The good, the bad and the ugly.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What do you think the general good and bad points of either being single or in a relationship are...

As a single guy, one of the biggest good points is that I'm free to go where I want, when I want and never have to plan around someone else. Selfish but very true as i love freedom and independence.

The bad points are, like the line from EastEnders this evening, the days can seem like your just stuck in a long que with nothing better to do.

What do you guys think?

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a single guy, the positives are: strange tail, freedom to do/be/act as I see fit, not to have to attend weddings and other family functions of people I dont know, not having to pander to someones insecurities, not being at the mercy of someone elses mood or time of the month, I can watch what I want, eat what I want, dress how I want, flirt how I want, clean and do household chores on MY schedule, not talk on the phone three hours a day about nothing, not be set up on play dates with her friends boyfriends, not have to make plans all the time, use the entire bed, watch tv in my boxers, and drink out of the carton.

Negatives: Having to do my own laundry and dishes, going a few days without getting laid, not being able to confide in and connect with someone, not having someone to share my dreams and goals with, and not being able to grind my morning wood into her ass when I wake up.

Edit: a second person helping with household bills would be great also.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a single guy, the positives are: strange tail, freedom to do/be/act as I see fit, not to have to attend weddings and other family functions of people I dont know, not having to pander to someones insecurities, not being at the mercy of someone elses mood or time of the month, I can watch what I want, eat what I want, dress how I want, flirt how I want, clean and do household chores on MY schedule, not talk on the phone three hours a day about nothing, not be set up on play dates with her friends boyfriends, not have to make plans all the time, use the entire bed, watch tv in my boxers, and drink out of the carton.

Negatives: Having to do my own laundry and dishes, going a few days without getting laid, not being able to confide in and connect with someone, not having someone to share my dreams and goals with, and not being able to grind my morning wood into her ass when I wake up.

My laundry and dishes are done by somebody else, I keep my bills low, if in the mood to do so, I can always find somebody to give me a BJ at night and in the morning, so ... no negatives in being single :)

IdahoTom

Just Browsing
Media
The independence, simplicity and freedom of being single is great. There is so much Ugly that it never ceased to amaze me why on earth these couples got together. I would ask people and get responses such as: "she was hot", "I didn’t want to be alone", "wanted kids and needed a father", "money", "convenient", "what else should I do". Lonely is one thing, arguing is worse.

If you are thinking of hitching: Wait for someone whom you like and respect. They must like and respect you. Neither should try to change each other – it’s hard enough to change yourself. No one should try to posses the other though loyalty is a must. You need some common goals and interests and it is often easier to be with someone with similar cultural background. There is probably much more to add.

I eventually married and am glad even though it is work. She was and is my best friend – so in short ‘marry your best friend’.

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

I tend to agree with IdahoTom, I've seen to many friends get with some one only to breakup after a yr or two, for all different reasons but most come down to trying to change the other person, which is not going to happen, it a shame really but it happens all the time.

Thank You.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jack and Tom certainly have hit the nail on the head.

Life is a challenge. No one will live through it, but in the meantime, enjoy it and take every opportunity to have fun.

Most of us do have to be employed or have been employed to have the resources to have fun. This is but one of the many challenges we all face.

In the meantime, have a Good Day, a Good Year and continue to enjoy life.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media

you nailed it.perfectly my man....couldn't have said it better myself!!

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is he the english rugby dude on here? If so, bloody hell he's beautiful. He can have his girlfriend, im small, i don't take up much room at the foot of the bed, lol.

Dude. He likes his cocks big, manly and circumcised. So you gonner have to give up a lot more than just your bed space if you wanna attract his attention!

:eek:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The best part about being single is not being married.

The best part about being married is not being single.

(BTW Rugbypup, you have an adorable avatar)

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
lol, i know, was just a fantasy. Men like that dont give a second glance to guys like me. He is clearly, offically so far out of my league aways, he might as well be a woman, lol.

Still he's a good looking bloke and i know he's big on the cut, big and manly front too, lol. So im completly out of the running, lol.

But hey, who says we can't dream, even if the price we pay is to wake.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
The best part of being single.. is quite obviously everything... I've been in one relationship that lasted like 23 hours... I hate it. I hate the idea of having to go home to the same person, getting to know them through and through and then being bored cause there is nothing more to know. Having them either not please you in bed.. or you not please them. Bad habits like smoking, nail biting, etc. ugh why bother dealing with that.

I think some people are best suited to be alone, I for one think I'm one of those people.. I may have the most desirable personality, body, etc... but I don't think I could be happy in a relationship.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always find I crave the opposite of what I have at the moment. If I'm single I wish I was with someone because I like companionship and regular sex, and if I'm taken I just want to go out with the boys and have a good time drinking or whatever. So as it stands I really don't prefer one over the other as they both have their plusses and minuses, and I think understanding that is a big part of being happy. The realization of 'either way is okay' is important. I meet tons of people who feel lonely and incomplete while I'm lumped with some mediocre girl, and then I think 'well fuck this, I'd actually rather be in your shoes.' Maybe I'm only saying this because I've had so-so relationships up til now. It's probably different if and when you find the love of your life.