The Guyver!

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone else love this anime? He is the shit. Hellsing is decent but nowhere near as good as The Guyver.

Anime for those who don't know is a Japanese animation. Very different from the usual western cartoons in that usually the drawing is amazing and nowadays CGI is incorporated too.

The Guyver Bioboosted Armor is an update of the original that only ran 12 episodes (in English, maybe more native). I'm checking out the first episode soon (subtitled, sadly).

Does anyone know when it'll be released in English dub? I prefer to be able to watch the amazing action scenes and not concentrate on the subtitles.

Any other Guyver fans? There have been two feature length films made too. David Hayter was in the second one, who wrote a script for one of the X Men films and also does the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series of games. :smile:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never seen the Guyver, except for a really bad live action movie called
that.

But I am a fan of Ghost In the Shell.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I actually love the Guyver.

I have both live action movies and the VHS episodes from the late 80s/early 90s... plus I'm going to buy the new serious they're releasing. and I actually have a guyver mask sitting ontop of my subwoofer.

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know in virgin megastores there are about 4 series available in the manga section, not sure if its only the U.K. or what. Absolutly loved them tho esp the really corny movies lol

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever's out now won't be the new series. I liked the old one but it was a bit non-linear, after the first six. I think the last six were just for fun really and didn't stick to the original story like the new 26 do.

I watched the first one last night, its practically the same as the English but with slightly different characters and better drawing. Not got as good a soundtrack as the English anime. I love the battle music, when he fights the Hyper Zoanoid team 5 in Ep 4 :smile:

So anyway I was thinking isn't this series about puberty? And becoming a man? The guyver is a change happening to his body and he's a small guy fighting those big bad guys. Its pretty cool.