The Healthy Asshole

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Gillette, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm cringing as I write this. Please forgive this stupid question.

I just saw a commercial about testing for colon cancer. It reminded me of a friend who described having it done as the most horrific and painful experience of his life.

My question is this. For those who engage in anal sex, specifically the receiving end, is the discomfort less?

Please don't flame me.

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

I was drugged to sleep for my test; didn't feel a thing before, during or after. The only inconvenience is the colon-cleansing laxatives you take for two days before the procedure. you can't eat solids and wind up going to the toilet a lot. (it was hilarious running from my scrabble club to the bathroom over and over). I came out ok, though, and was glad I got the test.

3. crescendo69

Gold Member

Oh, and I haven't had much anal lately; mostly oral and manual.

4. smoothrnb

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's no comparison. Anal sex is very enjoyable, if performed properly...:biggrin1: I agree with crescendo69...the biggest pain of a colonoscopy is the prep. I am glad it is a once in a decade test...:smile:

5. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    My friend said the exam itself was excruciating.

6. crescendo69

Gold Member

Another friend of mine (straight) had it done (same doctor). No pain, either, as he was also asleep. Maybe some doctors don't use the sleeping drugs?

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    My friend was awake for it.

8. crescendo69

Gold Member

Well, I would not like that, either - they told me that camera tube is very long (I forget how many feet). I think I would find another doctor.

9. CherryPicker

CherryPicker New Member

Albums:
    I've had the procedure; I was fully awake and had no problems at all. Yes, I felt pressure. Being a switch hitter, I am guessing that the "pressure" was not a new experience and I simply made the accommodation. IMHO, I believe that men who have never had a relationship with their butts other than wiping them, come to the examination table with pre-prepped fears which make the experience challenging at best, but more likely not painful (e.g. tightening up, mental anxiety about anyone being "down there").

10. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll pass that on, I appreciate the feedback.

Wasn't sure how far the body was sensitive to certain stimuli. I thought perhaps it might just have been the first x many inches that were a problem for him as he's an anal virgin.

Still feels like a foolish question to have asked, but you know, one wonders.

:dunno:

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your friend has shitty insurance, if you'll pardon the bad pun.

At one point a couple years ago, my wife's doctor had scheduled her for a sigmoidoscopy, which is much less invasive than a full colonoscopy. She wound up not needing to go through with it, but in the prep consultation they told her she would be under "twilight sleep" anesthesia...and that a full colonoscopy, if necessary, would be done under general anesthesia.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Gillette, you didn't mention which test your friend had. There are many different ones, ranging from minimally invasive to fully invasive. The most common is a simple test for occult blood, and a good physician does this test in conjunction with a standard rectal exam (at least for they guys, I don't know how they do it for women...) It's pretty simple - after doing a rectal/prostate exam, (pardon me for being clinical here) the doctor will smudge a bit of fecal matter on a cardboard slide, put a drop of developer on it, and can tell if there is any intestinal bleeding (as would often be the result of colon cancer.)

Other tests include barium contrast x-rays in upper and lower GI testing, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and several others; each of those can be done with very little anesthesia up to twilight sleep.

13. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I haven't had any tests but I have had anal, at a doctor's it's a stranger doing it and most people would be inclined to be stressed and worried, with anal you're with someone you know and trust and it's after a certain amount of foreplay so you're ready for it and wanting it.

14. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't remember the term for the exam he had but he did go through the two day cleansing program for it. He decribed it as using the camera tube with knife/claw on the end to remove a polyp if found.

It's not an issue of insurance coverage. In Canada tests like these are covered by provincial health plans. Though you may have a point in that since the government pays for everyone to have such tests done they would likely not want to cover full anesthesia. He did receive some pain medication prior to the exam but was not put under for it.

CherryPicker, SpoiledPrincess, thanks. Those are good points.

15. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Good points, SP. But judging from some of the threads I've read, some people find the clinical setting stimulating. I just find it stressful and distracting; I doubt I could ever get hard during a clinical exam of any kind.
    Now I understand. If I were the doctor, though, I think that in addition to a little anesthesia, I would also give the patient a dose of a good benzodiazepine - probably something like midazolam. It's effective and not too expensive.

16. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I've had a sigmoidoscopy with no anesthesia, and a full colonoscopy with anesthesia.

I wouldn't say that the sigmoidoscopy with no anesthesia was excruciating, but it was VERY uncomfortable. You'd think that someone who had ever bottomed would take the thin tube that they use with no issue, but that's not the case. It's not the "oh my gosh, I swear they were putting a baseball bat up there" feeling that some people say. It's more that the tube is rigid, and the whole procedure is invasive. I feel the same way when a Dr. gives me a simple prostate exam. There's a huge sensational difference to me between a thin 3" of finger, and a thick 7" of penis. The penis is easier to take. One is a clinical invasion, and the other is a willing erotic experience.

I can't imagine a full colonoscopy without anesthetic. That's a really serious procedure, and takes a while to do. The after-effects, by the way... They fill your entire insides with air (to maneuver, and for visability). That is, your intestines are blown up like a balloon, and it's got to come out somehow. :rolleyes:

17. Luke2202

Luke2202 New Member

My doctor told me that a lot of the discomfort is from the gas inside. It is uncomfortable and in no way seems like an erotic experience. It would be like a woman getting off during a pap smear- I don't think it happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted