and visible than others.

Madame: If you don&#39;t cease and desist immediately with your sexiness on MY posts, I will be forced to turn you over my knee and spank your bare ass until it is a nice, rosy pink. Just as long as you don&#39;t panic and kill me.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jun 15 2005, 01:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jun 15 2005, 01:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Supportive Female@Jun 15 2005, 12:03 AM
Over the years (decades), I&#39;ve been waiting for human enlightenment to reach a universal level, but it keeps eluding the public.
[post=320773]Quoted post[/post]​
If enlightenment means when people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions, amen, if it means someone&#39;s own self-indulgent opinion of enlightenment, no thank you.
[post=320774]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
It&#39;s funny, this is exactly what I have been saying all along, and one of the points of my original post for this thread. The problem is, too many in the religious/conservative/republican/right have an oddly skewed interpretation of "someone&#39;s own self-indulgent opinion of enlightenment." Most of us heathen/liberal/libertarian/left folks want simply to be left alone, and to leave others alone. Those on the other end of the scale, however, decide how they want us to act/not act, even in the privacy of our own homes. My idea of enlightenment? As long as it affects no others, it is your right. dubya&#39;s idea of enlightenment? As long as it conforms with his ideas and ideals, it is your right. I neither had, nor desired to have, any input concerning who dubya married or didn&#39;t marry. He wants to have control, however, over who I may or may not marry. Do you see a difference here?

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The June 21 issue of The Advocate has a very interesting article by George Michael in it. After reading some of the posts here, I recommend it highly.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 15 2005, 04:52 AM
Europe has some pretty strict gun laws, huh?
probably; I don&#39;t live in europe so I&#39;m not personally familiar with them. under current UK law the guns that I own would get me an automatic 10-year sentence without appeal, were they to be discovered by an officer of the law. but hey, you ain&#39;t one to let stupid shit like facts and the real world interfere with your retarded assumptions, so who cares?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 15 2005, 06:55 PM
You don&#39;t consider the UK a part of Europe?
[post=320913]Quoted post[/post]​
check your atlas, boss (the UK is the other side of the big blue thing from florida). you&#39;ll notice there&#39;s a sea between the UK and europe.

Supportive Female

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Jun 15 2005, 07:23 AM

Supportive Female: Please keep in mind that you are sheltered and spoiled.
[post=320812]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you for the flame.

If you could see an omnisciently created film of my (long) life, you would fall off the chair.

Literally.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Supportive Female+Jun 15 2005, 08:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supportive Female &#064; Jun 15 2005, 08:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@Jun 15 2005, 07:23 AM

Supportive Female:  Please keep in mind that you are sheltered and spoiled.
[post=320812]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you for the flame.

If you could see an omnisciently created film of my (long) life, you would fall off the chair.

Literally.
[post=321033]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
My sweet supportive female, there was no flame here. This was not in reference to your life in general, but to the fact that you (probably and obviously) surround yourself with free-thinking, intelligent individuals, including this forum. You have created a shelter around yourself that blocks the constant bombardment from the idiocy of the population at large, hence your faith (there, I used a naughty word) in the eventual enlightenment of the masses. And, it was just very slightly tongue-in-cheek. Would you rather I put my tongue elsewhere?