The Gay Question... Again... Still...

oneguy67

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think he's onto something...as an example, consider the sexuality continuum on this site and how many people fall in the middle!

Hunt3ed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
thick_1 ! I think you should re read that article. No where does it say that some people are born Gay. All the article says; is that being gay, heterosexual, or anything else in between is absolutley normal.

The point of interest is that only 10 percent of those surveyed could he classify as being wholy Gay, and only 10 percent of those surveyed could he classify as wholy straight. When it comes to sexuality and sexual orientation, most people (80 percent) were bisexual to a greater or leasser degree. The terminology "gay" or "straight" are just as the author states "Gay" and "straight" are misleading terms.

My Point of view is that you should be who you want to be, be happy with what ever form of sexuality you are comfortable with. I am Bisexual, I enjoy sex with men, I prefer living with and equally enjoy sex with women, as far as the statistics go that makes me absolutely normal, in the middle of the continuum, with a slight bias towards heterosexuality.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Are u saying some people are born gay?

thick_1 ! I think you should re read that article. No where does it say that some people are born Gay. All the article says; is that being gay, heterosexual, or anything else in between is absolutley normal.
The article does seem to imply that some people are born gay, even if it does not explicitly say so. Certainly other research points to that as fact. Perhaps this is why some people (like our president) are so leary of science: it provides factual basis for things they'd prefer to remain murky.

So, yes, I believe some people are born gay. However, whatever it is that has made them that way, why should I or anyone else feel compelled to abuse or otherwise mistreat them or deny them any outlet for their sexual orientation?

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can't see any biological influence on a person's sexuality personally. I believe it's purely nurture, not nature.
What compels you to say that? Are you basing this solely on your own personal experience, or have you read something that makes sense to you on the subject?

HiddenMind

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't see any biological influence on a person's sexuality personally. I believe it's purely nurture, not nature.

If that were true nobody would be gay! Nearly everybody is raised 'straight' yet there are still gay people. How do you work that one out then?

That's a great article, thanks for taking the time to post the link.

Jism

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Most guys have no problem with either homosexuality or heterosexuality. I am what you would call the masculine type.I balled with many guys.And sometimes with gays that are more so called straight than gay.We liked each other we got turnes on by each other and we got each other off.Seems totally natural

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some people have blue eyes...some people wear a blue contact for kicks sometimes...thats that...some guys like guys...same recessive trait as far as I'm concerned...and some guys that are straight enjoy sex and don't care about the other persons package...they are just sexual. The world worries over it and it is so pointless

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
What compels you to say that? Are you basing this solely on your own personal experience, or have you read something that makes sense to you on the subject?

If that were true nobody would be gay! Nearly everybody is raised 'straight' yet there are still gay people. How do you work that one out then?

Well what chemical reaction turns you gay? An increase in estrogen? Behave, that'd make you grow breasts and become more emotional.

But seriously what actual effects are proven to actually effect sexuality inside a person? None from what I can see, therefore I believe it is either a personal choice/belief or you've been bought up like that.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well what chemical reaction turns you gay? An increase in estrogen? Behave, that'd make you grow breasts and become more emotional.

But seriously what actual effects are proven to actually effect sexuality inside a person? None from what I can see, therefore I believe it is either a personal choice/belief or you've been bought up like that.
So, are you going to read what anyone has written after they've done research, or are you simply going to continue to depend on what strikes you as reasonable?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This topic comes up time and time again.

Unless it's proven that there is a gay gene or brain I cannot believe that people are born gay. I'm a skeptic and I need hard proof to believe something. The Flat Earth Society still believe the earth is flat. Some people believe aliens visited Roswell, NM in the 1940's. And there still are people who don't believe we landed on the moon. I believe the earth is round, I don't believe aliens visited Roswell, and I do believe that we landed on the moon. I'm also not convinced of global warming.

I think our sexuality is a combination of many things that stem from our childhood; how we were raised, our relationship with our parents, early sexual experiences, interactions with our peers, our schooling, and many, many things. But I also think it's very complex and we may never know or even understand the complexity of it. Some people consider themselves gay or straight based on who they have sex with but others don't. That in itself is confusing.

For example, this thread about a straight man trying gay sex. Personally, I thought it was fiction, but you never hear it the other way around.

http://www.lpsg.org/56983-my-first-gay-experience-straight-5.html

Where are all the gay men who have had gay sex their entire life and then try sex with a woman and say "That was awesome. No more men for me!" You don't. The straight man in that thread chose to have gay sex, and no that does not make him gay, but yet some will say that having even just one same sex experience makes one gay. Other people will say that our actions do not define our sexuality, so right there is a difference of opinion.

I was talking to this gay man one time, and he said he realized he was gay when he was 16. When I asked him how he knew it, he said something like(I'm paraphrasing) "I was always into women, but I couldn't get a girlfriend like my friends could. Women didn't find me attractive. So I started hanging with another group of guys who were gay and we started fooling around. I started enjoying it and after that I never bothered with women again." That sounds like a choice to me. It sounds to me that if this man had found a woman then he would have gone straight.

Obviously that's just one case, but it's interesting because he figured that at 16 if he couldn't get a girl so he couldn't be straight. Then he got guys to like him so he was gay.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obviously that's just one case, but it's interesting because he figured that at 16 he couldn't get a girl so he couldn't be straight. Then he got guys to like him so he was gay.

That is your take on the situation.

How about he tried sex with men because he hadn't had much success with women and realised how much he preffered it? Even then though he must have had some interest in trying gay sex. I've known a few very straight men who have little success with women but are not interested in men simply because they are straight.

Sorry I just don't buy your logic.

You are straight. You cannot presume what process a man goes through before he comes to terms with the fact that he is gay. Judging by your post history you don't want to understand because you've already made your mind up that they had arrived there by a process of choice.