The I MISS JASON ELS THREAD

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was thinking today when some things went wrong on my pc again when Jason came and helped me out. I think he also caused some trouble....lol. It's been a few months now since Jason passed and it still seems weird that this has happened. I turn on my Yahoo messenger and his name is still there, his name is still on my cell phone, I still have alll my emails and cell phone pics of us...the ones Nick8 hates...lol.
I don't know know why exactly that I'm posting this thread to you folks other than I was having one of those moments of missing someone and since you all know him too I think we could just give ourselves a collective hug in missing our friend. the NYC mafia will never be the same again w/o him.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just thinking about him this morning....
I was going threw my LPSG friend`s list and I saw his name stand there!
So I remembered...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah, I've had thoughts about how much I miss Jason.
Dude couldn't play a game if he wanted to.
Which had a downside.
But basically the biggest of big upsides.
And that's what I remember.

I sometimes stumble on some thread where Jason posted extensively ... and I remember how, sure, he wanted to be understood ... but basically he just wanted to get his version down, and you could do with it as you pleased ... accept it or not.

Jason was almost indifferent,in a good way, to any response you might have.

But eager to help if you had questions about what he'd said.

He was off on some planet, so not quite merging with you, ever or at all ... and yet perfectly content that you filled whatever space you filled ... never having any sense that there could ever be a zero-sum game about respective size or oomph or strength of presence.

Not at all charismatic, yet entirely likeable, once you 'got' him.

Not that he made any effort to see that you 'got' him.
Not knowing what that could mean.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I miss him too. Every time I see his avatar in a post I get sad.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm thinking about our discussions about carnivorous plants as he loved them and so do I but he knew knew much more about them even tho I'm the Plant Doctor! The one thing I got from Jason, well not he one thing, but after he passed was his carnivorous plants book. I love it.

Last edited:

I miss him too - he brought a lot of balance and common sense to the board, and could help stabilize you if you went off on one slightly. :/

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oh no... I didn't know till reading this now.

I remember him saying he was unwell, but can anyone tell me what's happened?

My apologies all, the consequence of dipping in and out of this site from time to time is that you miss a great many things that happen.

I have just read and caught up on the previous threads that explain what Jason was going through and what happened.

I must apologies for my ignorance of the situation, Jason was friend to many and like so many here, to some many here, even if in name alone, he was a familiar part of the LPSG furniture.

I didn't know him very well and certainly do not have the words to do justice to the man that those here close to him can and have done. This isn't to say I'm not shock and saddened to hear of his death. I remember him being unwell and even wishing him well last year but I was truly ignorant as to the extent of his illness.

How very sad.

My sympathies and condolences to his friends here and his family and friends in the real world.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jason was one in a million. He was one of the few people who understood you could be friends with someone and argue and disagree. Many of our conversations here got taken to the mat on the telephone.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I miss him each and every day.

There were moments where he could piss me off (and I suspect I did the same to him, as evidenced in the words of some PMs). In our final exchange, I finally apologized for an incident a month earlier. A month later he was gone, I'm glad I made the proper move, even if it was far later than it should have been. He accepted it and his final words to me, "I look forward to your return! Be well, Jason". Typical of him, to let bygones be bygones- a lesson many would do well to learn, myself included and to keep focus on the road ahead.

When I got the news, I completely fell apart, then I sensed his presence a few days later.

A bright light for all of us, and although able and willing to fight, he also had the clearness of mind to step out of the way when he sensed it was bound to be a futile fight with useless rants and taunts.

I miss everything about him including the texture of his voice.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I miss the eloquence of his words and his class. Often, I ask myself before I post, "How would Jason of said this?" Seriously. And I didnt know him as well as some members, but his effects are everlasting. (at least to me.)

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think about how Jason and I shared a common battle at the same time! Mine succumbed to surgery and chemo and I have been back about a month. Jason, I am sad to say, fought the heroic fight...but did not make it back! I am truly sorry for that! I will remember him as a friend who condensed most clearly in my mind when I realized his struggle! May God grant him eternal peace!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You do not how much a person is wise until you lose such a person...
Jason was soooooo good for this forum, a true contributor...

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ahhh what can I say. Jason will be eternally missed and some of us are going upstate this weekend for his memorial. It will be totally bittersweet. Sad that we loved him and will miss him and bitter that medicine could not help him. There won't be another Jason ELs believe me!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I must tell you Jason's memorial today was very moving and happy/sad. Lovely readings and rememberences and songs from family and friends in an 1810 church followed by a lovely reception at his mom's beautiful place. His family truly is wonderful. In a way it was by turns sweet and hard to take at the same time. You know what I mean it's hard really to put into words when someone you loved dies.