The Gospel According to Santorum

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ironic that Rick was talking today about how America faces challenges similar to the ones they faced in WWII ...

How does this guy get to be a leading candidate for POTUS?

How, is because this guy and what he says is the very embodiment of conservative Republican ideology.

One must realize that Republicans voted for Romney not because his views aligned with theirs (their voters said up front that he wasn't conservative enough for them), but because some Republican voters feared that a candidate that truly represented their own myopic take on the world would be unelectable.

Apparently now they no longer fear that eventuality, for whatever reasons: Maybe they feel that the rest of us will sit around and let a crackpot gain the presidency, that Obama has lost his base of support, that the majority of Americans are thinking along the same lines, that they'll be able to disenfranchise thousands of would be Obama voters by various manipulations of the registry while the rest will simply be too apathetic to care to go to the polls.

But one thing Santorum does do for the rest of us is he unmasks the conservative Republican mindset for us to see it as it is, undisguised, in all its "glory".

If there is a Satan at work here, as Santorum has suggested in one of his most recent "revelations", he works not among those of us who they'd have us believe, I think.

Run, Santorum, run.

Last edited:

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can do you one better with Santorum's unique sense of logic: in the Arizona Primary Debate last night, he somehow tried to make the case that Obama's attempt at requiring that health care plans contain provisions for paying for doctor prescribed birth control would add to the prolems in America stemming from single parent households. When I heard him, I was like WTF?! Could there be anything less logical? Of course none of his fellow Republicans called him on it directly, although Ron Paul dissented from that general perspective when he had his chance to address the question about birth control. How whack is that, Ron Paul standing out from the crowd because he's espousing the least radical perspectives. . .

I'm from Pennsylvania, where Santorum was booted out from his Senate seat by a landslide for a somewhat mediocre Democratic oponent. I'm frothing at the mouth in anticipation of him being the Republican nominee and being in situations where he can't get away with his combination of twisted logic and lies about Obama, without being exposed for what he is and what he says. That's pretty much what happened in Pennsylvania.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can do you one better with Santorum's unique sense of logic: in the Arizona Primary Debate last night, he somehow tried to make the case that Obama's attempt at requiring that health care plans contain provisions for paying for doctor prescribed birth control would add to the prolems in America stemming from single parent households. When I heard him, I was like WTF?! Could there be anything less logical?

Aw, come on, it's simple: birth control makes you have more sex (and therefore more babies).

That's why no one ever got horny before the Pill.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
So with all the knowledge here. How is the country doing right now? It appears to me that people are standing behind their favorite puppet. Doesn't really matter what side of the aisle you're on.
Whatever folks keep your dreams alive.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I find it strange that having been raised Catholic in an overwhelmingly Catholic country, I find Santorum's brand of Catholism to be very foreign and creepy.

LetsGo2007

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, Santorum is pretty out there. He's spouting everything I heard back in Baptist school back in the 80's during the rise of the moral majority. It was scary then too. But as crazy as Rick is, have you heard the stuff Newt has been saying? YIKES!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah, Santorum is pretty out there. He's spouting everything I heard back in Baptist school back in the 80's during the rise of the moral majority. It was scary then too. But as crazy as Rick is, have you heard the stuff Newt has been saying? YIKES!

Well, Newt's people have realized crazy gets votes, so....

For instance, if we allow Santorum's statements even some degree of analysis, in spite of the rambling lunacy of his diatribe, it would seem that the basis of his argument is that Obama and "the left" are imposing a doctrine (according to Santorum) contrary to church doctrine, in that Obama (and the left) don't support legislation on the federal level based on church doctrine, presumably, since that is what he cites as the bone of their contention.

The gist of it all being, THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, simply put. That time honored doctrine established by our "founding fathers" was a grossly misguided concept, apparently.

Seems to me that if people are allowed to make certain personal choices (re. contraception or abortion for example) because no law forbids them, that person still has the option (if not the duty) to exercise his or her "religious freedom" and follow the doctrine of their church, don't they?

So how does NO law impose a "doctrine" or a "theology" over that of any church? How does it undermine "religious freedom"? It's all just twisted, dumb-ass bullshit, Santorum style.

No, the "religious freedom" they're speaking of is THEIR freedom to legislate morality, contraception, abortion, marriage law, what defines a family, what gets taught in our schools (creationism), everything, from the pulpit of the Oval Office.

Don't take my word for it. Check the party platform. If you can find it.

Run, Rick, run.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
More inSANiTy:

World News - Santorum comments on forced euthanasia cause stir in Netherlands

Santorum:

“They have voluntary euthanasia in the Netherlands, but half the people who are euthanized ...are euthanized involuntarily in hospitals, because they are older and sick,”

Santorum also said some Dutch wear bracelets saying, “Don’t euthanize me.”

FactCheck.org, a nonpartisan project that monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by U.S. politicians, said Santorum “grossly mischaracterized” euthanasia practices in the Netherlands.

FactCheck.org said Santorum’s claims that the elderly are being killed against their will and wear “do not euthanize me” bracelets are false.

Yep.... and Soylent Green is people.

...run, Rick, run.

Last edited:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Santorum has just proclaimed that the separation of church and state "is not absolute". Were he to get the nomination, and I really don't think he will, the independants will be running from him in droves and he will not be able to win over very many conservative democrats. He gets scarier with every utterance. I so hope he wins Michigan and Arizona on Tuesday.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Now he is calling Obama a "snob" because he wants kids to go to college. :rolleyes:

Appearing at a campaign stop in Troy, Michigan, Santorum--his voice thick with derision--said on Saturday: "President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob. There are good, decent men and women who go out and work hard everyday and put their skills to test that aren't taught by some liberal college professor that [tries] to indoctrinate them."
Santorum: Obama is ‘a snob’ who ‘wants everybody to go to college’ | The Raw Story

Santorum has a B.A. an MBA and a J.D.

“Oh, I understand why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image. I want to create jobs so people can remake their children into their image, not his.”

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I think he may be starting to scare the republican voters in Arizona and Michigan. Though in a statistical tie with Romney in those States, the trend seems to moving in Romney's direction. Santorum may have overplayer the social ultra-conservative hand.