The grand old party

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sadly they don't recognize or grasp that they are largely, uniformly ignored by veterans who are familiar with the batshit behavior,,,

Then by all means, you and your ilk have my permission to CONTINUE to ignore it, just like most of you ignore every other social issue of concern that's contrary to your own narrow minded right winged perspective.

Yet you have the audacity to write some bullshit like how Muslims haven't condemned acts of terrorism enough to your liking or how black celebrities are responsible for keeping black people in check or how minorities being indiscriminately stopped and frisked for NO reason other than being a minority should just "cooperate more."

Hey, I GET it. If YOU can't dispute the documented EVIDENCE of the mean spirited, short sighted, narrow minded policies and actions of the Republican Party conducted AGAINST the American people, in favor of the wealthy FEW, then "shoot the messenger."

Although you COULD'VE saved a lot of time by just calling it all "fake news"... like YOUR beloved asshole leader does.

D

deleted15807

Contrast that word salad with a paragraph from a 1992 Charlie Rose interview:
“Ross Perot, he made some monumental mistakes. Had he not dropped out of the election, had he not made the gaffes about the watch dogs and the guard dogs, if he didn’t have three or four bad days — and they were real bad days — he could have conceivably won this crazy election.”

Trump wasn’t always so linguistically challenged. What could explain the change?

It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice:

“ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech.

STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain.
https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/donald-trump-speaking-style-interviews/

I am certain he is pre-dementia and/or alzheimer's. Once the inevitable diagnosis occurs his supporters and the country is going to look like even bigger fools to the world than we already are.

Then by all means, you and your ilk have my permission to CONTINUE to ignore it, just like most of you ignore every other social issue of concern that's contrary to your own narrow minded right winged perspective.

They are straight up crystal clear tribalists. There is a certain inability to view the world for three seconds outside their world or through the lense of someone else not in their tribe. It's an amazing disability to watch.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I am certain he is pre-dementia and/or alzheimer's. Once the inevitable diagnosis occurs his supporters and the country is going to look like even bigger fools to the world than we already are.

They are straight up crystal clear tribalists. There is a certain inability to view the world for three seconds outside their world or through the lense of someone else not in their tribe. It's an amazing disability to watch.

I think the only dementia he suffers from is the "dementia" that afflicts MOST pompous assed, conceited, self aggrandizing b-----------ds who use money and influence to "have it their way" and who believe they're right about everything and everyone else is wrong.

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

"you and your ilk"

". . . just like most of you ignore every other social issue of."

"Yet you have the audacity to write some bullshit like how . . ."
So you appear to be offended that my "ilk" and I don't jump on the bandwagon to debate and choose to ignore all the social issues YOU feel we should, the ones YOU chose to be as the most important, those YOU find most near and dear to your agenda.

And then go on to say I have the audacity to express my opinion. Lol. Got it. You're too much BC.

Back to the echo chamber....

Last edited:
D

deleted37010

So you appear to be offended that my "ilk" and I don't jump on the bandwagon to debate and choose to ignore all the social issues YOU feel we should, the ones YOU chose to be as the most important, those YOU find most near and dear to your agenda.

And then go on to say I have the audacity to express my opinion. Lol. Got it. You're too much BC.

Lies my Teachers Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, by James W. Loewen
"Textbooks stifle meaning by suppressing causation. Students exit history textbooks without having developed the ability to think coherently about social life.

Our teachers and our textbooks still leave out most of what we need to know about the American past. Some of the factoids they present are flatly wrong or unverifiable.

In sum, startling errors of omission and distortion mar American histories.

Perhaps the most pervasive theme in our history is the domination of black America by white America. Race is the sharpest and deepest division in American life. Textbooks have trouble acknowledging that anything might be wrong with white Americans, or with the United States as a whole.

Slavery's twin relatives to the present are the social and economic inferiority it conferred upon blacks and the cultural racism it instilled in whites.

Racism in the western world stems primarily from two related historical processes: taking land from and destroying indigenous people and enslaving Africans to work the land.

Slavery in its simplest form is involuntary servitude. Yet most Americans do not fully understand the importance of slavery as the pivotal variable in early economic and political survival of the new republic following the American Revolution."

Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About History but Never Learned, by Kenneth C. Davis
"In school books of an earlier era, the warts on our Founding Fathers' noses were neatly retouched. Slavery also got the glossy makeover--it was merely the misguided practice of the rebellious folks down south until the "progressives" of the north showed them the light. There has always been a tendency to hide the less savory moments from our past... . The history of this country is not necessarily a smooth continuum moving toward a perfectly realizable republic... . America remains shockingly divided along racial and economic lines."

D

deleted37010

cut and pasted a response into the wrong post... and i can't delete or edit.... sincere apologies @Jjz1109

Lies my Teachers Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, by James W. Loewen
"Textbooks stifle meaning by suppressing causation. Students exit history textbooks without having developed the ability to think coherently about social life.

Our teachers and our textbooks still leave out most of what we need to know about the American past. Some of the factoids they present are flatly wrong or unverifiable.

In sum, startling errors of omission and distortion mar American histories.

Perhaps the most pervasive theme in our history is the domination of black America by white America. Race is the sharpest and deepest division in American life. Textbooks have trouble acknowledging that anything might be wrong with white Americans, or with the United States as a whole.

Slavery's twin relatives to the present are the social and economic inferiority it conferred upon blacks and the cultural racism it instilled in whites.

Racism in the western world stems primarily from two related historical processes: taking land from and destroying indigenous people and enslaving Africans to work the land.

Slavery in its simplest form is involuntary servitude. Yet most Americans do not fully understand the importance of slavery as the pivotal variable in early economic and political survival of the new republic following the American Revolution."

Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About History but Never Learned, by Kenneth C. Davis
"In school books of an earlier era, the warts on our Founding Fathers' noses were neatly retouched. Slavery also got the glossy makeover--it was merely the misguided practice of the rebellious folks down south until the "progressives" of the north showed them the light. There has always been a tendency to hide the less savory moments from our past... . The history of this country is not necessarily a smooth continuum moving toward a perfectly realizable republic... . America remains shockingly divided along racial and economic lines."

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Amen brother. It is apparent to most here who the usual suspects are that participate in "echo chamber," obsessive behavior. Sadly they don't recognize or grasp that they are largely, uniformly ignored by veterans who are familiar with the batshit behavior, and incessant attempts to engage the unknowing into their web.

Appreciate the link. Excellent read.
FYI, there is a right wing echo chamber. You're not exempt.

Reactions: b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

So you appear to be offended that my ilk and I DON'T choose to ignore all the social issue YOU feel we should, the ones YOU chose to ignore, those YOU don't give a fuck about.

And then come here to say how my post is a rant and a personal agenda. Lol. Got it. You're too much Jz.

Back to, you can go ... well... YOU know what.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
So is the Government Of Putin party doing anything good besides screaming for more tax cuts (not reform) for the ultra rich/ruling class?

They're doing good APLENTY, for the filthy rich "let 'em eat cake" 2% sob's.

For most everyone ELSE, nada. Here's Bernie Sanders' take on it:

"I want you to answer one question, and I want you to tell the American people why you think it is a good idea to give three trillion dollars in tax breaks to the top one percent, at a time when the rich are becoming much richer?"

"While at the same time you are going to throw seventeen millions children in this country off of health insurance because of the unconscionable cuts you are making to Medicaid?"

"While you are going to throw seniors in the state of Wyoming or the state of Vermont off the Meals on Wheels program—maybe the one nutritious program that they get a day?"

"While you are going to throw women and low-income babies off of the WIC program, at a time when infant mortality rates in this country are already high?"

"You really think it’s a great idea to tell a low-income pregnant woman that you’re going to take away the WIC program, take away nutirtion programs from children, in order to give a massive tax break—a fifty-two billions dollars to the Walton family?"

"Please explain your logic to the American people."

Bernie Sanders goes apesh*t on Mulvaney and Trump's budget: 'Tell the American people why'

The ANSWER to Bernie's question however is quite obvious, I think. Considering these are the SAME B------------RDS who've been taking from the American people and giving to the filthy rich for a least a fking DECADE.

Reactions: TurkeyWithaSunburn

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Grand Old Party. STILL running around trying to FUCK the wages of middle class Americans:

St. Louis gave workers a wage hike. Missouri Republicans are taking it away.

HEY morons... are you WINNING yet???

CNN is annoying me lately. Their headlines are inaccurate clickbait and this is yet another which bears correction.

If you were making 7 bucks an hour before the first min wage change, you were at $10 after. Then the republicans past the new state law, which lowered the min wage back down to $7.70.

That doesn't mean that your wage then drops from $10 to $7.70 (the new state minimum wage). Businesses will have the freedom to do so, but it's unlikely that many are going to cut wages on existing workers. It's up to the businesses though, not the GOP, and hence the CNN headline is garbage.

This is the 3rd CNN headline which has been posted here this week which I've had to correct :/

Reactions: malakos

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
CNN is annoying me lately. Their headlines are inaccurate clickbait and this is yet another which bears correction.

If you were making 7 bucks an hour before the first min wage change, you were at $10 after. Then the republicans past the new state law, which lowered the min wage back down to $7.70.

That doesn't mean that your wage then drops from $10 to $7.70 (the new state minimum wage). Businesses will have the freedom to do so, but it's unlikely that many are going to cut wages on existing workers. It's up to the businesses though, not the GOP, and hence the CNN headline is garbage.

This is the 3rd CNN headline which has been posted here this week which I've had to correct :/

Emboldened by Trump, Minimum-Wage-Hike Opponents Fight Back
Voters Approved Wage Hikes, But GOP Lawmakers Have Other Ideas - Bloomberg
Heartless In The Heartland | HuffPost
How Trump and Congressional Republicans Are Undermining Workers
Trumping Labor: The Republican Plan to Gut Workers’ Rights – BillMoyers.com
How Republicans Are Blocking Cities From Raising the Minimum Wage | New Republic

Reactions: deleted15807

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
FYI, there is a right wing echo chamber. You're not exempt.

Where? Here? I don't recall any threads full of Right-learning perspectives where there was an absence of dissent (and even threads that are Right heavy with dissent are rare). OTOH, there are plenty of threads that go on for pages and pages of Lefties intellectually masturbating each other.

D

deleted15807

CNN is annoying me lately. Their headlines are inaccurate clickbait

This is what happens when you get "free" journalism. They have to pay the bills somehow and every website measures the clicks which translate into advertiser dollars. No one wants to pay for the stories.