The hierarchy of attraction

So, we all find different things attractive. But if you had to weigh things accordingly, which aspects of someone would be the most important, and could one aspect you find attractive override another aspect you find unattractive?

If a guy doesn't have a particularly handsome face, but a beautiful body, will that suffice? Or if you're a size queen, can a massive cock make up for any shortfalls in body and face?

I'm not necessarily talking relationship material, because naturally personality issues are always going to arise there. For me, a good body tends to override everything else, followed by a beautiful cock, and then the face comes last. I don't know why I feel uncomfortable admitting that, but I think for me it's true. In fact, thinking about it, I'd also include the sound of someone's voice before their face. I don't think I've ever found someone with a good body unattractive.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I list my hierarchies of physical and mental attraction seperately. I have a harder time putting a specific order to mental attraction (probably due to never having been in a relationship. However, I do have some very particular ones.), so I probably won't post that. So, here I go! Before reading this, check out the attachments. What I've attached is my Poser rendering of my "Dream" guy. :p

Physical:

Height - for some reason, it's very important to me to feel smaller than other men (which is hard, since I'm 6'1").

Hair Color - I can't stand blonde hair (blatantly blonde, not those dirty-blondes that almost look brown). For some reason

Skin Color - Due to my life experiences, I have a hard time accepting people of my relative skin color as attractive in the sense of relationships (though, I'm still able to consider it attractive otherwise). So, that in mind, this is a big deciding factor.

Cock - While I can't say, definitively, that this matters it's safe to assume it does. I've messed around with one guy and he was small. It was a HUGE turn-off for me (the thought of him couldn't get me even remotely horny... but his personality asn't great either), so it's likely that the appearance (notably, size) of the cock is very important for overall attraction (not overall physical attraction, but overall attraction as in the whole person).

Scent - I have a rather sensitive nose. If someone stinks, I can't tolerate it for long. Some guys and girls, even though they seem clean, just have such an odor to them that pushes me back. Bad breath... yea... I expect intimate moments to have a mouth rather close to my nose... so don't have intolerable breath.

Body - While I openly admit that I can't date a fat man, I can also openly admit that a guy who is slightly overweight is attractive. I personally like the shape I've listed in the attachments most of all. I favor strong arms and pectorals, I like little tummies, I like big butts, I like thick thighs, big hands, big feet, big ears, big noses, big lips, big areolas, long tounges, and big dicks. I guess I like everything, that's not the main body, rather large. So, while my physical standards, for the body, aren't exactly high (like, the guy doesn't have to be a musclebound freak or a bone-thin poorman) they aren't exactly low.

Body hair - I love armpit hair, happy trails and leg hair on a guy. I can tolerate arm-hair and facial hair (to a point). However, when it comes to the chest, ass, and back... that hair needs to be shaved. I'd also prefer the pubic hair to be shaved up to the base of the cock, at least, and well-trimmed.

Face - The face doesn't have to look great, but there ar ecertain features that really push or pull me. For instance, larger lips/big mouths are extremely attractive on virtually any face and thin lips/small mouths turn me off completly. Yes, the afformentioned traits are most-often found in people of my race. However, I've come across many Arabs, Indians, "Whites", Etc.. with the same desirable features.

Teeth - Teeth don't have to be perfect but they can't be ugly or missing (in the front, at least). They don't have to be white, but with the whitening available, it should be apparent that you're working on that looslely (at least).

Eye Color - I don't like blue eyes, or any very bright eyes. I have a hard enough time with eye-contact... and the more bright the eyes are, the scarier/more intimidating a person looks (for me).

Voice - I don't have too much trouble accepting people's voices, so this is almost last on my list. I do prefer more manly voices, though.

Hair - I don't like natural african hair or dreadlocks. Any other hair is just fine (and that encompasses many types). I prefer DARK brown hair on pale-skinned men. I prpefer black hair on tan and dark-skinned men.

Strength - A guy that can pick me up... well, that's just awesome. <3 Makes me feel small, again.

I can't think of anything else right now. Good thing I've attached pics. :p i think I'm able to go so into depth with physical attractions due to the artist in me. What's seen is very important.

Now, mental attraction. (no hierarchy here. Just garbled stuff)

A guy that can accept me for all my flaws is on the top of any list, but the rest of the "list" is rather garbled and situational.

A man that's more into my company than his work is attractive. So I suppose I like a somewhat clingy personality and the idea of a co-dependant relationship (where, as the word suggests, you both depends on each other for certain things). It's probably not the most healthy but nobody is prime relationship material, honestly.

A guy that can be direct, in telling you what they want, is EXTREMELY attractive but I have no idea where this would place on my hierarchy list. There's a heightened level of trust I can put into this type, as they don't seem as willing to hide what they need/want and you (in theory) know better where you stand with them than with a shy guy.

A guy with an eye for art would potentially cause a bit of needed conflict. I can't survive in a world without conflict, so disagreements on what look good in the home (or whatever) would be something I'd actually prefer living with. I couldn't take a guy seriously if he constantly agreed with me on what looks nice.

A guy with a SMALL amount of self-doubt, whether it be in his appearance or otherwise, is more attractive than a guy with EXTREME self-confidence. Most people admire the super-independant type but it's that very type that sickens me and makes me want to vomit. In the same light, a guy that's constantly berating himself is disgusting and hard to tolerate. In all of life, I seek balance over perfection. I wonder, does that sort of make me lean towards Budhism(sp?)? To continue, a man that can take care of himself, while not being 100&#37; independant, is great. A man that's too independant emits the vibe that he doesn't need you. A man with no or little independance seems as though they can't live without you... and that's not only hard on me emotionally... it makes them look pitiful.

A man that can hold a job. I'm not saying I want a power-executive or some sort of bussiness big-wig. I'm also not saying I want a guy that works cleaning the school, working with trash, or doing dirty labor (like plumbing and those other related things). Just an honest joe working for an honest dollar. It's quite a bit more attractive than either of the formerly-mentioned extremes.

A pet man. I like a guy that's into cats, dogs, and reptiles. It's very important that I have at least 2 pets in the house (a cat and a large dog). Not sure why, but I always want to have that sort of company. A guy that doesn't like animals seems kind of cold-hearted to me. Allergies, however, are a whole other issue that can be worked around.

Responsibility. A guy that can make and KEEP a promise (it's understandable that not ALL promises can be kept) is important. A guy that eventually does things he needs to do, before it's too late, is important and it says a good deal about what he can do overall. While the irresponsible and reckless type has their own attraction to them, the insecurity of the irresponsibility can really push me away.

A man with sensible dreams is the most attractive. Power-players, that want to make this huge difference in the world, just turn me off. guys without a dream seem a bit too apathetic about life. Guys who are unsure of their dreams kind of clash with what I stated earlier, about being able to state what you want, but they are more attractive than the other two I've listed. A guy with dreams just a few years ahead, that aren't grandiose, are best. Like, I can't have a man saying "I want to rise to the highest points of the corporate ladder so I can buy a 1 million dollar house and a summer house along with an overly expensive luxury car and vacate to Paris twice a year and blahblahblah." just can't hold my interest as long as a man that says "Well, I'm currently saving for my first actual house. I've been putting in a bit of over-time and selling some of my art to help achieve this goal. This apartment doesn't allow dogs, so that's high on my list for when I'm able to move out.".

I have an attraction to "J" and "Sh" names. o_O Don't know why that is but they always feel right when coming of the tounge. Mmy dream guy, in the attachments, is named Jacob. I currently have a crush on a guy in Japanese class - he's Arab and named Shampsi (Shah-mmp-si).

Loyalty is of EXTREME importance, having been "cheated" on in my first online/long-distance "relationship. Monogamy is a very important idea for me. I swear myself to live by it and I expect the same of a man I choose to be my partner.

A playful, expressive, creative personality is important and brings about the change that I feel I need from day to do.

Can't think of anymore for mental attraction at the moment now, either.

Anyways, the attachments below are X-rated... so yea.

As for what trumps what phsyically and mentally... I can't decide yet.

1000 word text limit!

Attachments

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Goint with the OP's original question, and leaving personality traits out of it... In order of importance for me:

Face: Open and accepting. Smile lines that speak of frequent smiling. And a nice grill, yeah, gotta' have a good grill.

Hands: Square and workman like. Not into 'piano-hands.'

After those two things, everything else is up for grabs. When I think back to the boyfriends I have had, none of them have ever come from the same mold. Tall, short, thin, heavy, EVERY race imaginable (I lived in Hawaii, you get a lot of diversity there. My second b/f was Inuit. How many people can say that?)

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, a real average guy is most likely to turn me on on more levels than a physically atractive person...weird, huh.

Okay, here I go with my heirarchy list.

Masculinity/Personality

Body type

Race

Cock size

"accessories" or what he owns, personal affects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Masculinity/ Personality: I am atracted to men who are very masculine...one could even argue that I like closeted men better than out gay men. I'd go even further and say that I'd rather be with a bisexual man than a gay man. I like the idea that he'd just as easily be turned on if a hot girl came in the room; but I would like for him to be a loyal and faithful partner.

2.)Body type: This is funny because although I love a guy with a rockhard physique...the guys who really get to me are the ones with a little layer of pudge on them. I don't know what it is, but I love a stocky guy. I want him to wrap his arms around me and feel like a giant blanket.

3.)Race: Syddy Kitty and I are from the same school of thought...I'm not so attracted to men of my own race because of what I've seen of them growing up (and what I've experienced). I'm very much attracted to white men, but I've fallen in luve (that's love+lust) with men from many different ethnic backgrounds...so I don't count any guy out.

4.)Cock size: While I don't consider myself a size king, I do have a problem with guys that are, um...girth challenged. The length doesn't really matter as much as how thick the pinga is.

5.) Personal Affects: I wouldn't lie and say that a man who was broke could get with me...because it's just not true. I'm not expecting a caretaker or a sugar daddy, but I make my own cash and he should too.