The Good News Thread.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
On a day like today. This might be the kind of good news that makes the difference.

Physicists determine the optimal soap recipe for blowing gigantic bubbles

[ Everybody loves bubbles, regardless of age—the bigger the better. But to blow really big, world-record-scale bubbles requires a very precise bubble mixture. Physicists have determined that a key ingredient is mixing in polymers of varying strand lengths, according to a new paper in Physical Review Fluids. That produces a soap film able to stretch sufficiently thin to make a giant bubble without breaking. ]

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Next Generation of Greenhouses May Be Fully Solar Powered

[ Many greenhouses could become energy neutral by using see-through solar panels to harvest energy – primarily from the wavelengths of light that plants don’t use for photosynthesis. Those are the findings of a new modeling study conducted by engineering, plant biology and physics researchers at North Carolina State University. ]

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LISTEN

Critter of the Week: The black-billed gull

Critter of the Week: The black-billed gull

eight_col_Black-billed_gull.jpg

RNZ Audio Player

Reactions: spaj8987

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Might be good news for those hoping to maybe possibly one day drive long on electric cars.

DGIST - Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology

[ DGIST researchers are improving the performance of lithium-air batteries, bringing us closer to electric cars that can use oxygen to run longer before they need to recharge. In their latest study, published in the journal Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, they describe how they fabricated an electrode using nickel cobalt sulphide nanoflakes on a sulphur-doped graphene, leading to a long-life battery with high discharge capacity.

“The driving distance of electric cars running on lithium-ion batteries is about 300 kilometers,” says chemist Sangaraju Shanmugam of Korea’s Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology (DGIST). “This means it’s difficult to make a round trip between Seoul and Busan on these batteries. This has led to research on lithium-air batteries, due to their ability so store more energy and thus provide longer mileage.” ]

There are downsides of course but progress is still progress.

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Might be good news for those hoping to maybe possibly one day drive long on electric cars.

DGIST - Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology

[ DGIST researchers are improving the performance of lithium-air batteries, bringing us closer to electric cars that can use oxygen to run longer before they need to recharge. In their latest study, published in the journal Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, they describe how they fabricated an electrode using nickel cobalt sulphide nanoflakes on a sulphur-doped graphene, leading to a long-life battery with high discharge capacity.

“The driving distance of electric cars running on lithium-ion batteries is about 300 kilometers,” says chemist Sangaraju Shanmugam of Korea’s Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology (DGIST). “This means it’s difficult to make a round trip between Seoul and Busan on these batteries. This has led to research on lithium-air batteries, due to their ability so store more energy and thus provide longer mileage.” ]

There are downsides of course but progress is still progress.

of interest as most info is
but
afraid my driving days are over,no problems tho
happy to keep in touch with whats happening, new developments etc
smile

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
There have been a few songs named Good News. I admit this is my favorite

Well here's some mo good news for ya. :)

Canadian Scientists Pioneer Mask That Kills Viruses In Mere Minutes

[ Canadian researchers are putting the finishing touches on a face mask that will destroy, not spread, at least three different flu viruses.

The new and improved surgical masks, and first of their kind in the world, will very likely work on the coronavirus, said biomedical engineer Prof. Hyo-Jick Choi at the University of Alberta.

The masks are expected to be on the market as early as 2021.

His lab hasn’t tested the coronavirus yet because it’s difficult to get a hold of, but the masks have decimated comparably “hard and big and strong pathogens,” Choi told HuffPost Canada. ]

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ps
he/she lived on the island i called home
lying under a tree reading a book,one day
a mother kaka hopped along and brought her youngster out on the branch above me
unafraid by humans,because we have not had a chance to threaten them
and it was obvious
she was trying to teach him/her to fly, wings flapping etc
nature,in all its glory

Last edited:

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Might as well start hitting up this thread again. I mean i do still think it's needed. Anyway, here's something that i think is oddly good news or good news that for negative reasons isn't all that expected.

And having had women say this or some variation of it i think that science confirming it is good news. Kind of in a way give credence to not so good news that women are automatically unbelieved a lot of times.

Smelling your lover’s shirt could improve your sleep

[ The scent of a romantic partner can improve sleep, suggests new psychology research from the University of British Columbia.

The researchers found that study participants who were exposed to their partner’s scent overnight experienced better sleep quality, even though their partner was not physically present.

“Our findings provide new evidence that merely sleeping with a partner’s scent improves sleep efficiency. Our participants had an average sleep efficiency improvement of more than two per cent,” said Marlise Hofer, the study’s lead author and a graduate student in the UBC department of psychology. “We saw an effect similar in size to what has been reported from taking oral melatonin supplements – often used as a sleep aid.” ]

ArtAppreciation

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Reactions: g0nz0 and spaj8987

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@ArtAppreciation @rbkwp

I appreciate you guys indulging me. But threads like this aren't what lpsg is about. As far as i can tell, never has been, isn't and never will be. Thank you for the kinds words.

With that said. Could you guys like not bump this or any of the threads i created outside of the politics section. And let them die a natural death. Really. I wouldn't be saying this if i didn't think it.

Also, can a mod maybe delete this thread for me? I would be very appreciative if you did.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@ArtAppreciation @rbkwp

I appreciate you guys indulging me. But threads like this aren't what lpsg is about. As far as i can tell, never has been, isn't and never will be. Thank you for the kinds words.

With that said. Could you guys like not bump this or any of the threads i created outside of the politics section. And let them die a natural death. Really. I wouldn't be saying this if i didn't think it.

Also, can a mod maybe delete this thread for me? I would be very appreciative if you did.

that wont happen
i will place what i want as per subject title

your most welcome to beg for a mod/the owner to remove the thread no problems

thinking
i can be just as righteous as anyone
because i can

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@rbkwp Fare enough. I do feel the need to warn you. If you get on certain lpsgers bad side. Threads like this won't help. This kind of content isn't what lpsg wants.

LPSG wants it all, dude.

This thread is more than welcome. You don't have to participate in it anymore, but if others want to, they can. The thread isn't going anywhere just because you don't want it to exist anymore. It isn't "yours"

Let it be. Let members do what they want with their time here.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@rbkwp This kind of content isn't what lpsg wants.

You need to get out of the politics section and surf the rest of the site. I don't know what you think LPSG is but from your posts and your approach to things I don't think you know what LPSG is. It's a place to enjoy yourself. Your view is skewed because you spend most of your time in the LPSG sewers lol ;)

LPSG has been around for 20 years and continues to grow. It's done that by providing value and happiness to a lot of members.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
@Mr. LPSG No. I need to stay in the politics section. Since the threads i created, commented in and supported in general didn't matter when it came down for you and others to begin considering what type of person i was and am.

This thread IS or WAS my approach to things. And that didn't matter. The overall context of the threads i created and comments i've made also didn't matter when it came down to you and others making judgments about me.