The Hands Of Time Can Be Cruel!

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw about 50 examples of this at my 20th high school reunion. Perhaps it is more shocking here because they are celebrities?

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Roger Moore is like 80. Come on.

And I agree that it's a bit unfair to juxtapose professional glamour shots (retouched in extremis) with candid shots from decades later (often retouched as well to highlight the negative features).

^that

and... I saw Mr. & Mrs. Moore in NYC about 3 years ago (maybe 5) just strolling along. He was still handsome, charming and debonair; she, glamorous!

VeryHung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Remember also, that, that the early pictures were taken after careful preparation, and, may have had airbrushing done afterward just to make the subject look perfect.

The recent photos were taken without any help, preparation or advance notice.

Remember that before you make nasty, immature and judgmental comments.

balts8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
FRE--Man, if you are 60+ i want to look like you when i grow up! great job and keep having fun. the motorcycles look like a great way to keep thinking like an 18 yr old! congrats!

Last edited:

Looks like the hands of time really beat the shit outta them.... Call me, I have a great plastic surgeon....(Well maybe NOT that great)
FOr some of those guys it was the hands of the plastic surgeon that did them in too.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL. Having never been one of the beautiful men of the world with perfect, chiseled features, bulging muscles, etc., it does me so much good to know that gay men like that live in fear of growing old because they know they will be tossed aside at the first sign of aging! Hey guys, you're just getting the same treatment you dish out right now! LOL

THERE IS JUSTICE!

I've noticed that those to whom time is most unkind are the pretty, bitchy party bois once they get in their 40's. Evidently, aging badly is the only thing that shuts them up and if they're still trying to be the party plaything all those years later, they're even more pathetic.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I've noticed that those to whom time is most unkind are the pretty, bitchy party bois once they get in their 40's. Evidently, aging badly is the only thing that shuts them up and if they're still trying to be the party plaything all those years later, they're even more pathetic.

Good point Sats, wonder why that is? seriously.

D_Yowton Y Yingyang

Account Disabled
Media
It's probably because all they ever had going for them in the first place was a good face and/or body, and when that was gone, there wasn't anything left. Low self esteem? I know of a couple near me that are in their mid 40s. They look great for guys in their mid40s. Trim, toned, hung well, handsome. They only date and hang out with "boys" in their 20s. They are so scared of each year coming around and what it might bring to their "perfect" hides. They can't face their life because of the natural progression of life and the fear they have of it. Nothing sadder than older men trying to be something their not.

pinky

Sexy Member
Media
And then there are men like Richard Burgi, 52, who is still if not more muscular than he was in his 20's, still active (an avid surfer) and still very sexy. He has lines on his face but that has only increased his attractiveness making him less pretty boy looking. It will be interesting over the next 10 years to see if he maintains his amazing body.:biggrin1:

Safelite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Gere and Brosnan have aged gracefully imo ,haha just a really bad shot of the double oh seven there.
I hope my husband ages like Will smith or Alec Baldwin.. They're still damn sexy

I don't see anything wrong with Russel Crowe, He's hot as hell.

I hate Russell Crowe so I could care less about him. However, Gere and Brosnan are still hot as hell. Those pics were them at their worst but they don't always look that bad. These are two men of a certain age that gain and lose weight all the time like a yo-yo. So one minute they can look like a hot mess and the other times look leading man ready for their next big film.

These photos are a bit deceptive because the "after" shots are quite unflattering as they are all candid and the "before" photos are publicity shots, air brushed and doctored to make the actors look their best.

That said, it just goes to show you that remaining attractive is hard work!

Yes, these pics are very deceptive in that they really don't reflect what these stars would otherwise look in the spotlight all done up (with the exception of Mickey).

We all have the aging thing in common, naturally but what happened to Brendan Fraser - he's got to be in his 40's?

Brendan Fraser just doesn't give a shit, which I find most disturbing. There's no excuse for him looking like that. Does any one know if he's gay? Just curious. For some reason I see him being into men.

Tony7xxx

Expert Member
Media
Cleveland, Ohio (originally from Chicago & NYC)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Having gone to pot myself, I feel for them. :) But let's face it, priorities change, bodies change. Life has a nasty way of creeping up on you and kicking you when you least expect it. Anyone of a certain age knows that. So all I feel is compassion. I'd be thrilled to cuddle with a physically over-the-hill man of quality and integrity. Looks inevitably fade. Good character does not.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree that character is more important than a good body. However, the two are not mutually exclusive. Surely it's possible to work towards keeping one's self physically fit and still have a good character.

It's unfortunate that so many guys, as they age, make little or no effort to keep themselves fit. Of course, they should also work towards enhancing their non-physical aspects.

I have made a point of keeping myself fit. I'm 72 and I think that my efforts show. However, I also decided many years ago not to dye my hair, not to have a face lift, not to pretend that I can't remember the First World War (that's an exaggeration, but you get the point), and not to dress in a way more suitable for a teen-ager. Thus, I decided to age gracefully and not pretend to be young, but also not to stop doing things simply as the result of reaching a certain age.

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah ..hes only 41...this dude is a blimp now....jowly fat face too. When you are 41 you definately can still be hot.

The football player body type, so hot when young, is very prone to getting pudgy after college, IMHO, in many, many cases. Brenden was prime football beef in his early flicks.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The football player body type, so hot when young, is very prone to getting pudgy after college, IMHO, in many, many cases. Brenden was prime football beef in his early flicks.

I've noticed that too and wonder why it is. Is there some reason that college football players cannot remain fit and keep their weight under control as they age?