The gop war on women's right to obtain a legal abortion continues.

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Why ANY woman in ANY state would vote GOP is beyond all logic and reasoning. I rationalize that behavior in so much that women who do vote GOP are a direct correlation to just how successful the GOP has been to brainwash both sexes with their craziness and patriarchy -- i.e. everyone is subjugate to white men. And btw, I'm a successful white man! However, I grew up very poor and I saw first hand how the Republican powers want nothing more than to keep all but the chosen few down, out and uneducated. Why? Because the GOP power brokers do not believe ANYONE -- especially poor people and women -- has the right to question their self-entitled authority.

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In regards to abortion: The GOP are birthers, indeed -- in this case that means they believe in giving birth but they DO NOT believe in providing any level of kindness should that child need assistance in being healthy in any shape or form. And furthermore: the right for a woman to have an abortion is about the woman having the right to choose...and men should get smart about this issue because that ruling allows all of us as individuals to maintain control of our bodies versus letting the state decide issues for or against it. This applies only to adults, for as we know there are precedent court cases where parents have been forced to abide by a court ruling regarding the health and welfare and safety of their children -- i.e. a court can make parents seek cancer treatments, etc. for children -- because children are technically wards of the state.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
The doc at one clinic in Ft Worth was Adam West.
His name was on the building. I passed it weekly for decades. It always made me smile.

That clinic and many like it are gone.
Women are being treated like children via legislation, and it has to stop.
Against abortion? Don't get one/cause one.
But GTFO my privates.

Where is the Louisiana Case? If it gets heard, and overturned, it will nullify all these Texas Tactic style laws.

Media
Perhaps when the Religious Wrong are no longer courted by unscrupulous politicians in search of votes, when this country returns to separation of church and state, when religious institutions are taxed for violating the previous, when logic prevails over stupidity, will this finally be restored. Regardless how you feel about abortion, it is a woman's right. Perhaps we need to have female politicians make all decisions in regards to men's reproductive issues. The old misogynsts of the GOP are fortunately dying out.

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Perhaps when the Religious Wrong are no longer courted by unscrupulous politicians in search of votes, when this country returns to separation of church and state, when religious institutions are taxed for violating the previous, when logic prevails over stupidity, will this finally be restored. Regardless how you feel about abortion, it is a woman's right. Perhaps we need to have female politicians make all decisions in regards to men's reproductive issues. The old misogynsts of the GOP are fortunately dying out.

Well said. It is amazing to me how many actually do not know that we are a nation founded on separation of church and state!!!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

Unfortunately, the Bro Culture is poised to take up their causes, without interruption.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Until people keep writing religion into laws you'll never have truly equitable laws. Don't tell me there's no state religion. I used to live in Texas, and if you're not Christian you might as well just leave.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Until people keep writing religion into laws you'll never have truly equitable laws. Don't tell me there's no state religion. I used to live in Texas, and if you're not Christian you might as well just leave.

So I sent an angry email to our Lt Governor over his hate-filled rhetoric on trans rights.

Know what the fucker did? Added me to his goddamn supporters mailing list. So now I'm getting all kinds of pro-GOP shit in my inbox.

Maximum trolling :p

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Will you share the email text? I'd like to all but mail bomb him.

I sent it to his government email address. I checked the mail more closely and it's his Lt governor's newsletter (not other random GOP stuff). Still though, I didn't ask to be put on the list (it's more of the same hate speech).

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I sent an angry email to our Lt Governor over his hate-filled rhetoric on trans rights.

Know what the fucker did? Added me to his goddamn supporters mailing list. So now I'm getting all kinds of pro-GOP shit in my inbox.

Maximum trolling :p

If it's a true supporters mailing list then it's a violation. If it's an information mailing list then they got you. In either case, there should be a way to get off of it like Scarlet said.

I'd never move back to Texas. I may move back to Austin one day. Austin is a city that happens to be surrounded by Texas.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think Sixth Street would not be a good fit for hipsters, at least not he Sixth Street I used to know.

Sad to hear it might have changed.